Pullstart

Happy Birthday Dan!

Pullstart

@Dan.gerous, hopefully you’re out to sea building something nifty in your bunk, or busy in the farm!  It’s been a while since you chimed in!

• Like 1

ebinmaine

HAPPPPYY BIRTHDAAAAYYY

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

See the source image

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:occasion-cake:

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Happy Birthday Dan, especial if you be Offshore.

🍾🎂 🎁

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

:occasion-birthdaymulticolor: Have seen you on RS for a while I hope you are doing ok and have a great birthday.

• Like 1

roadapples

:hbd:

• Like 1

rjg854

:occasion-partyblower:  HAPPY BORNED ON DAY, DAN  :occasion-candle:

• Like 1

Stormin

All the Best Dan. Hope all is well. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

formariz

Happy Birthday:occasion-cake:

• Like 1

Dan.gerous

Thanks everyone!

Spent it at sea - all the crew made me a lovely cake and I got a pile of lego to make into something!

Sorry for not being around lately, life has been frantic!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

Sorry for not being around lately, life has been frantic

No apologies needed but we've had enough. 

We're gonna need more posts, lots of pics. 

:lol:

I'll send some good karma over to ya which are well known to contain defranticizers. 

• Like 1

Dan.gerous
19 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

No apologies needed but we've had enough. 

We're gonna need more posts, lots of pics. 

:lol:

I'll send some good karma over to ya which are well known to contain defranticizers. 

Ha ha!

Will get some pictures over soon, the weather has cleared enough for me to put the roof on the garden shed thing - thats been sat for months doing nothing.

Also trying to source a Brinly hitch so I can get the garden plowed.

Have completed some more silly projects on the ship - its amazing what you can do with disposable cups....

Farm has  been taking up free time, we have been streamlining all the jobs as the systems were old fashioned and labour intensive.

Finally brought a welder, so been playing about with that - more projects underway involving steel.

Have designed a new feeding system for the pigs, that incorporates water supply, and a bird proof feed area - nice compact units to speed up the daily grind of feeding. The prototype is being tested, once any issues are ironed out i need to build 75 steel frames for the other 150 pens....

Loads more happening, just got back from sea last night - two weeks with the ship out of the water being refurbished. Was hard hard work, every muscle aching so have had the morning off today.

Now its time to fire up a horse and head into the garden before it starts raining! :-)

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Excellent Sir. Sounds like a good busy. 

• Like 2

Pullstart

Wow Dan, sounds like big big progress around the place!  With 150 pens, about how many pigs do y’all turn a month or year?  Mentioning a design to keep birds out, I have quite the flock of field birds ravaging my chicken house too.  

Dan.gerous
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

Wow Dan, sounds like big big progress around the place!  With 150 pens, about how many pigs do y’all turn a month or year?  Mentioning a design to keep birds out, I have quite the flock of field birds ravaging my chicken house too.  

Ha, I talk a good story!

We have around 500 breeding sows, and about 1500 piglets at any one time careering about the place - its not large compared to some, but is big enough.

Our problem is the crows, the get into the feed when you put it out for the pigs. I made bins with flaps on them for filling and the pig to get access. The crows cant get in - should see a huge difference once we start production of the rest.

Not sure what you would do with the chicken house - fence it in with chicken mesh?

Pullstart
20 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

Ha, I talk a good story!

We have around 500 breeding sows, and about 1500 piglets at any one time careering about the place - its not large compared to some, but is big enough.

Our problem is the crows, the get into the feed when you put it out for the pigs. I made bins with flaps on them for filling and the pig to get access. The crows cant get in - should see a huge difference once we start production of the rest.

Not sure what you would do with the chicken house - fence it in with chicken mesh?

or sit out in a comfy camp chair and a handful of bird shot and a 20 gauge :ROTF:

• Haha 3

Stormin

Pullstart, you can walk across a field and the crows over here will sit and watch you. Walk across with a gun or anything that looks like one and they'll be off as soon as they see you. Don't call them crafty crows for nowt.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

Mickwhitt

Good to hear from you Dan!  I was wondering how things were going with you. 

Take care of that body, it gets really cranky as you get older, paying you back for all the long shifts and heavy lifting of youth.

Mick 

• Like 1

Dan.gerous
14 hours ago, Stormin said:

Pullstart, you can walk across a field and the crows over here will sit and watch you. Walk across with a gun or anything that looks like one and they'll be off as soon as they see you. Don't call them crafty crows for nowt.

They are not stupid, thats for sure. Hopefully if we can make access to food harder they will go somewhere else for entertainment - the sky is black with them some days.

Dan.gerous
1 hour ago, Mickwhitt said:

Good to hear from you Dan!  I was wondering how things were going with you. 

Take care of that body, it gets really cranky as you get older, paying you back for all the long shifts and heavy lifting of youth.

Mick 

Hey Mick, I totally understand - the two weeks in dry dock was punishing, we were like zombies by the time our reliefs turned up! Luckily I end up doing the more technical jobs, but some of the guys who aren't very "handy" end up on needle guns and grinders everyday.

Back to relaxing on the farm for two weeks now....oh hang on there seems to be a massive jobs list :-(

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, Dan.gerous said:

relaxing on the farm

Now there's some words no sane farmer has ever put together. 😂😂😂

Too bad those crows can't be used for target practice....

• Haha 2

Dan.gerous
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Now there's some words no sane farmer has ever put together. 😂😂😂

Too bad those crows can't be used for target practice....

I'm not a farmer! Just married to one - which I suppose ends up being the same thing.....how did that happen?!

We have a crow trap which is pretty effective, a bit like a fish trap the size of a shed with a conical entrance - can get a lot of crows in it.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, Dan.gerous said:

We have a crow trap which is pretty effective

What's the disposal method ..gas and burial ?

• Like 1

Dan.gerous

Gentle tap on the head and badgers...:eusa-whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1