S416-8

I bought it !

Achto
1 hour ago, S416-8 said:

Can I call foul on the pics.. now I want 2 one with the loader and another for everything else

If you buy one tractor for each implement that you want then you won't have to spend any time changing implements.  It's a great time saver. :thumbs2::lol:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

EB-80/8inPA
36 minutes ago, Achto said:

If you buy one tractor for each implement that you want then you won't have to spend any time changing implements.  It's a great time saver. :thumbs2::lol:

Words of wisdom here, brethren.  And at a fraction of the cost of those newfangled retail things (oftentimes found in a sickly green pallor).  A little difficult to maintain, maybe, but hey, there’s Red Square here to help.  Enlarge yer garage!

Edit:  the cost benefit

analysis of adding garage space is all yours, lol.

Edited by EB-80/8inPA
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Monstrosity

Welcome!!  I just joined 2 weeks ago great bunch of fellas here all are eager to help out too! 

• Like 6

953 nut
2 hours ago, S416-8 said:

the bug hit me at an auction maybe 10 yrs ago.

1753816794_1Horse-a-holic.jpg.ce59edc70a83fc819903b488b3f6f321.jpg

Welcome to the club!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
10 hours ago, Achto said:

IMG_20210829_102441853.jpg.bcd3ad97e1c55e6c3a0c4b5cde4581e3.jpg

I gotta git me one of them der new fangled panasonic camers... :D

• Haha 6

Handy Don
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

git me one of them der new fangled panasonic camers

Be werrry careful. Dem der camers can be adicktiv. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

S416-8

GM and I am a red tractor addict. There admitted it so I can now justify the bid that I put on a 520-H before I even have my 416 ? :confusion-confused:

• Like 3

Moonshine*Connoisseur

I'm 2 away from 30 horses in the stable. Wifey says she is just grateful that these red tractors are my only addiction. I wouldn't have it any other way.    Make fun of my chili, make fun of my mother in law but dont make any cracks about my Wheel Horses😎😎😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

S416-8

Tomorrow is the day that I bring the baby home.. can't wait AND I got a shocker and on the way I am picking up the mid mount grader blade :D can't believe that I was lucky enough to find this at the same time I got my machine 

• Like 4

S416-8
On 5/21/2022 at 10:21 PM, Moonshine*Connoisseur said:

I'm 2 away from 30 horses in the stable. Wifey says she is just grateful that these red tractors are my only addiction. I wouldn't have it any other way.    Make fun of my chili, make fun of my mother in law but dont make any cracks about my Wheel Horses😎😎😎

Just read this one.. 30 horses what's the feed boll on that herd.. 

S416-8

was just digging on the Toro parts for the tractor and saw that the muffler is listed for $990.. this has to be wrong right ? 

• Like 1

Handy Don
14 minutes ago, S416-8 said:

was just digging on the Toro parts for the tractor and saw that the muffler is listed for $990.. this has to be wrong right ? 

Nope. Those Nelsons are no longer manufactured so any remaining NOS items have become gold plated.

I bought a broken-rod Onan mainly to get the very nice muffler as well as spares for some of the other bits. Cheap insurance.

• Like 2

S416-8

I got it home tonight.. runs awesome but does need a few things... wheels for the 48" deck, the guy said that there should be some rubber bumpers for the hood that are missing so the hood rattles and the battery tray and hold-down.. run through starts tomorrow,, fluids, cleaning and dielectric all the connectors, etc..

Additional toys I got today is the horse wheel weights and the grader blade

• Like 3

Monstrosity
1 minute ago, S416-8 said:

I got it home tonight.. runs awesome but does need a few things... wheels for the 48" deck, the guy said that there should be some rubber bumpers for the hood that are missing so the hood rattles and the battery tray and hold-down.. run through starts tomorrow,, fluids, cleaning and dielectric all the connectors, etc..

Additional toys I got today is the horse wheel weights and the grader blade

Post a pic!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

S416-8

will get some tomorrow and load them up.. 

cool power on this.. thought I was in 1st turned out I was in 3rd high and let the clutch out and this red thing did a wheelie.. freaked out cause that was never expected wow 

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

oliver2-44
2 hours ago, S416-8 said:

to the Toro dealer, he pulled up the info on the tractor and then sold me the wrong one.

Also started to surge after maybe 15 min of running.. will pull the fuel petcock tomorrow to make sure that the flow is good.

Fuel filter only fills about 1/2 way but not sure if that's normal or not.. 

They built a 416 with a Kohler and an Onan. They may have sold you the Kohler filter and you need the Onan air filter

If you pull the fuel petcock from the tank you may as well get a new petcock and rubber tank grommet.  It challenging to get the pet Oct into a new rubber grommet and even more difficult to get it into a older hardened rubber one. Also it a great time to pull the rear fender, pull the tank and clean it out hood, then give that rear area a good cleaning. 

Its normal for fuel filter to be 1/2 full

• Like 5

S416-8

thanks..

• Like 2

S416-8

Ok first day playing with the new toy.. figured out the grader blade and wow got the end of the drive taken care of after 2 years of plow banking up gravel.. 

Plow blade is odd. All the videos I've watched on this has the bracket being bolted from below. To get mine to face in the right direction it has to be bolted from the side. It seems like it will work if I can figure out the lift. The bracket arrangement seems to push the blade to far forward to be under any lift but will dig into again later.. will take a pic or 2 as well. 

• Like 2

953 nut

There are two types of mid-mount grader blades, the new design has the attachment to the snow plow bracket on the rear axle. The older type attach to the bracket where the mower deck is attached.

566567f2b94b9_40inchGrader.thumb.jpg.4ff   Older type.

• Like 1

S416-8

ok mine is the old one 

I also need to find a front mount for the mule. I was wondering why it had to bolts in the font and turns out that it is missing the swing mounting bar 'not sure of the name of it. 

Edited by S416-8
  • Like 1

Handy Don
23 minutes ago, S416-8 said:

ok mine is the old one 

I also need to find a front mount for the mule. I was wondering why it had to bolts in the font and turns out that it is missing the swing mounting bar 'not sure of the name of it. 

You need the manuals. OM - Owner Manual, IPL - Illustrated parts list, and Wiring diagrams

Go to the search bar and type "tractor yyyy 416-8" (substitute the year of your tractor for yyyy) and click the options for "use all my search terms"  and under "search in" choose Files or Documents. Then hit Return.

Download what you need. The IPL will show you part numbers and name.

If you don't know the year, simply type the model number into the search bar and choose to search in Files or Documents.

Get the model number off your grader blade and do a similar search for its manuals.

• Like 2

S416-8

so far no luck on model numbers on the grader blade or tractor. will need to check the plow in the morning. 

Edited by S416-8
  • Like 1

JCM
On 5/21/2022 at 7:13 AM, S416-8 said:

GM and I am a red tractor addict. There admitted it so I can now justify the bid that I put on a 520-H before I even have my 416 ? :confusion-confused:

Now that you have an interest in 520's, hooked up to a 2 stage  44'' blower with a hydro is hard to beat when the going gets tough. Depending on where you live. :text-welcomeconfetti:

P1012417.JPG

P1012717.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1