Wheel Horse 3D

Custom 3d printed badges, ornaments etc.

Wheel Horse 3D

theres even ones that rotate through the RGB spectrum. Be cool to remote some of those with selectable color, or even the auto rotation might be cool.

Wheel Horse 3D

Theres also flickering ones like the led candles in any color...the flickering reds might be cool...give some life to the static ornament

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I'd do either red or white/yellowish. 

Flickering Could be cool. 

• Like 1

roadapples

Not sure these would be a big seller. Another wire to run, probably another hole in the hood, probably only seen at night etc

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D
17 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Not sure these would be a big seller. Another wire to run, probably another hole in the hood, probably only seen at night etc

Yeah, but I at least need to do one for Achto, and one for me! Im pretty sure the method I have planned should be able to be seen during the day, wont be fir wveryone for sure

• Excellent 2

Wheel Horse 3D

I went ahead and ordered.me.some solid and some flickering red, thats my next project once I get the inserts onto the shop.

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Steering wheel inserts added to the shop! Ill need to add pics of the 2.5 inch customized, but theyll be like the white original ones with the ring, and the the center will have a raised logo just like the headlight bezels.

Http://www.etst.com/shop/greystone3d

SmartSelect_20210305-191457_Gallery.jpg

8ntruck
23 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

SmartSelect_20210305-204303_Google.jpg

SmartSelect_20210305-204554_Google.jpg

Nice.  Are the gun barrels in the chin turret of the B17 printed?  I never tried printing anything that fine when I was messing with the 3d printer at work.

I'll vote for red led for the horse's eyes.  Kind of goes along with the Western literature being discussed - 'Ghost Riders in the Sky' vibe. 

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D
9 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Nice.  Are the gun barrels in the chin turret of the B17 printed?  I never tried printing anything that fine when I was messing with the 3d printer at work.

It might be possible to print the turret seperately, theres a bunch of sifferent models out there thats just one o pulled on a whim. The turret of the sherman is printed seperately and swivels, its barrel is about 1.2 mm diameter.

SmartSelect_20210305-163354_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

Wheel Horse 3D

Right now I have .4 mm nozzle on and you can get nozzles down to .1mm. Usually line thickness is about the same as nozzle size.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

8ntruck
9 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

It might be possible to print the turret seperately, theres a bunch of sifferent models out there thats just one o pulled on a whim. The turret of the sherman is printed seperately and swivels

With the proper printing direction, you can print operating multiple piece mechanisms.  I did a few that had .010" running clearance between the parts.

Wheel Horse 3D
4 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

With the proper printing direction, you can print operating multiple piece mechanisms.  I did a few that had .010" running clearance between the parts.

Yes you can! I find that is usually about right(0.25mm), sometimes a little more depending how snug the surfaces need to be.

Just have to rmember resolution isnt the same horizontally and vertically. While the printer can achieve higher resolution vertically after the first layer, your limited by nozzle size horizontally. 

Wheel Horse 3D

Basically the printer can print very fine layers, but detail in each layer is limited by the nozzle diameter.

Wheel Horse 3D

I can stack up a single line width of 0.3mm with the .4 nozzle so thats basically my minimum resolution. Right about .01 inch.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

Wheel Horse 3D
On 2/4/2021 at 3:17 PM, Wheel Horse 3D said:

@WHX24

I never thought of this, but even making your spare car keys look more factory might be nice.

16124697670847270409173880099153.jpg

Heres another one I need to get to! Need to s scrounge around and see if I have one of those keys to test fit!

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
11 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

@Jeff-C175 There we go Jeff! I stll need to double check dimensions just to be sure.

SmartSelect_20210306-105523_Gallery.jpg

Ya know, sometimes i amaze even myself!

SmartSelect_20210306-222205_Gallery.jpg

• Haha 2

Wheel Horse 3D

@Jeff-C175 be careful with the sanding Jeff!'! You'll throw off that .001 tolerance!

• Haha 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Oh hell, this ones .0005 off!

Wish i could do that on a sharp inside radius!

SmartSelect_20210306-223446_Gallery.jpg

Wheel Horse 3D

Wait, Jeff said 1.875!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!:crying-blue:

• Confused 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Printed at tiny scale!

SmartSelect_20210307-004316_Gallery.jpg

• Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D
2 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Wait, Jeff said 1.875!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!:crying-blue:

I guess i wasnt as good as i thought lol.

Still, .005 tolerance achieved!

Jeff-C175
8 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

I guess i wasnt as good as i thought lol.

Still, .005 tolerance achieved!

Trust me, I won't notice oh oh five!

• Haha 1

Wheel Horse 3D

LEDs should be here tomorrow! I'll git to finalizing that model and getting it printed!

• Like 2

roadapples

Just received my headlight lens. Fast shipping and nice work. Really pleased, Thanks...

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D
34 minutes ago, roadapples said:

Just received my headlight lens. Fast shipping and nice work. Really pleased, Thanks...

Thank you sir! Let me know of any needed tweaks, and would love to see it on your tractor when ya get to it! Thanks again for all the input!

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1