Gregor

Single Stage Paint

Gregor

I like the media blasters that use dry ice. When you're done, nothing left but old paint and water, but BIG $$$$$$$

WHX??

Bring them here only 275 miles.... :auto-swerve:

Yes the CFM would be added at the respective compressors rated delivery pressure. As delivery pressure goes up delivery CFM goes down. 

Most lower end cabinet blasters require 10-12 cfm @ 90 PSI. Not sure about pot blasters. 

• Like 1

Achto
4 hours ago, Gregor said:

got to thinking. Another air compressor would give me another compressor, but also another tank. Would my CFM increase, or not?:confusion-confused:

Yes your Cfm and capacity would increase. If you have a compressor like Jim's you should be able to run a blast cabinet.

squonk
4 hours ago, Gregor said:

Yep, that's what I have. Don't remember where I got it. Wanna trade? :D

I got to thinking. Another air compressor would give me another compressor, but also another tank. Would my CFM increase, or not?:confusion-confused:

No really. It's not so much the size of the tank it's the size of the pump. You can have a big honkin tank. But once the volume drops you might be waiting to get it filled back up. A big pump can keep you blasting sooner.

https://www.bigrentz.com/how-to-guides/size-air-compressor-sandblasting

compressed-air-requirement-and-abrasive-consumption-chart.jpg

• Thanks 1

Gregor

Well I had to try it, soooooo, I bought 1 of these,

470918601_Screenshot2021-12-08at12-35-1250lbPortableAbrasiveBlasterKit.png.f76c2a805873e69a0a2a2f1ba07f3f9c.png

and some of this.

1478815705_Screenshot2021-12-08at12-34-455000lbBlackAluminumOxide70GritAbrasiveMedia.png.6a35e2984250b7a61346f001346536da.png

and gave it a shot. This is a piece of tin work from my Kophler MV 16. I didn't put this piece back on because I think it is unique to the Cub Cadet. But I did keep the piece.

It didn't take long, but doing an entire hood may be a bit much for this blaster.

20211208_124120.jpg.7ee4f1494c9be583e33db2e4985182ee.jpg

It removed the paint and rust. I could definitely use more air compressor. Mine never did quit running. This could be pretty handy for small pieces, or areas you simply can't get at any other way. If you did this in a large cardboard box, I think you could reclaim the media. Of course that media would be contaminated with paint and rust, and would become less and less effective, the more you used it.

Maybe I can talk my son  into bringing over his compressor this weekend. Too :ranting: cold outside for me. :occasion-snowman:

• Like 2

PetesPonies1

I paint cars, etc. I have paint that is years and years old and still is fine. 

WHX??

That don't look the worst Gregor.

Gregor

My son brought over his HF air compressor. It's actually smaller than mine. I hooked both compressors together, and then to the blaster, Theoretically, should it have helped? I don't know. :confusion-shrug: Too much for my little brain to figure out. Do I think it helped?:thumbs: Definitely. I seem to have more pressure. His pumps to 135, mine, 125. I could blast longer before either compressor kicked in, but it did take them quite a while to recover. I have several Wheel Horse rims around here, when time permits, I am going to tackle one of them, see just how long, and how much blast media it takes. If you are not doing this in a cabinet, you definitely want a face mask. PITOOEEE !