AHS

310-8 and 312-8

AHS

So a friend that has a 2016 craftsman mower blew a valve. He has been around me a my multiple Wheel horses, and I mentioned to him “what about a Wheel Horse?”..... and that’s all it took!!  What’s better than a 312-8 w/ 42” sd (with holes😞) a plow and a short Shute snowblower for $750..... Throw in a 310-8 with a nice 36” RD for $650! $650!! Two tractors, two mower decks, a plow and a short Shute snowblower!! The 312 needs a muffler, the 310 needs a fuel pump and a battery. And his wife said that I’m a “bad influence!” What?!🤔

72FD2479-C053-4DF7-B365-DADD972D399D.jpeg

C2150CE1-6952-48FF-91B6-326FBA0750B0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 7

AHS

185C157D-EB67-4575-AC31-1D7696B4EBE4.jpeg

• Like 3

AHS

@jimkemp I do need another muffler, for my buddies 312-8. Hers a pic. The muffler looks good, but on the back side it is rusted out! 

• Like 1

AHS

D37E2937-1F9F-48C6-8C3C-966AFD5847CB.jpeg

BFCEE871-88BB-4828-B799-27BD94A551D5.jpeg

ebinmaine

You ARE a bad influence.  But it's ok. 

Excellent work!!

So now does this friend know about the Owl's Head Show?????

Get him/her signed up here so's we can teach all the secret handshakes and stuff. 

And maybe learn about Wheelhorses. 

• Like 2

bds1984

That is a nice find!  But....that is a 48" deck on the 312-8 so that should make it even better!

• Like 4

AHS
7 hours ago, bds1984 said:

That is a nice find!  But....that is a 48" deck on the 312-8 so that should make it even better!

I was thinking it was a little wide for a 42”.... that the one with the holes in the back.. but near silent bearings!!

Pollack Pete
10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Get him/her signed up here so's we can teach all the secret handshakes and stuff. 

How about the secret de-coder ring too?

• Like 2

Pollack Pete

I think you're a good influence on your friend.You turned him on to a couple tractors that will probably run forever.And,he'll have a great time working on them.

• Like 3

AHS
48 minutes ago, Pollack Pete said:

I think you're a good influence on your friend.You turned him on to a couple tractors that will probably run forever.And,he'll have a great time working on them.

Key words there “will probably run forever”. I told Jason (my friend) just change the oil once or twice a year and you’ll be all set!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, AHS said:

Key words there “will probably run forever”. I told Jason (my friend) just change the oil once or twice a year and you’ll be all set!

If no oil filter, aim for about 25 hours between changes. 

Ours are usually twice a year. 

• Like 2

AHS
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

If no oil filter, aim for about 25 hours between changes. 

Ours are usually twice a year. 

Ya, I changed my 414 3  or 4 times last year... mowing two lawns, and snowblowing

• Like 2

AHS

Now the clutch switch is right below the 8 speed, on the 312? The 312 is the one without points, the serial number is all faded away. Jason’s having to jump the solenoid to get it started, or the PTO? All the warning lights are still working on the dash, I’d like to delete them! 

gwest_ca
21 minutes ago, AHS said:

The 312 is the one without points, the serial number is all faded away. All the warning lights are still working on the dash, I’d like to delete them! 

Any numbers on the engine decal? Those with the Kohler serial may identify the tractor.

Why delete them if they are working? They should be telling you why the starter won't work. If you insist just unplug the circuit board.

Garry

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, AHS said:

delete them

I'd have to agree with Garry.

If you have any of the following:

Inexperienced or minimally experienced operator.

ANY children anywhere in the area EVER.

Multiple operators possible on the same tractor.

YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT DELETE ANY SAFETY SWITCHES. 

Using a test light, voltmeter, dvom, it should be well within your abilities given the help of this site to figure out what EXACTLY is causing a no start.

Begin by starting at the smallest wire on the solenoid and tracing it back to the next component. Remove that plug and remove that component and clean them both.

Bench test that component.

Repeat procedure as you go down through the line. You may very well just have a bad connection or bad ground.

• Like 1

AHS
10 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I'd have to agree with Garry.

If you have any of the following:

Inexperienced or minimally experienced operator.

ANY children anywhere in the area EVER.

Multiple operators possible on the same tractor.

YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT DELETE ANY SAFETY SWITCHES. 

Using a test light, voltmeter, dvom, it should be well within your abilities given the help of this site to figure out what EXACTLY is causing a no start.

Begin by starting at the smallest wire on the solenoid and tracing it back to the next component. Remove that plug and remove that component and clean them both.

Bench test that component.

Repeat procedure as you go down through the line. You may very well just have a bad connection or bad ground.

Ya, he has two little ones.. yup I will admit you are right! My 414; it’s all deleted (way before me) and my 76 B80 is the safest! All safety switches replaced. 

• Like 1

WheelhorseBob

I think Wheel Horse tractors will out last most of us. Take care of them and they last for evah!

• Excellent 2

AHS
23 minutes ago, WheelhorseBob said:

I think Wheel Horse tractors will out last most of us. Take care of them and they last for evah!

Yes.. indeed. Even if they are left outside and uncovered.... like my B80!

• Excellent 1

AHS

@jimkemp This is the one you sent before, it works excellent! The same exact thing on the 312. 

121F7895-168A-45C0-B521-4BD2A0A86A94.jpeg

• Like 1

23 Reo

When is the Owls Head Show?

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, 23 Reo said:

When is the Owls Head Show?

Saturday July 24th

• Like 1

23 Reo

Super, see you there.

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, 23 Reo said:

Super, see you there.

Awesome!!

We will have quite a contingent of my hiking friends, Wheelhorse friends, and family.

You or for that matter anybody else who's around, please do feel free to send me a pm.

If all goes according to plan I'll have three or four tractors and my new to me old truck there....

• Like 2