Thanks! Just trying to stay in some sorta shape :lol:

• Heart 1

ebinmaine
53 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Thanks! Just trying to stay in some sorta shape :lol:

Remember... round.. is a shape. 

:laughing-rolling:

I'm kidding. I'm kidding.  

I'm doing fairly well getting some energy back.  

Next hike is the 20th.  

• Haha 2

8ntruck

Yesterday, the washing machine decides to stop mid cycle, not pump the water out, and leave the door locked - with the clothes still inside.  It is a front loader.  Cleaning the drain hose and discovering and cleaning a very dirty strainer ahead of the drain pump was no help.

Today I  hot wired the pump to verify it was good, then learned how to use the built in diagnostices in the washer to lead me to an error code and check list that points to the appliance control unit as the probable cause.  $200 dollar part with no way other than the error code to say it is bad.  That is cheaper than a new washer, so I guess I'll have to bite.

I did get some bricks laid on the front porch railing.  Starting to get a rhythm going for that, so I'm getting quicker. 

Discovered that laying bricks is theripudic.  Was kind of up tight and frustrated over the washer when I started with the bricks. As I was cleaning the masonry tools up, I realized I was more relaxed and a plan had formed for the washer while I was laying bricks.

• Like 5

ebinmaine

@8ntruck 

Interesting how some folks dread a particular task or occurrence that others really enjoy.  

I can't even begin to tell you how many people have told me they believe 12V wiring is some sort of dark magic that no one can understand. 

I on the other hand find building a tractor wiring harness relaxing and enjoyable.  

On that washing machine, Trina's done professional cleaning/ sanitizing/ environmental services for the hospital as well as residential in the past. 

You couldn't give her a modern front loader. 

A few years ago she bought us a new washing machine after the one I already had broke down for the last time. 

Her replacement was an inexpensive top loader with no frills chills or extra options. 

My parents have been having repeated issues with their own fancy pants modern computerized washer and dryer since they were new, and replaced, and again.... 

• Like 3

Tractorhead

Not all computerizing is sensefully or even helpfully.

The more White Ware will be computerized, the more it becomes just Trash.
planned obsolencence is one of the issues therfore.
Here in our Holiday Home there is a Brand new Coffeemaker, what now strikes 2 times half Can of Coffe and than shutdown.
just appears few Beeping Codes... 
don‘t ask me what they should Tells me.

even ask me, why a simple Coffeemaker needs urgently a processor. Waste of ressources.
a simple On Off knob and a thermoswitch did it years ago.

Now we brew the Coffee as in the past simply by Hand and each Can is getting Full.

Some kind of computerizing is completely sensless in my Opinion.

Especially if diagnosis systems just tells you - i‘m dead....

but hey - dang 

i missing my Trailer...

Found a nice Souvenir aside...

B2F6BD27-C8FF-4A0E-913C-84B7E097A8B5.jpeg.af0ff919267cedb8f51b8e74b90ff025.jpeg

DE2E0D33-AC3B-48DE-B636-16E0E9C256F4.jpeg.1160a4995990f02773f8173a09883766.jpeg

059EA961-B19D-4503-B8AC-D7B317F5498D.jpeg.7809101921e229aab452b93a81f6fe02.jpeg

The Owner told me it was a Thingi from his Brother but he ain‘t need it anymore.

No Computers at all - let‘s see if i can have a Deal...

• Excellent 3

Tractorhead
23 hours ago, Pullstart said:

So happy to be finished with the roof!   

7CD3837B-7BD0-44BB-8112-E4B31C55A8E7.jpeg.6b3a496973a1203994e3504c889b24ce.jpeg

Looks great Buddy - great Work 👍

23 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Now, I’m cleaning my shop so I can get to much needed projects!  Last night, this was merely a path through trash and clutter.  It’s still not great, but I’m on a mission (again).

9BF0710C-C6B1-474A-B360-C4D77600C103.jpeg.55b4c2b2c2c70462d874435021dea276.jpeg

Are you shure, you will find now all things needed again???

😎😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Now we brew the Coffee as in the past simply by Hand and each Can is getting Full.

Cowboy 🤠 coffee !!!

17 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Some kind of computerizing is completely sensless in my Opinion.

Especially if diagnosis systems just tells you - i‘m dead....

:ROTF:

I'm dead. 

Yeah thanks. I couldn't figure out what was happening.  

• Haha 3

Pullstart

Pretty windy and 46 degrees outside this morning.  Perfect day to try out the jet ski in the lake!  It rained all day and night too, so the water was brrrrrr.  Mike, the owner, says his jet skis have always been allergic to water.  We got it running well in the driveway, but wouldn’t fire in the water. Lots of in and out today and my suit never even got wet.  I ended up bringing it, and his other old ski home to wrench on for the winter.

We got the majority of the mice out of the white one before loading it too!

116CF997-6A4B-4D5D-B1B2-A943B965ABC0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Handy Don
28 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

his jet skis have always been allergic to water

Suboptimal, to say the least!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

Suboptimal, to say the least!

True, true.  Especially when this is stock a 41 hp machine, and the new engine is 70. Zoom,zoom!

