Larry Chamberlain

Re winding snow plower chute cable

Larry Chamberlain

Im having a really hard time re winding this thing keeps bird nesting on me works fine for like two cranks each way and goes to hell after that lol 

Model number is 45248

Thanks in advance 

Jeff-C175
48 minutes ago, Larry Chamberlain said:

Model number is 45248

Hi Larry,  were you able to locate the manual for your blower in the 'manuals' section?

I don't see any manuals that have that model number on them.  Can you post some pictures of your blower?

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/category/28-snow-blowers/

What size cable are you using?

Edited by Jeff-C175

Ed Kennell

I have used 0.105" trimmer string with some success.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Model number is 06-42ST05

This is a later manual but describes the cable installation.

lynnmor
5 hours ago, Larry Chamberlain said:

this thing keeps bird nesting on me

Perhaps you bought the rather course cable, you need cable with a lot of fine strands so that it is very flexible.

• Like 2

Blackhood Bill
9 hours ago, Larry Chamberlain said:

Im having a really hard time re winding this thing keeps bird nesting on me works fine for like two cranks each way and goes to hell after that lol 

Model number is 45248

Thanks in advance 

Larry, my cable broke last year. I had the same thing happen also, after several attempts. After reading the how to replace instructions several times I believe I was wrapping the cable a half wrap to much. After a half wrap less the cable stays pretty much in place and I can turn my chute both directions and not half to stop and fix the “birds nest”.

Larry Chamberlain

The cable i got seems to kink realy easy im gonna try it again and make sure its super tight wraps see if that helps do you guys have a link for the fine braded cable that dosnt kink

Blackhood Bill

@Larry Chamberlain, Larry I just bought clothes line cable that is vinyl coated at Menards

Edited by Blackhood Bill

peter lena

@Larry Chamberlain , when working with wire cable , you cannot fight it into place , thats what your  " birds nest comment " tells me , as you wind it on let it go where it wants too . typically have aerosol lubricated  its initial lay out relieving and smoothing out its function .  once its in place , try to relieve its binding areas , while still secured . that way you can stop the nest and still have it in place and control . had your problem myself , till I did it this way , pete

pfrederi

You want something like this.  Key is 7 x 19.. home center stuff is usually 7 x7 and stiff...

Capture.JPG