Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Upped my ride distance!

I was up to 4 mile when I left Delaware on Monday.      My kinda peddling.    Only three foot elevation change in that 4 mile.

BTW Mike....Luv the WV tee.         :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Only three foot elevation change in that 4 mile.

WOW. 

Can't get outta the dooryahd here!!

• Haha 1

Sparky
6 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

BTW Mike....Luv the WV tee.         :handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks! Daughter went to West Virginia University. 
  Now Morgantown WV is somewhere I would never ride a pedal bike! I think it’s the most hilly town I have ever been in :lol:

• Haha 1

Ed Kennell
4 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Daughter went to West Virginia University. 

I began my post HS studies in 1962 at a local WVU campus in Keyser WVa.      Four other universities, 60 years later and I'm still learning.

My youngest son went to Morgantown.

16 minutes ago, Sparky said:

the most hilly town I have ever been in

All us Hillbillys have one short leg from walking around the steep hills.

• Haha 6

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat: I thought youse guys walked both directions on the hills to keep your legs evened out.

• Haha 4

SylvanLakeWH
15 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

All us Hillbillys have one short leg from walking around the steep hills.

1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

:text-yeahthat: I thought youse guys walked both directions on the hills to keep your legs evened out.

Or... he's really a 

Sidehill gouger  

image.jpeg.2b826df81d528e3baa770b0a763b4d7c.jpeg

or a Dahu...

image.jpeg.b4d99ef564d1da49e14dd0c2a1d7b129.jpeg

Legs on one side shorter than the other...

On the interwebs so must be true... 

• Haha 3

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

I thought youse guys walked both directions on the hills to keep your legs evened out.

The OSL syndrome is hereditary.     So left leg OSL Billys walk CCW and right legers walk CW around the hills.     

• Haha 3

Ed Kennell

Prepped the 42RD for winter storage.    The 312 will now be my daily ride to my deer stand.

104_2468.JPG.ccd068fb21d9f36bed89c16da5cc4ac7.JPG104_2469.JPG.e88ebb8aa7f5febdaafcee06870173c5.JPG

• Like 1

c-series don

Today me and Lucy moved some pretty big trees! 

IMG_8487.jpeg

IMG_8489.jpeg

IMG_8490.jpeg

IMG_8492.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Today me and Lucy moved some pretty big trees! 

IMG_8487.jpeg

IMG_8489.jpeg

IMG_8490.jpeg

IMG_8492.jpeg

Nice of you to hang out on the ground whilst the poor doggie does all the driving!! 

• Haha 5

lynnmor

Wasted some time and gas today but I learned something.  Went on a 77 mile round trip to buy some paneling and the place was closed.  So I stopped at an antique shop and found it closed.  Lastly I went to an Amish food market/deli for lunch and found the deli closed.  So I asked what was going on and the non-Amish girl said it was an Amish holiday that they call a day of prayer and fasting.  Anyway, the mules were observed eating grass so at least they got a break.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Ed Kennell
12 hours ago, lynnmor said:

Amish holiday

St Michaels Day.  A day of fasting and prayer in preparation for the upcoming Communion. 

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

The BBT and I re started training in the new dojo. 

We've done some short time training and other cardio workouts there but this was the first time we've done a decent martial arts workout.  

After that we did use the machines for just a bit as well.  

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

davem1111
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

The BBT and I re started training in the new dojo. 

We've done some short time training and other cardio workouts there but this was the first time we've done a decent martial arts workout.  

After that we did use the machines for just a bit as well.  

Jealous here :crying-green:. Just kidding.... mostly. B) Not so much wishing I had my own dojo, because I don't have anyone to train/spar with here. But thinking I need to get back to going to Taekwondo like I used to... :eusa-think:

• Like 1

formariz

I woke up several hours earlier than usual so I could be early at hospital to be slightly tortured with multiple injections so they could finally dig into my bone marrow. This of course preceded by signing multiple documents rivaling a mortgage application. And of course such as in granting of a mortgage paying for one’s decisions afterwards and worrying about the results. A good day altogether .:D

• Heart 3

19richie66
6 hours ago, formariz said:

I woke up several hours earlier than usual so I could be early at hospital to be slightly tortured with multiple injections so they could finally dig into my bone marrow. This of course preceded by signing multiple documents rivaling a mortgage application. And of course such as in granting of a mortgage paying for one’s decisions afterwards and worrying about the results. A good day altogether .:D

Hopefully all is well! My mother n law had a bone marrow punch last month. Nothing I’d want to do. Best wishes brother!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, davem1111 said:

Jealous here :crying-green:. Just kidding.... mostly. B) Not so much wishing I had my own dojo, because I don't have anyone to train/spar with here. But thinking I need to get back to going to Taekwondo like I used to... :eusa-think:

BBT has been known to do remote training.... 

