Bill D

Kohler Head Differences

Bill D

Is there any reason I can't put the head from a M10 on a M14?  The M10 head is a second generation head with the spark plug between the valves instead of over the exhaust valve.  I read on the Brian Miller site that the second generation heads made less power.  Any thoughts?  I am only considering this because the head cover tin is for the M14 was hacked by a previous owner and I don't have another cover.  Thanks.  Bill

Maxwell-8

the bore on a m10 is 3.25 in and on a M14 3.5in

Edited by Maxwell-8

squonk

Don't know for sure. If I remember right the heads on big block 10,  12 , 14 are the same on non Magnums except for the bolt bosses for the older starter/ gen engines.

• Like 2

Achto
1 hour ago, squonk said:

If I remember right the heads on big block 10,  12 , 14 are the same on non Magnums except for the bolt bosses for the older starter/ gen engines.

You are correct. Heads will interchange K241 - K321 and M10 - M14

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• JeremyNzl
      By JeremyNzl
      Hi Guys, 

Looking for some advice, 

We rebuilt this k241 with a +.010 piston, Its had a rebore to +.010 but they did it off the manual specs and not the piston.
      Not ideal with an aftermarket piston but I wont get caught on this next time. 

Its developed this oscillating ting noise, its not the metal cover its there with it on and off, 
      its 100% from the cam side, does it under low load / slow idle, 
      Have setoscoped the motor with a screwdriver to the ear, and I cannot locate it.
      but its in the top.

Have rechecked valvel clearances x2 already , 1st before initial run, and again day after, very minimal adjustment made after 1st run. 

Ting noise clearly heard in the video , appreciate any advice. 

Jeremy Nz 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txf8fciaqi5rozg/2021-06-10%2009.08.11.mp4?dl=0
    • SethL1984
      By SethL1984
      https://youtu.be/0_zX7Ur6quI

What do ya think guys!? 

Once it starts it seems to misfire or something. I provided the video to help you hear what I'm dealing with!