TC10284

Replacement Onan Governor Ball Spacer

Gordon013
On 4/1/2021 at 11:12 PM, TC10284 said:

So, I searched high and low to find someone that could mill out a replacement Onan governor ball spacer. I got lucky enough to find one locally that would do it. He has made me a few of these things.  He said he is happy to make more for you guys if interested. Can provide cost details if anyone is interested. 

I haven't posted a classified yet, because I wasn't sure of the interest. So I'm asking here first. 

My contact has professionally milled out a governor ball spacer for the Onan P220g/P218g/P216g based off an original. The only difference is that it has an extended tab like the plastic ones to make certain it doesn't ever slip on the cam shaft. It's made out of aircraft grade aluminum. I've tested one in my P220g and it has been working great. 

Thoughts or interest? 

IMG_20210401_225955215.jpg

IMG_20210401_230002722.jpg

I am very interested In purchasing one.  I have a p218g in a 318 mower and I think my issue is the flyball spacer.  Basically I can run it up to half throttle but if I throttle up to fast it over revs.  It acts as if once the rpms get high enough the spacer starts slipping on the shaft which I assume makes it spin slower and the governor throttles up and you get the over rev. I have been looking everywhere for a metal one or even a plastic one with that tab but nothing. I even contacted a guy named Boomer who is well known on the john deere forums or pages and he said I'm 6th in line for one if he can find them. I hear you can cut out a tab that fits in between the cut out on the cam and in one of the spacers holes but wasn't sure how easy it would be to secure it to the cam.  Please let me know how I can get in contact with you or your contact.  There is definitely a growing need for these spacers.  Thank you in advance. 

Ps I only found this forum from clicking on a picture of the spacer I found on Google.  I don't own a wheel horse tractor but used to own a wheel horse safari 309 snowmobile.  

Handy Don

@TC10284 This one is for you!

Handy Don

And welcome to the forum @Gordon013

We do really like Wheel Horses, but we are a tolerant bunch and many members have plenty of other sorts of tractors. :D

Edited by Handy Don

TC10284
35 minutes ago, Gordon013 said:

I am very interested In purchasing one.  I have a p218g in a 318 mower and I think my issue is the flyball spacer.  Basically I can run it up to half throttle but if I throttle up to fast it over revs.  It acts as if once the rpms get high enough the spacer starts slipping on the shaft which I assume makes it spin slower and the governor throttles up and you get the over rev. I have been looking everywhere for a metal one or even a plastic one with that tab but nothing. I even contacted a guy named Boomer who is well known on the john deere forums or pages and he said I'm 6th in line for one if he can find them. I hear you can cut out a tab that fits in between the cut out on the cam and in one of the spacers holes but wasn't sure how easy it would be to secure it to the cam.  Please let me know how I can get in contact with you or your contact.  There is definitely a growing need for these spacers.  Thank you in advance. 

Ps I only found this forum from clicking on a picture of the spacer I found on Google.  I don't own a wheel horse tractor but used to own a wheel horse safari 309 snowmobile.  

I have PM'd you sir. 

• Like 1

John ORourke

Can anyone help me find a governor spacer? Thanks in advance for any help!

Looking to talk with Gordon013 about replacement spacer.

John

Edited by John ORourke
Added info.

TC10284
13 minutes ago, John ORourke said:

Can anyone help me find a governor spacer? Thanks in advance for any help!

Looking to talk with Gordon013 about replacement spacer.

John

PM'd you sir.