Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Sparky

Today’s adventure: pedaled 14 miles this morning before it gets too hot/humid. 
  That train tressel pictured on the plaque would have be awesome to see! I pedaled over it but as you can see it has been filled in. 

IMG_4056.png

IMG_4055.jpeg

IMG_4049.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

IMG_4054.jpeg

IMG_4047.jpeg

• Excellent 6
  • Heart 2

19richie66

Beautiful scenery there. Makes for a nice ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

adsm08

Fishin'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beap52
8 hours ago, Sparky said:

That train tressel pictured on the plaque would have be awesome to see! I pedaled over it but as you can see it has been filled in. 

That looks like a great place to ride. Indeed, that trestle would have been quite a sight. A couple of years ago my wife bought me an electric bike for my 70th birthday.  I haven 't ridden as much as I thought I might as I only ridden some 300 miles.  One of my favorite places to ride is a "rail to trail" bike trail.  In our county there are 16 bridges and I've crossed about 12 of them.   The bike(s) (my wife now has her own)  are really fun when we go camping.  I especially like to take mine when I go trout fishing and camping at a state park.  While camping, we don't usually start the vehicle and only use the bikes to get around.  Some folks may poo poo electric bikes but I doubt (make that, I know) that I would ride a non motorized bicycle--I'd go back to my moped.   I've used the moped for several years while camping (after 15 years is has 750 miles) but found many more opportunities for riding the bicycle as electric bikes around here seem to be considered bicycles and not forbidden on bike trails like the 50cc moped is.

‪bike_and_bridge.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

8ntruck
Posted (edited)

We got about half of the deck boards tacked in place on the deck project today.  4th of July dinner of grilled hot dogs, corn on the cob, and potato salad.

At dusk, we ran the pontoon out to the middle of the lake, threw the anchor over,  and watched as the other residents around the lake sent their hard earned dollars up in smoke and pretty sparks.

Now we are back in the house, watching (per our tradition) Independance Day.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 5

Sparky

Got out early again this morning, but the humidity was already upon us! 
  Managed a 12+ miles ride. Couple foggy spots made for good pics. 
  As of now I have pedaled 174.3 miles this spring/summer.

IMG_4079.png

IMG_4067.jpeg

IMG_4068.jpeg

IMG_4077.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Horse Newbie

Cut the yard. The grass is drying and dying.

High today… 98… heat index right now…104…brown spots appearing. I don’t mind. I’m just glad I did not fall out.

Yesterday went on a little bar-hopping ride with some bros…  sometimes it’s too hot for that , and yesterday it was… but we went anyways. 

What would Willie, Waylon, Johnny, and Kris do ?

IMG_4229.jpeg

IMG_4230.jpeg

IMG_4231.jpeg

IMG_4225.jpeg

IMG_4226.jpeg

IMG_4227.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

Mickwhitt

Got the rear yard project finished at last.

20240705_141950.jpg.4ad1fe421bfddc54841974be18d2787b.jpgglad to have got the hardest part done now. Hopefully the weekend will be a relaxing one for me.

went for a look at a new car, well a new to me car.

Nissan Cube, bit of a rarity and an icon.

It's a good price and in very good condition.  Draws a lot of attention despite being a 13 year old car. 

IMG-20240705-WA0009.jpg.0527e1998360f785423ec2f3a2510d44.jpg

Apparently sold in America too, any one got any views on it?

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

Horse Newbie

After mowing I waited for it to cool off… never did…

Then I took the ‘94 520H and the ‘84 Work Horse GT-1600 for a spin.

I have 25 hours on the clock on the 520H. 
Time for an oil change. 
Then I sprayed some Round Up… pooped and done.

IMG_4233.jpeg

IMG_4234.jpeg

IMG_4235.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

Razorback

Today we took a trip 1 hour south to the Ft. Smith, AR area to get 3 275-gallon totes from a guy I have seen for years on CL. We will use them for garden watering to add to the single 55gallon drum I already have. These totes were only $50 each and are once-used, food-grade totes that have already been cleaned and sanitized. I thought it was an awesome deal. We might go back for 3 more sometime soon. They are like BRAND NEW!!!

https://fayar.craigslist.org/for/d/barling-clean-food-grade-ibc-totes/7754181866.html#

• Like 2

8ntruck

Worked on the deck laying deck boards today.  I discovered that the lumber yard shorted me 2 boards when they delivered.  Additionally, there were 3 boards with defects that I didn't want to use on the deck.  These 3 are good enough to use on an upcoming dock addition, so they won't go to waste. Going to have to visit the lumber yard  Monday to get the 2 they forgot and buy 3 more.

The neighbors invited us over for dinner of quesadillas and corn on the cob.  They set off some fireworks as it got dark.  We built a fire and provided somemores dessert and munchies during the display.  We observed another 4th of July tradition we have by roasting the previous Easter peeps over a fire made from the previous Christmas trees or wreath. 

• Like 3

Razorback
On 7/5/2024 at 3:06 PM, Mickwhitt said:

Got the rear yard project finished at last.

20240705_141950.jpg.4ad1fe421bfddc54841974be18d2787b.jpgglad to have got the hardest part done now. Hopefully the weekend will be a relaxing one for me.

went for a look at a new car, well a new to me car.

Nissan Cube, bit of a rarity and an icon.

It's a good price and in very good condition.  Draws a lot of attention despite being a 13 year old car. 

IMG-20240705-WA0009.jpg.0527e1998360f785423ec2f3a2510d44.jpg

Apparently sold in America too, any one got any views on it?

That looks like it is in very good condition. Good for you!

