pfrederi

Another thought on seasonal oil changes

ebinmaine

Well Paul I appreciate you sharing this because those of us that are fans of pumpkin spice in general can go ahead and try to find some of it for their own usage.

The next thing you know there's going to be Pumpkin Spice Flavored Gear Oil. Pumpkin Spice Flavored Antifreeze. Pumpkin Spice Flavored Grease in a tube. Honestly folks I think it's getting a little ridiculous.

Why does it have to be pumpkin SPICE?

WHY CAN'T IT JUST BE REGULAR PUMPKIN WITH NO SPICE?

Why can't I just enjoy my old fashioned grease, oil, gear lube, antifreeze etc in the regular flavors that we've been accustomed to for years?

Sure, the grease and oil leave kind of a weird tang of an aftertaste.  The old school antifreeze from what I've been told is absolutely delicious.... but we had to get new stuff anyways.... Red, orange, yellow, bluish purple, whatever.

How do I know my Horse is going to like these flavors?

Next thing you know we're going to have peppermint shake flavored oil around St Patrick's day.

That's the editorial from the desk of the Bear for today. Strictly my opinion but I do welcome yours. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

tom2p

Mobil lost me when they started to market / push the 20K oil change intervals - but might pull me back with the pumpkin spice  lol

• Like 2

seven

Does it really smell like pumpkins burning out the exhaust that would be way cool 

oilwell1415
On 11/4/2020 at 10:17 AM, tom2p said:

Mobil lost me when they started to market / push the 20K oil change intervals - but might pull me back with the pumpkin spice  lol

They had to or they were going to lose sales.  If your competitor says their oil will do it, you have to say yours will too.  The fact is that oil is pretty much oil and how long it will go has more to do with the engine it's in than the oil itself, but the average consumer has no idea.

ebinmaine
10 hours ago, seven said:

Does it really smell like pumpkins burning out the exhaust that would be way cool 

:ROTF:

tom2p
13 hours ago, oilwell1415 said:

They had to or they were going to lose sales.  If your competitor says their oil will do it, you have to say yours will too.  The fact is that oil is pretty much oil and how long it will go has more to do with the engine it's in than the oil itself, but the average consumer has no idea.

i consider myself less than average - but regardless no pumpkin no Mobil 1 !    lol

Edited by tom2p
  • Haha 1

tom2p
On 11/5/2020 at 10:13 PM, seven said:

back in the day nothing like aroma of the old Castrol R (castor) two stroke oil !

( although some more recent oils like Maxima Super M with castor oil are close )

Edited by tom2p