Wheel Horse 3D

Custom 3d printed badges, ornaments etc.

Shynon

Been working on 701 dashes

20240112_180548.jpg

20240112_180553.jpg

20240112_180558.jpg

• Excellent 5

Wheel Horse 3D

Bring it on, I'll shoot em with the plastic non- firing bullets, and keep the printers running more!

Pew pew pew!

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wheel Horse 3D
9 minutes ago, Shynon said:

Been working on 701 dashes

20240112_180548.jpg

20240112_180553.jpg

20240112_180558.jpg

That workspace looks way to clean!

• Haha 2

Wheel Horse 3D
27 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

I think the ATF agents are coming around the corner headed for your house.                :hide:

I once did a full scale model of the M2HB.

At the time I did quite a bit of electronics work for the local PD and Sheriff. It wasn't unusual for a cruiser to pull up in my drive and ask me to have a look at somethin. An officer shows up and I invite him in while I grab my tools and whatnot. As I came back he kinda had a puzzled look, glanced to the corner wher I had the replica leaning, and started to say. "Is that a...." He cut himself off and hurried to the door.  Lol of course I ket him in in the joke, but thereafter cruised around town in a 1961 scout OD green with the gun mounted.

Theres pics somewhere if that same gun on a 48 Willys, alas I sold em as a package for a more practical vehicle that was needed at the time.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Heart 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Found it!

SmartSelect_20240112-193855_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Today's Greystone3d Arsenal progress

SmartSelect_20240113-184054_Etsy Seller.jpg

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Hey all..this isn't of the 3d topic, but I just a a chat with Guy, @Roadapples brother. There's still a bunch of stuff left from Jay's collection he really needs to clean out. He'd be willing to do a deal for all at one go. Most of it should still be listed in the classified section so please go have another look and here's a list he sent.

Let's get this stuff where its needed so Guy can move on with a bit more peace that his brother's wishes have ben fulfilled.

1000000305.jpg

• Like 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Back to 3d stuff...

We are preparing to start release of stl files right here on redsquare! This group has grown our 3d business, so now to give back! Admin has created a spot under the Manuals section where 3d models can be uploaded and they will be available for free download and upload by RS supporters!

3d printers are becoming more affordable, and more and more members have print capability, and those projects it's taking forever for me to get lined out, someone else may have more luck.

If you have a file to share you can upload it as well.

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

davem1111
50 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Back to 3d stuff...

We are preparing to start release of stl files right here on redsquare! This group has grown our 3d business, so now to give back! Admin has created a spot under the Manuals section where 3d models can be uploaded and they will be available for free download and upload by RS supporters!

3d printers are becoming more affordable, and more and more members have print capability, and those projects it's taking forever for me to get lined out, someone else may have more luck.

If you have a file to share you can upload it as well.

That. Is. Awesome.  Thank you!   I don't personally have a 3-D printer yet, but my daughter's boyfriend does, and he's printed some stuff for me.  I have a feeling he may be buying a better printer in the near future, and I told him I want first shot at buying his old one from him.  I think I'd have fun with it.  I have a lot of computer experience and some with AutoCad and related software, so I could probably handle modeling (relatively uncomplicated) things myself too.

• Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D
1 minute ago, davem1111 said:

That. Is. Awesome.  Thank you!   I don't personally have a 3-D printer yet, but my daughter's boyfriend does, and he's printed some stuff for me.  I have a feeling he may be buying a better printer in the near future, and I told him I want first shot at buying his old one from him.  I think I'd have fun with it.  I have a lot of computer experience and some with AutoCad and related software, so I could probably handle modeling (relatively uncomplicated) things myself too.

Sure thing! And if you improve something or make a nifty WH related item you can post it to the repository too!

• Like 1

davem1111
3 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Sure thing! And if you improve something or make a nifty WH related item you can post it to the repository too!

