bottjernat1

Changing the oil in the d 160!

bottjernat1

I cant believe folks don't know how to change oil! I changed the oil in the 1976 D-160 in the transmission and the Onan bf ms 2929 motor. She runs and drives a bit better! I used my wix filters and SAE 30 in the motor and 10w30 in the transmission. That is what the book calls for and that is what i used. Im pretty sure this is the original filter! Eww!

IMG_20200607_144736470_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200607_153702526.jpg

IMG_20200607_162049198.jpg

• Excellent 1

bottjernat1

Here is where the rear plug is for those who dont know! 

• Thanks 1

bottjernat1

I also wanted to ask. I put 4 quarts of 10w30 in the old transmission. I even drove it around it shows as full! Is this ok? 

pfrederi

5 qts is only if the system has been opened and completely drained lift cylinders and all.  You are OK

• Like 1

bottjernat1
34 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

5 qts is only if the system has been opened and completely drained lift cylinders and all.  You are OK

Thanks a million I was kinda thinking the same thing!! Awesome I feel better. LOL I have to tinker on the lift cylinder she still doesn't move! even after i changed the fluid. no leaks either

pfrederi

If it runs and drives OK but no lift then there is a mechanical jam up...or the implement relief valve spring/cone valve failed

• Like 1

bottjernat1
2 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

If it runs and drives OK but no lift then there is a mechanical jam up...or the implement relief valve spring/cone valve failed

2 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

implement relief valve spring/cone valve failed

What is this? and where is it located? I am going to either today or tomorrow unhook the cylinder to see what is going on. I here the pump trying to but nothing is happening. When I try the motor even boggs down

pfrederi

If the motor bogs down you probably have a mechanical jam up...The implement relief valve is in the pump head and is a major project to access.  exhaust all other potential issues first.  Unhook the cylinder from the lift linkage...

• Like 1

bottjernat1
1 minute ago, pfrederi said:

If the motor bogs down you probably have a mechanical jam up...The implement relief valve is in the pump head and is a major project to access.  exhaust all other potential issues first.  Unhook the cylinder from the lift linkage...

Good to know I will do that first then go from there! Thanks for the advice!

bottjernat1

Ok wanted to update the lift cylinder moves! I did what you said and unhooked it to see if it was jammed. It was operator error. LOL! I didnt push the lever down far enough. i felt like an idiot. it moves fast in and out. like it should now to use some bronze wool and clean up the cylinder. Here is my youtube video i did. Now i need a front plow!!