JaysHorse

Hydraulic hoses C145

JaysHorse

So I extended my frame 18” on my C145 chassis. Now I need to get longerhoses to go from pump to spool valve. Anyone know what my options are or a place to order them from? Is a steel line an option? 

FFADDC70-F8EE-4FEF-BD7C-F69CC6CEA04C.jpeg

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Steel piping can be an option but ONLY if it's made right and out of the proper stuff.

I've dealt with the company below and I would highly recommend them. I think he does mail order anyway but if not, I'll help you out.

https://crsmaine.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi

I get the fittings I need and bulk 1/4 SAE 100R3 hose from this place .  Cut the pieces I need take them to the local hydraulic place (many good autoparts sores make hoses and would be good) with a box of donuts and he crimps them for me..

https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

oliver2-44

One of our vendors Wheel Horse Parts and More, makes custom hoses.

So @JaysHorse now that you've teased us  :naughty: enquiring minds want to know what's your plans with the frame extension. 

• Like 1

JaysHorse
30 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

One of our vendors Wheel Horse Parts and More, makes custom hoses.

So @JaysHorse now that you've teased us  :naughty: enquiring minds want to know what's your plans with the frame extension. 

Well I was trying to save some embarrassment but you had to call me out. I made this but when I loaded it I was spot lighting the stars. 😂 so I decided to extend the rear axle 18” to put it under the middle. 

91FEF41C-2FA0-4767-B550-48F9DBACECE1.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Jeff-C175
3 hours ago, JaysHorse said:

I was spot lighting the stars

Front suitcase weights!

• Like 2

oliver2-44
3 hours ago, JaysHorse said:

Well I was trying to save some embarrassment but you had to call me out. I made this but when I loaded it I was spot lighting the stars. 😂 so I decided to extend the rear axle 18” to put it under the middle. 

91FEF41C-2FA0-4767-B550-48F9DBACECE1.jpeg

Looks like Just a small design change @JaysHorse We,ve all had those days. 

• Like 2

JaysHorse
8 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Front suitcase weights!

That would be a good idea. But who wouldn’t want it to be 18” longer? 😂

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, JaysHorse said:

That would be a good idea. But who wouldn’t want it to be 18” longer? 😂

Might as well do both. You've already got the length added and tractors just look cool and have better steering with front weight. 

• Like 1

JaysHorse

So anyone know the best way to measure for a new belt? If I made this 18” longer would I be safe to say 18” longer belt?

Jeff-C175
6 minutes ago, JaysHorse said:

So anyone know the best way to measure for a new belt? If I made this 18” longer would I be safe to say 18” longer belt?

Well... don't forget that it's TWO TIMES 18", but I'm not sure it's that simple.  It might just be.

A long azz belt like that is surely going to need some flat idlers to keep it from floppin' around like a big rubber band.  Might wanna plan on that?

• Like 2

JaysHorse
8 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Well... don't forget that it's TWO TIMES 18", but I'm not sure it's that simple.  It might just be.

A long azz belt like that is surely going to need some flat idlers to keep it from floppin' around like a big rubber band.  Might wanna plan on that?

Yeah I already planned on that. I thought about using a piece of 1/2” rope to get an idea. 

ebinmaine

I find the best way to go about that type of business is to get 3 or 5 belts of close size and return what you don't need. 

Start with the one 36" longer than stock. 

• Excellent 1

JaysHorse

The one I was using was 84”. So I am starting with 120” see what that does for me. 

• Like 1

JaysHorse

So that was a 119” x1/2 and it was a bit short. Off to a 5/8x126”

JaysHorse

Kind of at a standstill until I get this belt. Also my longer hydraulic lines should be able to be picked up tomorrow. 

• Like 1

JaysHorse

image.jpg

• Excellent 1

JaysHorse

Got 2 new longer hydraulic lines made up today. Longer belt should be in today. With a little bit of luck I can make some progress on this again. 

• Like 2

JaysHorse

Starting to come together. Hoses fit perfect. Belt is on. 

0DB5B41B-92FF-4223-8EE7-EF5F9D57DC5D.jpeg

• Excellent 1

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, JaysHorse said:

Starting to come together

Jay, I wonder if you added any cross bracing between the longer frame rails?  That extra distance will add to torsional stress on the frame.  Just something to think about...

• Like 2

JaysHorse
54 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

Jay, I wonder if you added any cross bracing between the longer frame rails?  That extra distance will add to torsional stress on the frame.  Just something to think about...

Funny you mention this topic....I was thinking about that as well. I noticed when I rock the engine there is a lot of twist. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, JaysHorse said:

Funny you mention this topic....I was thinking about that as well. I noticed when I rock the engine there is a lot of twist. 

Take a look at this thread. Scroll up and down and you will see a few different ways to add some beef to the back of the frame where It bolts to the transmission. Perhaps include and or modify something that's in here...

• Like 1

Jeff-C175
19 minutes ago, JaysHorse said:

thinking about that as well

I was thinking about perhaps an X brace arrangement of sorts, using 3/4 round rod... say from the bottom right frame rail to the top left, than from the bottom left to the top right, and maybe welded in the middle where they cross?

Then maybe even more?  from top right to bottom left, etc...  maybe that's overkill though?  Two might be enough?

Or, if you have some left over C channel that you used for the frame, do an X brace with that.  Should be super strong then.

Edited by Jeff-C175

Jeff-C175
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

back of the frame where It bolts to the transmission

Maybe take my X brace idea all the way to the trans mount plate?