• Like 2

Jayoutdoors

We bought a 2010 keystone with a damaged roof.  I have been rebuilding it slowly this was all a couple of weekends ago (video showing progress).  Last weekend was a new deck and power washing our house. This weekend is indoor work with the weather beinig cool and breezy...  The old B-60 helped out hauling debris trailer in and out of the backyard.  it still amazes my neighbors that I can give it half choke and no throttle and it will fire right up! lol

20231003_202054.jpg

20231003_205912.jpg

20231004_195227.jpg

Edited by Jayoutdoors
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2

8ntruck

Stopped by the big box store to pick up a couple of masonry odds and ends for the brick railing project. 

While I was there, I wandered through the appliance department.  Low and behold, there were washing machines on sale! 

The sale price was low enough that the ratio between the expense of the part that MIGHT fix the machine to the expense of a new machine makes the new machine preferable.  It will be delivered Monday. 

I'll set the broken machine aside and try to find a used or rebuilt part to make the repair.  Once repaired, this will become the backup machine for our Michigan location.  The washer there is a 30 year old machine that uses cams and switches to make the machine cycle.  It will probably die sometime in the next 10 years.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

The washer there is a 30 year old machine. 

It will not likely die sometime in the next 10000 years.

I adjusted the odds there for ya Bill. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine

And we have lights!!!

IMG_20231007_153445.jpg

IMG_20231007_153450.jpg

IMG_20231007_153456.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat: Nice.  LED lights?

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

:text-yeahthat: Nice.  LED lights?

Yessir 

sjoemie himself

Girlfriend had a girls night out so I got to play horse keeper for the day. Got up early and shoveled some horse cr#p. Cleaned the stables and let the beasties out in the paddock, enjoyed the weather and the quietness (is that even a word?) Let's say I've had worse mornings, life's good. 

IMG-20231008-WA0000.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

Tractorhead
On 10/8/2023 at 2:47 AM, 8ntruck said:

The washer there is a 30 year old machine that uses cams and switches to make the machine cycle.  It will probably die sometime in the next 10 years.

Or it will survive the next few decades without any issue, because of no electric gimmicks.. 😎

• Like 2

8ntruck

The new washer got delivered today.  About ready to put load #3 in it.  It seems to be a little faster than the old machine, and is noticeably quieter.

For grins and giggles the breaker that runs the furnace gave up the ghost last night.  Made a quick run to the big box store and picked up a new breaker.  Working from memory on what I needed.  Pulled the bad breaker out and discovered it is a GE product.  I had bought a Square D breaker :angry-banghead:

To get us through the night, I moved a breaker from a low priority circuit to get the furnace going again.  Back to the big box store after walking the dog to swap the wrong breaker for the right one.

The bad breaker had heat damage to one side of the case.  Gonna open it up for a post mortem.  I probably ought to put an amp meter on that circuit to see what kind of amperage is being drawn.

Got some more bricks laid on the front porch railing.  The railings are topped with limestone blocks.  Did some measuring today on those blocks of stone.  Looks like I didn't get the corner columns in quite the same place.  Going to have to shorten the railing caps about 1 1/2".  Thank goodness for the modern industrial diamond saw blades. 

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 3

ebinmaine
41 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

probably ought to put an amp meter on that

Definitely... 

cleat

Wife still has windows open at our place.

She likes the house around 16 degrees C

I try not to turn the furnace on until at least November.

I should try it to make sure it will run though I guess when it gets cold out (shop too).

• Like 2

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, cleat said:

Wife still has windows open at our place.

She likes the house around 16 degrees C

I try not to turn the furnace on until at least November.

Here we both like the sleeping temp to be 55⁰ to 60⁰. 

Rest of the house varies on the day and season.  

We don't have a furnace to fire up or maintain as we have carefully chosen electric heaters. 

Trina's a self acknowledged cheapskate and won't turn that dial unless it's ridiculously cold inside and she doesn't have time to start the wood stove.  

She's already had the new to us 140 year old parlor stove fired up quite a few occasions this year.  

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

I’m not sure if anyone will remember this install.  My first ever self designed and installed boiler zone control for hot water and whole home in-floor heat for my inlaw’s barndominium they built after their 2019 fire.  The indirect (coil/electric backup) water heater sat full so long with no usage that the water went way stagnant.  They have tolerated RANK water for very long.  Today I’m replacing the anodes while I’m in there, and giving it an all day bleach soak.  The boiler had a 30 psi PRV and due to the level change from their upstairs utility room to their main floor heat loops, it requires about 27.5 psi to satisfy safety switches to fire up, pushing a little glycol out almost every time.  I replaced and bumped the PRV up to 50 psi and refilled that system.  Notice the one short and one long anode.  I was able to fit two full length ones back in!  I also popped a couple holes in their ceiling by request, to allow a doe servicing.  They’ll stick some plastic cap plugs in the holes.

58FC8F14-A7DD-4690-B951-0604A23B6E59.jpeg

8CADB8FE-FBB6-4B8E-A6E9-91B9FE9DF3B2.jpeg

C987D340-E9AB-4C72-A2A6-0860FD70D77C.jpeg

EB94C694-7CB1-431C-A1D2-3BE71EEFC6B5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

Yesterday, I ran to my brother inlaw’s place to help him figure out why his wood boiler wasn’t working.  It’s a new to them home and he followed all the previous owners’ directions.

• Like 1

Sparky

Upped my ride distance! Pedaled 14 miles today with my brother Steve. 
  We actually did it in less time, I just forgot to pause my “Map My Ride” app when we stopped. 

IMG_0287.jpeg

IMG_0288.png

• Excellent 1