RICH S

FRONT END LOADER RECOMMENDATIONS FOR 520H

RICH S

I would appreciate hearing recommendations for what manufactures to look at for a Front End Loader for the 520H.  Including shortcomings of the setup if any?

JCM

Kwik-Way is the only one I am familiar with. Had this mounted on 3 WH tractors but really felt the most comfortable with it on the 520 because of the easier steering. Very handy attachment. @roadapples   Has a nice set up on a C-160  :thumbs:

P1012445.JPG

P1012410.JPG

P1012449.JPG

img20200729_18511604.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

roadapples

Mine is a 550 Ark on a 74 C160, but I did add 520 steering and swept axle. If you find one reasonable, buy it. If you ever find one you like better, you'll have no trouble selling the first one....:WRS:20160206_160330.jpg.35da877a4a679c5b6ec095a7ce0a1a7a.jpg20160206_161132.jpg.6b2e326254a4270cdb911e9e378fb252.jpg20170918_155412.jpg.e773ce7620b0ab01c90140214f4b9a35.jpg

Edited by roadapples
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

wallfish

FActory loaders are hard to come by but they do become available every once in a while. Problem is they go fast so keep an eye out.

Another option is to build your own. https://pf-engineering.com/loader-plans

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

JoeM

I see them on FB marketplace the most, 2000 and up. The cheaper ones sell fast. You can't hesitate.

I see one there now on a 520H, 4200 bucks probably 700 too high MHO. that is assuming the tractor is top notch.

I built three so far and the material and parts right now are premium. About $1800 for all new quality stuff. Really need good fabrication skills with good tools. It can be a rewarding project. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

mrc

I've had a kwikway loader like JCM's. it was a real backsaver for many projects around my home. overall a well built loader. the cutting edge on the bucket is welded on. so you have to watch for wear as it is not a bolt on cutting edge.  i never wore my cutting edge out, i used it a lot and it was used when i bought it.   all the pivot points are pins thru the arms etc.etc. no grease zerks.  I never wallowed out the holes even with hard use.  no hooks on the bucket to suspend something heavy you are 'chaining up' to lift. easy enough to fab though.  no filter for the hydraulics,  easy enough to add one.  the rear counter weight box should have a slightly angled bottom so when you are trying to pile up material it does not hit the ground. i also had something like the ark loader on roadapples tractor. that loader too was good overall.

be mindful that if you build your own that the welds must be top notch because you can get seriously hurt if something breaks. for instance you are loading material into your truck and something breaks. the whole rig and yourself go toppling over. not to mention damaging your truck.  it is incredible how much weight is in that bucket up over head height should something let go. 

please remember as well that this is not a piece of construction equipment. it is a handy time and labor saving attachment for the average homeowner. sure beats wheelbarrow and shovel!!!

you should also check your front tires and make sure they are at least 4 ply.  6 ply is better and run with lots of air pressure to make the steering easier.

regards mike in mass.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1