Smittyjws

C-160

Smittyjws

Need some feedback on value 1976 c-160 all original 2nd owner 

imagejpeg_0006.jpg

• Like 1

stevasaurus

No way anybody can give you an amount.  How about...does it run, some back ground, what is included...etc.  Please use our "Classified Section" to list this when you figure it out.  I'll say this...it is about how much you want, and how much a buyer is willing to pay.  Seriously, the blade is around $150 - $175.  Mower deck ??  Any holes, bad bearings, 42" or 48"???  Horse is nice looking...depends on how it starts and runs.  $50 to $750.  Location does matter here.  :eusa-think:  Why are you selling??  Tire chains...who knows.  Don't want to use them on concrete or black top??

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

oliver2-44

The C160 hydro is a very desirable horse.  That one looks fairly well cared for, tires look good.  Price depends a lot on area.  in my area that tractor, mower deck and plow would sell for $500-$800 quickly if it runs and drives well. Chain it to a tree and see if the hydro will spin the tires! .

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 4

tunahead72

I saw a C-160 8-speed a couple of months ago in Lancaster County PA.  It was in for service at a lawn and garden equipment repair place over the winter, and the owner had decided he didn't want to put any more money into it and wanted it sold.  It had been sitting outside all winter, so it was pretty well weathered and had a good bit of surface rust.  But it had been running and mowing recently, and ran okay once we got it started (new battery, points & condenser as part of the service).  It was mostly complete, with a mower deck and rear wheel weights.  But it was missing belt guards on the deck, mule drive adjustment knob, needed a new seat, tires were old but holding air, fuel tank was a sloppy rig, that sort of thing.

The guy who ran the shop told me he thought the owner would take $500 for it, which sounded reasonably fair for this area, but it was more of a project than I wanted to tackle at the time.  Yours LOOKS better than the one I saw, but like the other guys have already mentioned, it depends a lot on how well it runs and mows and plows, maintenance history, location.  What else do you know about it?

tunahead72

I just saw one of your earlier posts on this tractor...  Are you looking to sell it now?  And where are you located in PA?

It's a 77 c-160 bought it off the original owner it had been barn kept the whole time but had not been used in last ten years a little rough but going to be a nice tractor

clueless

Bought my 1977 auto down here in Northwest Fl. where they are very rare, a few years ago, it ran good and still does, had a 1997 42 inch deck on it and new tires for $850.00. I was okay with the price, still am.  

• Like 1