Oldcpecdr

Reverse Lessons

troutbum70

That's very good , but the boy needs a pair of west coast mirrors on that tractor. I know I have often thought of implementing some mirrors for my tractors.

• Like 1

JAinVA

Typical short tongue cart.Hard to back up even if you have some grey hair.He did well and the hearing protection is something good to see.Thanks for the video! Luck JAinVA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Nice work!!!

Pretty country up there.

Dan.gerous
7 hours ago, Oldcpecdr said:

You Mainers will like this..... My daughter and son in law have a 60 acre farm in Richmond Maine with the requisite old famhouse and

huge barn and many outbuildings.

You Mainers will also like The Ingersoll Tractor (made in Maine) they just added to their  fleet...... so watch my SIX year old Grandson learn to back up the Ingersoll with a TRAILER...  priceless.......

Henry Reversing.mov 8.45 MB · 13 downloads

We did the same, all my daughter's can back the big tractors and trailers, and some of the spots have very little clearance down the sides.

The girls often use the front end loaders, fill the muck trailer then take it away to the dump site - such a proud Dad 😁

• Heart 3

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, JAinVA said:

short (**trailer**). .Hard to back up even if you have some grey hair

My father learned to drive a tractor trailer back in the mid-to-late 60s on a B model Mack.

No power steering. 22 INCH diameter steering wheel with like eight or ten turns lock-to-lock.

The guy that taught him how to drive said to pick a line, follow the line, trust your mirrors.

He drove tractor trailer for over 30 years after that. Off and on between some other jobs. Almost all local delivery. City driving in Eastern Massachusetts. In and out of Revere at the oil tanks more times than you could count. Put on some over a million miles. Never caused an accident.

So they start to get towards retirement and bought a 7 x 9 pop-up trailer. You think he could make that thing go backwards anywhere near a straight line??

He found it so amusing that he could make a tractor-trailer go within an inch or two of where he wanted it ... EVERY. Single. Time.  I went over to visit one day and he made me get in the driver's seat of the Buick LeSabre tow vehicle and said Back that thing up. Giggling at me the whole time.

@JCM check out the video above

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

PeacemakerJack

What a great video!  That little guy is handling that Big Wheel Ingy with ease.  I’m impressed with his ability to recognize the problem of the “jack knifed” trailer and then correct his approach angle before bending the trailer tongue or denting the tractor.  Thanks for sharing the video and the story...

• Like 2

953 nut
9 hours ago, Oldcpecdr said:

watch my SIX year old Grandson learn to back up the Ingersoll with a TRAILER.

He done goooood!         Hands clapping applause and thumb up gesture Vector Image

• Like 2