Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Mickwhitt

Spent the morning cutting grass at a local coal mining heritage site in Barnsley. Its one of if not the only set of headgear for a former colliery in the whole of South Yorkshire.  A shame when our entire way of life was built on coal. Imagine you Texas guys if your govt not only closed down oil production overnight but also wiped out the communities and all trace of oil from your state. Pretty much an act of industrial genocide.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Tractorhead

Thanks for your Kind Words Fella‘s Kati gets much better today.

As a result for the extreme quick Emergency Chain she have a good chance to recover to 100%.

One of her Heartmuscles is still a little upset, but it appears actually it come 100% back to live.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 3

Ed Kennell
18 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

good chance to recover to 100%.

Great news...thanks for the update.

Ed Kennell

Finally finished the wood/tractor shed project.    I removed the old dog pen that was covered with misc. peices of metal roofing. 

I used this metal to cover the rotting T-111 siding on the 32 yo shed.   

Then added the new 12x14 shed extension.

102_3136.JPG.df4be6ca9cad5530ef77c76147a81109.JPG102_3137.JPG.a07b029e3ba6946229e9225f77cccd0c.JPG102_3138.JPG.96e586a5192a1757ba10faa6ce48a645.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

lynnmor
42 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Finally finished the wood/tractor shed project.    I removed the old dog pen that was covered with misc. peices of metal roofing. 

I used this metal to cover the rotting T-111 siding on the 32 yo shed.   

Then added the new 12x14 shed extension.

102_3137.JPG.a07b029e3ba6946229e9225f77cccd0c.JPG

Ed, I have a similar wood shed with the metal roofing at a low pitch like yours.  The rain water follows the metal back the underside and is starting to cause rot, so I need to come up with flashing that extends well back under.  Since the roof is steel aluminum might react so vinyl might be best.  The other issue is that the low pitch will accumulate tree debris, so a yearly cleaning is required.

Mickwhitt

Air con refilled on the new car, that's all that was wrong with it. Cost £60 to have it done.

New wipers front and rear and I repaired the remote locking key by soldering two new micro switches in. 

Its a great car and I'm so happy with it as a runabout. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Stormin

Getting things ready at the farm for starting silaging next week. Spent the morning doing an oil and filter change on one of the tractors. In the afternoon checking over the forager and adjusting any chains that needed doing.

My farmer friends two sons, grandson and his mate were fitting the silage sides to one of the trailers. That's one job I don't have to get involved in now. :D

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
4 hours ago, lynnmor said:

The rain water follows the metal back the underside and is starting to cause rot,

Could you just install  seal strip?

3/4" Tall Inner Closure Strip Foam for Metal Roofing *With Glue* 100 Strips/box

Wheel Horse 3D
On 6/14/2021 at 2:22 PM, Mickwhitt said:

Spent the morning cutting grass at a local coal mining heritage site in Barnsley. Its one of if not the only set of headgear for a former colliery in the whole of South Yorkshire.  A shame when our entire way of life was built on coal. Imagine you Texas guys if your govt not only closed down oil production overnight but also wiped out the communities and all trace of oil from your state. Pretty much an act of industrial genocide.

Live in West Virginia coal country..not quite that bad but durn close!

• Thanks 1

lynnmor
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Could you just install  seal strip?

That just might work, you may have saved me some shopping and work.  Thanks.

• Like 2

Handy Don
3 hours ago, lynnmor said:

That just might work, you may have saved me some shopping and work.  Thanks.

Construction glue to the underside of the roof edge at least an inch from the wood beam. You can cut the seal in half or thirds lengthwise--you don't need the full width, just enough to create a drip edge.

Edited by Handy Don

OldWorkHorse

Opened up my new mini portable radio... the coupon expired in 1995... I just got off the shelf last year haha. Works mint for being almost as old as I am. Lol

20210617_115906.jpg

• Like 2

Stormin

Finished painting some boards ready to fit to Carol's studio next week. Trimmed the hedges. Mowed the lawn.  Had an ice cream. :icecream:Mowed the green and verges. Had an ice cream. :icecream:Cleaned off the C-125 and mower deck. Took a walk down the bridleway. Had an ice cream. :icecream:Just waiting for dinner. :coffee:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Wheel Horse 3D

Got the camp setup pretty well worked out. Sleeping quarters, shower/changing room, hammock zone, and a nice dry/shaded area for hanging out, cooking, etc. Finally done about dark.