My wife and I like old vehicles…. She drives a 1981 Ford Bronco, my daily driver is a 1969 Ford Falcon Futura wagon, and my newest vehicle is a 1995 Ford F250 that has the 7.3L PowerStroke engine in it. We use it mainly to tow our 1987 Avion travel trailer…. Which we will be taking to Baton Rouge, LA on the 15th, staying through the 29th. In the truck, I changed the oil and filter (15 quarts of oil!!!..), and rotated the tires this evening in preparation for the trip. Still need to replace the fuel filter…. Will get that done tomorrow. I thought I had a new fuel filter on the shelf, but no…..

• Like 1

squonk
Posted (edited)

Remnants of Beryl. Dewpoints of 75° + temps in the 90's All the chillers running flat out and not keeping up. Tornado warnings but nothing popped.  Never seen anything like this in the 16 years I've worked here. I feel like Scotty on Star Trek: " I'm givin you all it's got Capt.! 

A Complete Guide to Scotty From Star Trek

A little Music to sooth the soul! 

Edited by squonk
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

davem1111
On 7/4/2024 at 11:32 AM, Sparky said:

IMG_4053.jpeg

Nice!  I haven't been road (or paved trail) biking since I took a rolling spill at high speed a few years ago. I have mountain bike and hiking trails here on my own property that I've been sticking to.

Not to try to "one-up" you on the trestle, but it made me think of this one which is not very far from me. I've seen part of it from a distance but haven't visited it closely:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_Viaduct

image.png.ef16abc769200a302c231d98baa24cdb.png

image.png.c551b76ed413f8b6baefabb57e10ddd1.png

• Excellent 4

PWL216

Installed a dust collector/reclaimer on my blast cabinet. Seems to work really well but I think I need a new gun, air hose and coarser media than the 80 grit I’m using now. Takes a long time to do a small piece. I’ve got the air pressure to the gun between 80-90 psi.

IMG_0245.jpeg

• Excellent 4

oliver2-44
36 minutes ago, PWL216 said:

Installed a dust collector/reclaimer on my blast cabinet. Seems to work really well but I think I need a new gun, air hose and coarser media than the 80 grit I’m using now. Takes a long time to do a small piece. I’ve got the air pressure to the gun between 80-90 psi.

IMG_0245.jpeg

@PWL216 May I ask where you got that Dust collector reclaimer.

Does it have a paper filter element with a fan at the very top

PWL216
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

@PWL216 May I ask where you got that Dust collector reclaimer.

Does it have a paper filter element with a fan at the very top

@oliver2-44 I bought it off Amazon. I’m not sure about the paper element and fan, but I can check tomorrow.

IMG_0246.jpeg

Edited by PWL216
  • Like 3

squonk

What size compressor are you running? 

953 nut
8 hours ago, PWL216 said:

coarser media than the 80 grit I’m using now.

Glass beads start out as 80 but become dust rather quickly, change them out and see if things improve.

PWL216
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:
10 hours ago, PWL216 said:

coarser media than the 80 grit I’m using now.

Glass beads start out as 80 but become dust rather quickly, change them out and see if things improve.

Hi @953 nut the media is brand new…

PWL216
3 hours ago, squonk said:

What size compressor are you running? 

Hi @squonk I use a 60 gallon, 135 psi compressor.

IMG_0247.jpeg

IMG_0248.jpeg

squonk
50 minutes ago, PWL216 said:

Hi @squonk I use a 60 gallon, 135 psi compressor.

IMG_0247.jpeg

IMG_0248.jpeg

Although that is 60 gal, it doesn't look like a high SCFM pump. That's one reason you're having an issue. Another reason is the nozzles wear out fast and lower the media velocity. I used the TP Tools gun and carbide nozzles in the past with good results

https://www.tptools.com/Skat-Blast-Carbide-Nozzle-Pack,287.html?b=d*8024

Once you try carbide, you won't settle for less. Our most durable nozzle.

Made of long-lasting Tungsten Carbide, each nozzle will outlast 30 ceramic, making it the most economical nozzle you can buy. "

https://www.tptools.com/Skat-Blast-C-35-Series-Foot-Pedal-Operated-Power-Gun,8593.html?b=d*8026

• Excellent 1

Sparky

Worked from home for a couple hours this morning and then hit the trails. Managed 14 miles today. 
 Got rained on a bit, rain came about a mile from the tunnel so I had a place to hang out for 5 minutes till it let up some. Still got wet but not “soaked” to the bone. 
  For the first time in 58 years I rode with a helmet ⛑️

IMG_4199.png

IMG_4192.jpeg

IMG_4193.jpeg

IMG_4198.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Mickwhitt

Back to some proper work today.

A guy sent me a Honda mower for service with the information that it wouldn't start.

Some bent parts on the throttle/choke assembly were the cause of no choke, hence no starting, soon sorted.

When I started to lubricate everything I found the chain drive idler pulleys were really badly worn. One was not even rotating it was so shot.

I took it to bits and the steel inner pivots were worn too. It had also been put together wrongly by a previous mower technician lol.

Got new nylon pulleys but no steel inner sleeves. 

So on went the lathe and out popped the necessary parts.

20240712_143142.jpg.fed202c633232cc82b43213987c41792.jpg

As we used to say in the knife making game, if a hole was too big we'd say it was like a closet seat (thats a toilet in England). And you can see the wear on the nylon idler wheel.

20240712_160934.jpg.9ef30adee38841868f8259d4e1e87d03.jpg

Just a bush kind of inner sleeve to carry the idler wheel and act as pivot for the roller raise and lower mechanism. A tiny top hat bush was also worn and I pressed it into the arm rather than have it slop about.

Hopefully that should sort the chain issue before it becomes an issue. 

• Excellent 5