Wheel Horse 3D

Custom 3d printed badges, ornaments etc.

Wheel Horse 3D

Need a contact switch inserted in the "anvil" portion so when someone used the knocker a capacitor drains through an LED and the eyes glow! If ya had a spot behind to stow a 9v. OR....wire the contact switch to yer doorbell! Ya go to knock and the doorbell rings lol.

If ya had one of those lit doorbell buttons maybe do both? Just goin' mad scientist here!

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
37 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Need a contact switch inserted in the "anvil" portion so when someone used the knocker a capacitor drains through an LED and the eyes glow! If ya had a spot behind to stow a 9v. OR....wire the contact switch to yer doorbell! Ya go to knock and the doorbell rings lol.

If ya had one of those lit doorbell buttons maybe do both? Just goin' mad scientist here!

it's not that I don't appreciate all your thoughts and everything but if you're gonna go to all that effort why not send the little pulses of electricity someplace much more fun? Like a 119 decibel electric solenoid powered air horn for instance? Or a flip up front step for those pesky sales people? Or even right back into the ring that they are already holding on to?

Insert Vincent Price: moohoohooohahaha

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

This one is 6mm...how thick would ya like?

Maybe 10 mil with a larger drop ball?

Wheel Horse 3D

Diameter of ball?

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Diameter of ball?

Not too monsterous. Maybe 10 or 15% bigger?

ebinmaine

I don't think I have a picture of it right handy but my front door is kind of a statement on the front of the house...

Oversized hand installed granite steps. Specialty trim. The door is bright red on an orange house.  

if a door knocker is going to sit on that door it's going to have to have some beef. 

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D
5 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

if a door knocker is going to sit on that door it's going to have to have some beef. 

Nice! Should we go larger overall? Heres a shot with 10mm ring and 40mm bead(2mm shy of a golf ball)

16167861058017414634450734406873.jpg

Wheel Horse 3D

Center of the ball would be about 4" from the face of the door.

ebinmaine

I like the scale of the horse and the knocker. We may have to go a little bigger on the backing plate .. I'm not sure what I've got for space to use. 

Wheel Horse 3D
8 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I like the scale of the horse and the knocker. We may have to go a little bigger on the backing plate .. I'm not sure what I've got for space to use. 

And maybe add a little somethin on the flat areas of the backplate. Not sure what. 3d stars maybe like the texan stein.

I think we've got good stuff goin here, Check sizing and ponder about more detail to the backplate with Trina:) Gonna be EPIC!

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
30 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I don't think I have a picture of it right handy but my front door is kind of a statement on the front of the house...

Oversized hand installed granite steps. Specialty trim. The door is bright red on an orange house.  

IMG_20210326_153940.jpg

IMG_20210326_153947.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wheel Horse 3D
2 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

IMG_20210326_153940.jpg

IMG_20210326_153947.jpg

LOVE the steps! and those outer doors(where are your loopholes?)

Wheel Horse 3D

OOH and how much space between the inner and outer doors?

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

LOVE the steps! and those outer doors(where are your loopholes?)

Loopholes? I don't need no stinkin loophole....

I just swing the whole darn door open!!

You get commencing to reading around on this site enough and you'll find that it would appear I brag about Trina's talents some. I don't brag. At all. These doors were handmade by her with her mom's help.

By eye.  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

OOH and how much space between the inner and outer doors?

EXCELLENT MEASUREMENT TO BRING UP!

Wheel Horse 3D
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

EXCELLENT MEASUREMENT TO BRING UP!

yup, we might already be too far out! Right now were at 122mm. Just over 4 3/4 total.

Wheel Horse 3D
12 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

yup, we might already be too far out! Right now were at 122mm. Just over 4 3/4 total.

And you have that cross member on the back of the outer door.Got to clear that.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D

Wheel Horse 3D

Somethin like this gets us down to 3.5 in.

16167896308213335499732782877686.jpg

Wheel Horse 3D

16167914123751685952143054437273.jpg

• Excellent 1

Tractorhead

Eric - Buddy Bear, how much knock you need?

A milled and polished granite block as Knocker Base plate with the 3D Printed Horsehead mounted on

and a 20mm Steelball on a Steelring in 6mm into it’s mounth that could be a great combination.

Just as an idea.

That should be knocking loud enough and looks pretty cool.

Wheel Horse 3D

16167920355439085297273244885993.jpg

• Like 1

ebinmaine
47 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Somethin like this gets us down to 3.5 in.

16167896308213335499732782877686.jpg

This one works. 

I have about 4.25 inches between doors. 

I can see the appeal of the stars but prefer the plain background. The stars take a little too much vision off the Horse. 

@Tractorhead It's mostly for show. 

I don't really need a specific noise volume or anything.  

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Stars removed, moved backplate back a little for an overall 4". With 10mm ring and 40mm ball.

16167930469873997704532233275000.jpg

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Switched to iron fittings, added some colors..

16167934748943244041625990559253.jpg

• Like 2

ebinmaine

just measured the place on the door where it's going to go and it's a little narrower than I thought. We're going to have to go back to an oval base plate with a layout of four inch wide by six tall.