Pullstart

Like I need another hobby... Stand Up Jet Ski anyone?

Pullstart

Before I was legal to drive, I had numerous Kawasaki JS550’s and a few JS440’s too.  At one time, I had three at once.  I sold them to help buy my first vehicle and have had the itch ever since to have another.  

I am casually shopping around, waiting for a good deal to pop up, but like any vintage hobby, the prices seem to rise.  

It seems there are less JS boats for sale and quite a few 650SX models.  Any experience?  Like any other boat, I realize they are costly on a regular basis..  but like tractors, they are addictive indeed!

WHX??

No help here Kev ... us fishermen hate them with a passion! 

Course now if we can find you one like this!?!?! :lol:

ad27558e3c131f415835fcbb14795b41.jpg

• Haha 3

AMC RULES

Based on recent events.1613615002_Screenshot_20200813-093225_SamsungInternet.jpg.b7e2ae702066fc61558670736f3f3abf.jpg

You better double up for safety.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

oliver2-44

You could always splurge for a new one. While they weren't being built for many years, Yamaha and kawasaki resumed building them some years ago.

https://www.personalwatercraft.com/specs/kawasaki/1-passenger-stand-up/2020/jet-ski-reg-sx-r/base.html

Your kids would really love you to catch up with the modern craze and buy an E-foil instead of a jet ski.  There is now a sails rep offering demo rides on these on the lake we live by.   My water sport middle son has taken a ride, but there to high for his and my budget.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwj0wfevqJjrAhWQhsAKHXd1DtYYABAWGgJpbQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQeD2euTYhUYUr67QoiM2-Evuf_ihAXPmOV0pMLl-EUjOyIuYuSuqBuHjtNF3onCqW8Volk3qQghg2XAfVRCWfICk&sig=AOD64_3dkjmYBkysJA7jB2gKGtGGpJnKaA&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwj_r-yvqJjrAhXNl60KHdqeD-EQ9aACegQIDRBp&adurl=

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Course now if we can find you one like this!?!?! :lol:

ad27558e3c131f415835fcbb14795b41.jpg

I have more respect for other boaters than most, I won’t stir the fish or spray your boat, unless you’re asking for it on a hot day and you’re out of beer!

1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

Based on recent events.1613615002_Screenshot_20200813-093225_SamsungInternet.jpg.b7e2ae702066fc61558670736f3f3abf.jpg

I have always been a fan of a good life jacket.  I want to make sure that if I knock myself out, someone will have time to find me.  Did I mention that I have successfully ran myself over with a Tigershark Waverunner as a teenager?  3 stitches in my head to prove it!

1 hour ago, oliver2-44 said:

You could always splurge for a new one. While they weren't being built for many years, Yamaha and kawasaki resumed building them some years ago.

https://www.personalwatercraft.com/specs/kawasaki/1-passenger-stand-up/2020/jet-ski-reg-sx-r/base.html

Your kids would really love you to catch up with the modern craze and buy an E-foil instead of a jet ski.  There is now a sails rep offering demo rides on these on the lake we live by.   My water sport middle son has taken a ride, but there to high for his and my budget.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwj0wfevqJjrAhWQhsAKHXd1DtYYABAWGgJpbQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQeD2euTYhUYUr67QoiM2-Evuf_ihAXPmOV0pMLl-EUjOyIuYuSuqBuHjtNF3onCqW8Volk3qQghg2XAfVRCWfICk&sig=AOD64_3dkjmYBkysJA7jB2gKGtGGpJnKaA&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwj_r-yvqJjrAhXNl60KHdqeD-EQ9aACegQIDRBp&adurl=

as much as I feel like I’d love a new hassle free stand up, those dollars can’t be spent right now.  A toy hauler would be higher on the wish list than a brand new 1 person boat...

WHX??
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

A toy hauler would be higher on the wish lis

Now yer making sense! :lol:

• Like 1

squonk
6 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Better yet! images.jpg.1b1c211c7b96bd4fb15b5d61f68785a4.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

wallfish
9 hours ago, WHX24 said:

:text-yeahthat:

They're known as water lice around here.

A big open empty lake and the "look at me" tard has ride circles around the only area where I'm fishing.

• Sad 1

Pullstart

Not this guy!  Respect the lake, respect the people on it!  

• Like 2

squonk

Good thing you can weld. Going to need a full roll cage! :auto-swerve:

Redneckdavis

Ran over yourself with a jetski? That's some stuff jeff foxworthy himself hasn't heard.. 

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
33 minutes ago, Redneckdavis said:

Ran over yourself with a jetski? That's some stuff jeff foxworthy himself hasn't heard.. 

I believe I was 12(?) when I received my boater’s safety card.  Full throttle, hit a wave just right, did a 180 airborne and landed backwards...  flew off and into the water thanks to that thing we call momentum and the boat proceeded to pop me in the head as it splashed to a stop in my path.  Funny story, but truth!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1