Well, on that topic....   he modeled the 300/400/500 headlight bezels, and printed some.  I presented samples to a reseller, and he said he didn't like the layer lines and wouldn't try to sell them. I haven't tried selling any on here, I've just been using them myself and have given a few away.  So since I don't have any hopes of printing and selling those, maybe I'll get the model file and upload it. I don't know much about 3-D model formats though.  What type(s) are acceptable?

Wheel Horse 3D
3 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

Well, on that topic....   he modeled the 300/400/500 headlight bezels, and printed some.  I presented samples to a reseller, and he said he didn't like the layer lines and wouldn't try to sell them. I haven't tried selling any on here, I've just been using them myself and have given a few away.  So since I don't have any hopes of printing and selling those, maybe I'll get the model file and upload it. I don't know much about 3-D model formats though.  What type(s) are acceptable?

I asked admin to set up for stl and obj. Basically standard 3d model file. Someone asked me about those once and I never got a chance to model them.

This repository will open up options for folks. If ya need somethin printed you can find a friend, fellow member, or even contact me and ya can get it printed 

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 1

davem1111
17 minutes ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

I asked admin to set up for stl and obj. Basically standard 3d model file. Someone asked me about those once and I never got a chance to model them.

This repository will open up options for folks. If ya need somethin printed you can find a friend, fellow member, or even contact me and ya can get it printed 

Some towns and communities have "maker shops" also, with things like 3-D printers you can use (maybe not for free...).  Colleges too but you probably have to be a student to use them.

I came back to add this:  I've never been to this place near me, but in addition to a lot of "traditional" woodworking, welding, and electronics tools, they have these:

image.png.059830cf613e90bdb7544405388d224b.png

I need to check this place out! :greetings-clappingyellow:

Edited by davem1111
adding info
  • Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

3d scanner!!!!!

Wheel Horse 3D
6 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

Hey all..this isn't of the 3d topic, but I just a a chat with Guy, @Roadapples brother. There's still a bunch of stuff left from Jay's collection he really needs to clean out. He'd be willing to do a deal for all at one go. Most of it should still be listed in the classified section so please go have another look and here's a list he sent.

Let's get this stuff where its needed so Guy can move on with a bit more peace that his brother's wishes have ben fulfilled.

1000000305.jpg

It appears these have timed off of the classifieds. Guy is checking with Ed Kennell to get everything reposted.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Regular hood ornament and spacer, GT 14 dash, D dash, and GT 14 tunnel cover are now all in the 3d file repository under the manuals section. Will be adding the #7075 lens replacement and steering wheel inserts soon.

Let everyone know if ya get a good clean PETG or ABS print on those dashes!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Uploaded the c series #7075 headlight lens replacement. And the flat Steering wheel inserts

1706408729380880044409170198800.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Uploaded the headlight lens for 78' 79' fiberglass hoods!

SmartSelect_20240127-223023_Etsy Seller.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Uploaded SVG file of the Wheelhorse Logo!

This comes in very handy for all types of digital modeling.

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Did I ever post this lithophane of Dug?

Another nifty thing ya can do with yer 3d printer!

17064134004252972237930539046013.jpg

17064134424127250724293215058692.jpg

Edited by Wheel Horse 3D
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

953 nut
9 hours ago, Wheel Horse 3D said:

lithophane of Dug?

:text-coolphotos:

If you made a few of these in a curved format and built a framework for them you could have a one of a kind stained glass Wheel Horse lamp shade.   :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:

If you made a few of these in a curved format and built a framework for them you could have a one of a kind stained glass Wheel Horse lamp shade.   :handgestures-thumbupright:

You can pretty much do them in all sorts of arcs and shapes. I use an online tool called "itslitho".

Load your photo, adjust all your settings, pick a shape, size and voila! Download the stl.

• Like 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Did make an ivory replacement pane for this tiffany lamp! A little brush of stain and ya cant tell the difference!

SmartSelect_20240128-121000_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

Finally have all 50 cal guns out the door! One printer is now back to running GT 14 tank top!

• Like 1