SylvanLakeWH

The Things People Toss…

D_Mac

I have had smokers in the past, never a pellet grill

Pretty sure this one needs a new hot rod as they call it. I ordered one, should be here by end of the week. Mmmmm I can taste those ribs now.

• Haha 2

D_Mac

So an update on the Traeger. Turns out it wasn't the hot rod that was defective. It was the fan. Got it all figured out now and made some ribs in it yesterday.

20240713_150929.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 2

D_Mac

Picked this off the side of the road last night. Took me all morning to straighten it out. Also was missing about a dozen nuts and bolts. Working g good now ! 

20240721_133557.jpg

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

SylvanLakeWH

@D_Mac Nice!!! :clap:

Mount that baby on the hood of a :wh: and create the first "win-gen" model... :eusa-think:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

cleat
On 7/14/2024 at 11:48 AM, D_Mac said:

So an update on the Traeger. Turns out it wasn't the hot rod that was defective. It was the fan. Got it all figured out now and made some ribs in it yesterday.

20240713_150929.jpg

We absolutely love our traeger and cook on it a lot all summer. 

It gets to rest in the cold weather as it would have trouble heating up.

• Excellent 1

adsm08
5 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Picked this off the side of the road last night. Took me all morning to straighten it out. Also was missing about a dozen nuts and bolts. Working g good now ! 

20240721_133557.jpg

That musta been some wind storm.

One just like that disappeared from the yard across the street from me about 2 years ago. I've been wondering what happened to it.

• Haha 1

D_Mac
14 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

That musta been some wind storm.

One just like that disappeared from the yard across the street from me about 2 years ago. I've been wondering what happened to it.

Well come get it ! I already asked if anyone in my family wants it. No one does. I don't feel like moving it every time I cut the grass. Maybe buy some spray paint and see if I can't sell it on CL.

@cleat. You can see in the background I had the traeger out again today. Did up a pork loin . Came out excellent. Pork loins did get the credit they deserve. It wad delicious. What is your favorite ?

cleat
43 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

@cleat. You can see in the background I had the traeger out again today. Did up a pork loin . Came out excellent. Pork loins did get the credit they deserve. It wad delicious. What is your favorite ?

I agree that pork loin roast and pork chops are our favorites

Whole chicken tastes great but the skin is always a bit tough and rubbery.

boneless skinless chicken breasts cook up real nice without being dry at all.

Ribs come out great with enough prep and care. 

I have only smoked one brisket but it turned out great as well.

Steaks are great on it as well but we only tend to cook them once or twice a year due to the cost.

I have never made roast beef on the traeger.

Burgers and hot dogs I now just do on the gas grill as it tastes about the same and is way faster.

• Excellent 1

lynnmor
8 hours ago, D_Mac said:

Well come get it ! I already asked if anyone in my family wants it. No one does. I don't feel like moving it every time I cut the grass. Maybe buy some spray paint and see if I can't sell it on CL.

My neighbor put a windmill just like that along the road with a free sign, I got it and placed it over the well as a visual aid when backing trailers around.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1