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead
On 10/12/2023 at 4:52 PM, Ed Kennell said:

St Michaels Day.  A day of fasting and prayer in preparation for the upcoming Communion. 

Thanks for that info

wallfish
4 hours ago, Sparky said:

Last ride for the motorcycle season (not putting away the bicycle just yet). Did 110 miles with my dad. Stopped at a cool damn for a couple pics and grabbed lunch at a diner. Great day! 
  That last pic of the little note and the Boy Scout compass on his bikes “ dash” are my dads GPS :lol:

That's great you guys spend the time together! Gotta get it while you can.

The GPS thing is pretty funny. Stuff like that makes dad a dad !!!! But could you imagine what would happen if GPS went down tomorrow? He'd still find his way.

I spend as much time with my father as possible now a days plus talking on the phone. We didn't have much of a relationship for about 30 years but it was never from any animosity, anger or stuff like that. We reconnected back together about 2010 when I asked him to meet at the big WH show. Little red tractors gave us something to talk about and now something in common. I created a monster and he loves it. All the tinkering and engine work keeps him busy 'cause he loves wrenching on stuff. WH tractors basically gave us a relationship!

My step father Vince (raised me from age 8 ) passed away and I'd give ANYTHING just to talk with him and hang out for a single day! Although I can still get just a little part of him from my step brother, from his previous marriage. Looks like him, acts like him, same mannerisms as him and the dry humor too.

Even my biological father Paul has so much respect for Vince because of the man he was. Not a typical situation but that's how it worked.

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 7

Ed Kennell
16 hours ago, Sparky said:

Last ride for the motorcycle season

11 hours ago, wallfish said:

Not a typical situation but that's how it worked.

Two lucky Sons and Fathers.      Thanks for sharing your day and story.:romance-grouphug:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto

Busy day in the shop today.

New lower ball joints & hub assembly's on my Dakota -(planned)

Oil change on the ol' lady's Jeep - (planned)

New exhaust system on my BIL's Cobalt - ( Not Planned ) :wacko:

Good day non the less.

• Like 6

8ntruck

Been looking for a 5/8-11 tap here in our Mo. location today.  Ace, 2 national big box chain stores, one regional big box store, HF, O'Riley's, and a chain farm store do not have any.  Ace had a 5/8 fine thread tap, just about everybody else stopped at 1/2" taps.

Fastenall probably has one, but not open on Saturday.  Last time I was there, they were not thrilled to make an over the counter cash sale.  Seems like they want customers with accounts instead of walk ins.

Man, I miss the 3 traditional family owned hardware stores within 5 miles of our Mi. location.  Probably 2 of them would have that tap in stock.

• Sad 4

wallfish
45 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Man, I miss the 3 traditional family owned hardware stores within 5 miles of our Mi. location.  Probably 2 of them would have that tap in stock.

Yeah, online sales delivered to your door is definitely the new thing now. It's just too easy and plenty of impulse buying too. Shuts down the small business guys as they can provide exceptional service but not at the discounted costs. You could've saved 2 hours of driving around and clogging up the streets to make room for ALL of those delivery trucks. LOL  My daughter, SIL and grand kids order stuff all the time and some days there are 4-5 different deliveries. So much for carbon footprints, greenhouse gasses, pollution and climate change! All of which they complain about. There's always pros and cons to everything. 

• Like 4

wallfish
2 hours ago, Achto said:

Busy day in the shop today.

New lower ball joints & hub assembly's on my Dakota -(planned)

Oil change on the ol' lady's Jeep - (planned)

New exhaust system on my BIL's Cobalt - ( Not Planned ) :wacko:

Good day non the less.

Good day non the less.  Love it Dan!

Some people would just see that as only being "hard work", like it's a bad thing and you were on a chain gang. The satisfaction of being able to fix stuff and accomplish things does have it's rewards.

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 2