JimSraj

Front wheel bearings

JimSraj

Does anyone know if 110513 bearings will fit a 1267 Lawn and Garden Wheel Horse?  Also, where can I get some of good quality?

Thanks in advance!

Lee1977

I don't think there are any high quality front wheel bearings for garden tractors. The best I have found are the sealed ones from Ebay or Amazon. I have had a set on my 312-8 for three years just put them in with the seals in and haven't grease them. Some one on here was saying how bad they were, I checked mine a month or so back and they were good. I use that machine in the rough pastures and woods and with the large tires on back it get the front up often.

The size you need is 1 3/8" OD and 3/4" ID. Most of the sellers don't give the size just part numbers. 

Edited by Lee1977
  • Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

Check with wheelhorsepartsandmore. Vendor here on Redsquare. Lowell will set you up. Good guy and great service.

Classified section - vendors.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

sjoemie himself

I've had great succes with SKF bearings. They have an index on their website with (almost) every bearing ever made.

You can search on bearing-number code or by dimensions. I'm assuming that the bearings Wheel Horse used are, for the most part, 'standard' bearings.

If you need help searching let me know. If you have a bearing number and/or dimensions i'll take a look what I can find.

Edit: I just saw that @Lee1977 mentioned the dimensions. All I would need now is the width.

Edited by sjoemie himself
Added info

Achto

953 nut
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Check with wheelhorsepartsandmore. Vendor here on Redsquare. Lowell will set you up. Good guy and great service.

Classified section - vendors.

:text-yeahthat:

Lowell sells good stuff.  https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product/110513-front-wheel-bearing-4-for-wheel-horse/

• Like 3

pacer

I'm with @Lee1977 Last time I found a 'lot' of 10 bearings and got them -- and I also leave seals in, sure beats pumping gobs of grease in there and  hoping some will get to the bearing- and what a mess!! Have had good results on the 2-4 axles I did this but they have only got 3-4 years on them!!;)

peter lena

@Mickwhitt nice upgrade on that mick !  get some  good lubricant to keep that area  moving easily , pete

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Here's a thread that discuses using needle bearing" for heavy worked horse, and other bearings as well.

Here's a thread that discuses using needle bearing" for heavy worked horse, and other bearings as well.

Handy Don

The 520-H swept axles use 1" spindles and tapered bearings in the wheels. Some got spindle thrust bearings at the factory but if not, you can add them. Plus, the 2" of extra wheelbase can make a difference (just be sure to account for it behind the bucket of the FEL). The reduction steering was gravy (two turns lock-to-lock and it feels like power steering) but not as easily swapped into a different chassis/hoodstand. I know they are not easy to find and can be a bit dear, but short of the LX and LXI models, these might have been the strongest front ends WH put out and I'd recommend it as an upgrade to any 3, 4, or 500 series targeted for an FEL. 

• Like 2

Wheelhorse#1

I purchased these off Fleabay .A little pricey at 10 bucks each.Made in NJ  seem pretty decent .I think stens sells some that are similar in style.

I think the best way is to do what mr.Mickwhitt did,go with the trailer setup !

C10C7167-DE99-4B6B-8618-E491FE3BDE4C.jpeg

70D135C6-1B74-46FB-9220-B14E3C2D967C.png

Edited by Wheelhorse#1

JimSraj

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ve got a little visible wear in the shaft so I’m gonna stick with the regular bearings rather than roller type I’m thinking. I have a call in to Lowell at WH parts and more. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1