Tuneup

Found it in a Red Square post: NAPA 701892

Edited by Tuneup

WH08205

NAPA part number 

EC6C30CA-C927-4752-B54E-9A08DCE38332.jpeg

lynnmor
2 hours ago, WH08205 said:

I went thru and tested all grounds then back to the negative terminal on the battery and all give me the audible connection on a meter. 

That meter will give a sound even if the connection is very poor, not a good test.  My thought was that the faulty connection was enough to power the ignition but not good enough to carry the current of the lights and the ignition.  When you get the new switch, tear the old one apart to verify the bad parts inside.

WH08205
15 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

That meter will give a sound even if the connection is very poor, not a good test.  My thought was that the faulty connection was enough to power the ignition but not good enough to carry the current of the lights and the ignition.  When you get the new switch, tear the old one apart to verify the bad parts inside.

Went back and tested voltage from positive on battery to the same grounds.  All reading 12.8, same as positive and negative on battery 

WH08205

Think I found why turning the lights on turned off the motor.  One of the terminals on the headlights is broken off. I disconnected the headlight hardness and light switch turns dash lights on and doesn’t shut mower off. 

• Like 1

lynnmor
1 hour ago, WH08205 said:

Think I found why turning the lights on turned off the motor.  One of the terminals on the headlights is broken off. I disconnected the headlight hardness and light switch turns dash lights on and doesn’t shut mower off. 

If the loose end shorted to ground a fuse should blow.  Disconnecting the headlight load allows enough current to flow thru that bad connection, that has yet to be found, to power the ignition.

peter lena

WH08205, good pick up on that , and your future maintenance plans, agree with adding an additional vent area to your belt guard , at rear engine cylinder , been using PREFORATED STEEL SHEETING FOR A LOT OF TRACTOR ATTATCHMENTS ,  https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk016e90yLfBwsAzBu68jetm7gbshBA%3A1615058554250&ei=etZDYOrFDsKa_Qbx6q_QAg&q=perforated+steel+home+depot&oq=perforated+steel%2C+home&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYADICCAAyBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB46BwgjELADECc6BwgAELADEEM6DQguEMcBEK8BELADEEM6BAgAEEM6BwgAEMkDEENQreUBWO_1AWDLpQJoAXACeACAAZABiAG6BZIBAzYuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXrIAQrAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz  EASY TO CUT WITH TIN SNIPS , HOME DEPOT HAS IT , or related store , buy a 1 ft piece , cut out your bolt in piece , for belt guard , instant engine cooling ,improvement , pete 

WH08205
3 minutes ago, peter lena said:

WH08205, good pick up on that , and your future maintenance plans, agree with adding an additional vent area to your belt guard , at rear engine cylinder , been using PREFORATED STEEL SHEETING FOR A LOT OF TRACTOR ATTATCHMENTS ,  https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk016e90yLfBwsAzBu68jetm7gbshBA%3A1615058554250&ei=etZDYOrFDsKa_Qbx6q_QAg&q=perforated+steel+home+depot&oq=perforated+steel%2C+home&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYADICCAAyBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB46BwgjELADECc6BwgAELADEEM6DQguEMcBEK8BELADEEM6BAgAEEM6BwgAEMkDEENQreUBWO_1AWDLpQJoAXACeACAAZABiAG6BZIBAzYuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXrIAQrAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz  EASY TO CUT WITH TIN SNIPS , HOME DEPOT HAS IT , or related store , buy a 1 ft piece , cut out your bolt in piece , for belt guard , instant engine cooling ,improvement , pete 

Thanks, Pete.  Ended up doing a series of 3/4” holes in a set pattern.  

4B90DD9D-1039-4AC6-B1CC-EBA9C9A76548.jpeg

• Like 1

peter lena

WH08205, that  will work too , keep it cool , pete