Too bad the water pump isnt portable!

20210617_192021.jpg

20210617_212215.jpg

• Like 5

8ntruck

Trip to the dermitoligist today.  The biopsy from my last visit recommended that the doc do a little more carving on two former moles.  No big deal, just preventative action.

Also got the new sewage pump installed and tested.  All seems good there.  The old pump was disconnected from the outlet pipe and did not have any feet to keep it off of the bottom of the holding tank.  That would explain its poor performance.

Tomorrow's job will be to re set the toilet.  Got one of those non wax seals to try.

Yup, retirement is really exciting and entertaining.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Wheel Horse 3D

A few other pics from todays camping prep!

Resized_20210617_174001.jpeg

Resized_20210617_180012.jpeg

Resized_20210617_181428.jpeg

20210617_182158.jpg

• Like 3

Stormin

The field opposite has not been used for a couple of years. There is a drainage ditch running through it and two years ago the banks were cleared of tree's and bushes. Those were just pushed to one side and left. I got a few loads of firewood out of it last year.

Last night a contractor I know, was cutting back the undergrowth round the edges, ready for fencers to come. The farmer who is going to rent it is going to reseed it and graze sheep in it.  This uncovered some more timber I could not get at. This morning before it got too hot, I went in with chainsaw, Sears and trailer. Half an hour and I had a full load.

P1030656.JPG.7ac9610f5628c7553a8c56d21c9fd20e.JPG

Maybe some more later as the fencers clear more undergrowth.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Wheel Horse 3D

Fabricate some upgraded guy stakes for the big 20x12 26weight canvas tarp. (That thing is HEAVY!!!!)

20210618_102728.jpg

• Like 1

Mickwhitt

Mrs W has been away all week on a world tour, of North Yorkshire.

So I've been in charge of the business.

Managed to keep the wheels on the cart and im down to just one guest now.

Hes a Yorkshire terrier and a huge handful. The breed is renowned in England for its size, aggression and tenacity. Often use to fight shire horses to the death and fed on live sharks the Yorkshire terrier needs careful handling.

20210618_154644.jpg.0409fb18dfc6a4d51bb7e4eb76a58664.jpg20210618_171357.jpg.ce468960318d69b9b0618c25ae40ed24.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine
15 minutes ago, Mickwhitt said:

. Often use to fight shire horses to the death and fed on live sharks the Yorkshire terrier needs careful handling.

20210618_171357.jpg.ce468960318d69b9b0618c25ae40ed24.jpg

Judging by the giant red gash just below that formidable beast I'd say that's obvious. 

• Haha 6

Stormin

I'd say it's given Mick a good licking judging by the absence of whiskers. :D

• Haha 1

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

giant red gash

You call that a gash?  That's a minor scratch in my neighborhood, a mere flesh wound!  I bet it barely bled. :ychain:

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Jeff-C175 said:

You call that a gash?  That's a minor scratch in my neighborhood, a mere flesh wound!  I bet it barely bled. :ychain:

Obviously dear Sir you have never messed with the fierceocity of the Great and powerful Yorkshire terrier

• Haha 3

Jeff-C175
12 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Obviously dear Sir you have never messed with the fierceocity of the Great and powerful Yorkshire terrier

And to that I say; "Is that all you got little doggie?  No?  Then BRING IT!"  

I have a tortoise calico cat that could do more damage than that just by LOOKING at you! :laughing-rolling: She spits acid and fires razor tip crossbow bolts out of her paws!

BEWARE!  MAD CAT!

Just look at that FIRE in her eyes!

image.png.b024a07218a97b213d7df2e0b1490ba8.png

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Haha 4

Tractorhead
1 hour ago, Mickwhitt said:

20210618_154644.jpg.0409fb18dfc6a4d51bb7e4eb76a58664.jpg

lucky that you were able to tame this beast before it eats you.

but do you be shure that is a save place for you where this Beast is?

😂😂😂

• Haha 2