Silveradojeff

520H

Silveradojeff

Finally got my first 520h this evening.a lil rougher than I thought but oh well. I know it runs because engine was warm when the guy dropped it off but I couldn’t get it to do anything but make a buzzing noise. Didn’t have a battery in it but hooked up a charger. Only buzzing, what am I doing wrong???

3EE680A5-4CA1-40EB-A55B-6EF71465C747.jpeg

3A6924EC-48E2-4C42-9CC5-C669CBCB16BD.jpeg

• Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

IMO you really need a battery.

• Like 3

Silveradojeff

True. I’ll pick one up in mrng and see what that does. I’m sure it’s something simple

JAinVA

DSCF1528.thumb.JPG.45836cce7732cefd32c7c66eda80ad22.JPG2015_10_29_008.JPG.d56b3c6651466c3feec93dc6d91a1ebb.JPG2015_10_29_002.JPG.424b4ce4c3fd30008176892e9a9f2598.JPGThat looks like something I'D drag home.They all need saving!

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Tractorhead

Nice Machine Jim,

sadly that anybody rapes the Hood that much.

cleat
9 hours ago, Silveradojeff said:

Finally got my first 520h this evening.a lil rougher than I thought but oh well. I know it runs because engine was warm when the guy dropped it off but I couldn’t get it to do anything but make a buzzing noise. Didn’t have a battery in it but hooked up a charger. Only buzzing, what am I doing wrong???

3EE680A5-4CA1-40EB-A55B-6EF71465C747.jpeg

3A6924EC-48E2-4C42-9CC5-C669CBCB16BD.jpeg

Well, get a good battery in it to start then double check all connections including the 9 pin, ignition switch plug, PTO safety switches, neutral safety switch, connections at starter, fuses, connections at the relays in front of battery, engine ground connection.

Lots of connection points on a 520 but if they are clean and tight then you should at least have power to crank it over.

Paint may look a little rough but that is only skin deep. If the machine itself is good then a paint job is all you need.

Most of mine came home looking rough and not running but they look and run like new now.

Actually half the reason I have so many is because I like the challenge of bringing an old machine back to life both mechanically and cosmetically.

Good luck with yours.

• Like 3

Silveradojeff

Thanks for the info. Update: put a battery in this morning and it fired right up and no smoke while running. I’m trying to determine the size of deck. Model number on deck is almost worn off. The best I can tell the numbers are 15498002  can anyone tell me what size deck this is? Thanks

WVHillbilly520H
19 minutes ago, Silveradojeff said:

I’m trying to determine the size of deck. Model number on deck is almost worn off. The best I can tell the numbers are 15498002  can anyone tell me what size deck this is? Thanks

It's a 48" side discharge (from the picture) gage wheels adjusting handle on left side only 2 other decks fit/work big 60" or 42" Rear discharge.

• Like 2