WH-fanNOW

Wheel Horse C-160 with many attachments, WORTH

WH-fanNOW

Hi, I have a Wheel Horse C-160 tractor that has a 16 h.p. Kohler engine that was rebuilt 4 years ago and used very little sense.  Along with the tractor, I have the following attachments: 42" side discharge mower deck, 34" lawn aerator, I believe you would call it a 36" ? garden disc, a one bottom plow, a single stage snowblower, a (7-1252) rototiller  and a  garden harrow.  My dad purchased all this equipment new and kept very good care of it, he loved his Wheel Horse.  Can anyone give me an idea of its cash worth and is there anyone on this forum that would be interested?

My dad had three different WH tractors and I am keeping the oldest, a 10 HP model.  After my dad passed away I had some of the attachments updated by having the surface rust removed and repainted with a rust inhibitor paint.  I would keep everything here but my neighbor has a compact tractor and he does the rototilling for my garden.  Tractor starts and runs great.  I forgot to add a picture of the snowblower, it has recent new bearings and this is one attachment that has been used and it works great.  Tractor has only been used for bigger snowfalls since rebuilt, No lawn mowing or garden work.

DSCF7770.JPG

DSCF7768.JPG

DSCF7762.JPG

DSCF7757.JPG

DSCF7763.JPG

DSCF7761.JPG

Edited by john neutgens
Added pictures
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

c-series don

Pictures will go a long way here to help determine the value of these items. 

rjg854

:WRS:. Location,  condition all affect selling price, and of course what is a good deal for you and your buyer. There's some middle ground there.  As Don has posted, pictures of the tractor and the attachments will go along way.

Don’t you want to keep it?   No need for it?  After all it was your dad's.  So this is a one owner tractor,   sweet. 

• Heart 1

Razorback

Looking forward to seeing this......

WH-fanNOW

I uploaded pictures, any selling ideas would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance

stevasaurus

OK...I'll take a lash at it.  Know this...the price is what someone is willing to give over what the seller is willing to take.  That is the best knowledge.  This also depends on what the stuff looks like in person...vice photos.  OK then.

1.  C-160...by itself...$500 -$800

2.  Rear wheel weights...$100- $150

3.  Deck  $75- $150

4.  Disc...$50-$125

5.  Ariator...$75- $125

6.  Harrow...really not sure...$100-125 depending on shape

7.  Mold board plow...$100- $150

8.  Tiller...$300- $375 all day...maybe more

You may not get that much, being in Minnesota.  You would get more in Oklahoma and Texas.  Wisconsin guys might like to see what you have in person.

:occasion-xmas:

• Like 2

dcrage

Steve forgot to price your snowblower (no picture?). I would guess it would be about the same as the tiller. By the way there are important, pricy pieces that go with the rototiller (pulleys and rear axle bracket) and for the snow blower (flag and tube) needed to lift. 

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Sno-blowers in good shape go for about $350 on average///or less.  Thanks  dcrage.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

You need to understand...the prices I gave are what I would pay if I wanted any of it.  Some might give a little more...some a little less, but I think it is pretty much ball park if you want to sell.  Those prices are fair...I think.

• Like 2

dcrage

And FWIW a lot of people on this forum would say that model of WH is the at the pinnacle of WH design and utility. 

• Like 2

DarrellF

Ok what ya take for it I'm Interested but I'll have to have it shipped to Pa.😀

• Like 1

WH-fanNOW

I guess I will advertise it for $2200 for everything including the snowblower which works great and is in good condition.   I can take a picture of the snowblower too, if interested.   I do have the tiller mounting parts and the steel rod and flag for the snowblower.  Thank everyone for there responses.  I plan on keeping my dad's other 14 hp Wheel Horse so I plan on keeping on with this forum.  Thanks again.

DSCF7710.JPG

DSCF7712.JPG

DSCF7776.JPG

Edited by WH-fanNOW
added pictures of snowblower and owners manuals for tractor, mower, snowblower, tiller and plow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

squonk

I believe the disc and narrow are David Bradley items

• Like 1

mark in ny

Too bad your not in ny that's 3k all day here

• Like 1

953 nut
11 hours ago, WH-fanNOW said:

I feel so good about the sale and the person who bought it.  His history of having a Dad who loved his Wheel Horse was a mirror of my Dad and his three tractors.

:WRS:

Always love to hear of a happy ending.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stevasaurus

Thank you for sharing that with us.  :occasion-xmas:  I wonder if your buyer is a member here.??

Wheelhorse2020

WH-fanNOW, thank you!  As I sit in my garage admiring my purchase, I decided to do a little research and stumbled across this site, and more importantly this post!  So, I signed up so I could say thank you again!  I am so happy with everything, and it really brings me back to when we had a horse growing up.  Now I finally have a little money to buy one of my own!  This site seems to be a wealth of knowledge, and I really look forward to being a part of it with newly acquired C-160!  I'll have the tiller on this weekend tilling!  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Razorback

Welcome! And congratulations on your purchase. Very nice setup! (I have a C-160, too! In great shape with lots of attachments!)

• Thanks 1

rjg854

:WRS:  I think you find out just how capable that tractor and attachments are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1