formariz

Electrical fuel pump mounting location

formariz

I see this question once in a while. For the tractors with tank under seat I mount them right on frame behind engine. There are already two holes in frame that match pump and it is below the level of tank . It’s also an easy spot to service pump if needed without having to remove anything else.

4D94972C-DCBE-45AB-BB91-4C688B92FBAD.jpeg.fb9380fbcff4d03dd4380cd48f053aea.jpeg

D02E5956-1816-4B82-9C09-29648AB89057.jpeg.385d08dcca51e4fc27b040f03e2191e5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

squonk

Those pumps push better than pull but as long as you got a good gravity feed why not. I have a 953 that's going electric next month. Prolly put it near the tank.

• Like 1

ranger
7 minutes ago, squonk said:

Those pumps push better than pull but as long as you got a good gravity feed why not. I have a 953 that's going electric next month. Prolly put it near the tank.

It would be interesting to see if there is any pressure differences between rear or front mounting an electric pump. If there is a drop in efficiency/pressure mounting further away from the tank, perhaps “el-Cheepo” pumps with maybe suspect higher pressure delivery than advertised would be better mounted closer to the carb. I doubt though, with the distances involved, there would be much, if any, difference. I have one mounted in the same place on my C121 that  @formariz has his, it works fine, filter is at tank outlet.

oldlineman

That's where I put mine on my 1989 414-8 like above holes already there and easy servicing works great. Bob

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

• Like 2

formariz
1 hour ago, squonk said:

I used to put them under rear fender but it was just too much work to get to them if needed.

46 minutes ago, ranger said:

It would be interesting to see if there is any pressure differences between rear or front mounting an electric pump. If there is a drop in efficiency/pressure mounting further away from the tank, perhaps “el-Cheepo” pumps with maybe suspect higher pressure delivery than advertised would be better mounted closer to the carb. I doubt though, with the distances involved, there would be much, if any, difference. I have one mounted in the same place on my C121 that  @formariz has his, it works fine, filter is at tank outlet.

I have experimented a lot with electric fuel pumps in many different tractors and places in them. Although I never really measured fuel pressure , it was always evident on how hard the pump was working in different places on same tractor by the sound it made. Close to tank and downhill from it they are the most quiet. Farther away and level or above it they get noisier. Many times actually going uphill under load one could hear the "ticking" increase in loudness.

• Like 2