Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

AMC RULES

953 nut
40 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

I wanna thank you all Guy‘s again for let me having a great time in the USA.

It makes me an unforgettable Time and Memories especially for meeting Friends and gaining new Friendships.

First in Row: Don @Handy Don thanks for all your Support before, within and after the Big Show while hosting me,

My Bro Kevin @Pullstart for hosting me in his tent.

Mr. @Wild Bill for explaining me some Backgrounds about the Big Show and his Attention on my Person,

The Breaklining Guy  @rmaynard and his Wife for having a great Meal and nice talking while the Big Show,

My second Bro @wallfish for the nice Gas talking and fancy Wrenching together- it was a pleasure to ride your Bike!

@squonk Mike for having a good Time together,

@953 nut Richard to have some good Time together and met you face to face,

@stevebo for the nice late night talking late at the Big Show,

@Ed Kennellfor the Shift stick for my spare Gearbox,

And all other guy‘s they be not named here but i met at the Big Show

It was a true pleasure to meet you in person. I already knew you were an enthusiastic person from your posts and seeing you ate the show was even better than expected. You are a brothe from another mother for all of us and we look forward to seeing you again.          :romance-grouphug:

• Like 4
  • Heart 2

rmaynard

@Tractorhead Stephan, just remember, it's not always this hot at the Big Show. Maybe the next time you visit, the weather will be better. Always a pleasure to share Mrs. M's home-made cookie bars. They seem to be a hit with the early arrivers. Meeting you in person and talking with you was great. Good luck with getting a Commando 8. That's one of my favorites.

Have a great time decompressing from the show, and I'll see you around RedSquare.

Bob

• Heart 3

19richie66

@Tractorhead Stephan, glad you made it home safely. It was good to finally put a face to a name. Good luck with your future wheel horse endeavors. Stay in touch my friend. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

Handy Don
51 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

IMG_20240630_152423.jpg

Yeah, you may discover that you are better than you thought with little ones, eh? They grow on you (pun intended).

• Like 5

SylvanLakeWH

@ebinmaine congratulations!!!!

But man, you need to get that kid some RED onesies... green clothes??? really!

:angry-tappingfoot:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

@ebinmaine congratulations!!!!

But man, you need to get that kid some RED onesies... green clothes??? really!

:angry-tappingfoot:

This one is excusable because it is literally OD Green

• Like 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

This one is excusable because it is literally OD Green

Good match for your "Milly" military :wh:

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

Good match for your "Milly" military :wh:

YESS!!

ohiofarmer

Finally got the big Dodge Cummins cab and chassis rear driveline completed. A bearing shed its rollers due to a cheap Dodge clip designed to retain the dual bearing casette on the axle. She got hot and shed some rollers inside the live axle. They said it was non repairable but I fixed it with a mill file and a special jig to keep the 2" 16 TPI die centered on the outside

Yesterday, i finally got the driveline hooked up. A long hospital stay a little over a year ago put crawling around beneath the beast on hold. Every seal on the rear was replaced. New brakes and U-joints and such. all that awful ground up metal somehow cleaned up and new gear oil and posi fluid. That truck can easily scale at 12000 GVW and the Diesel is happy to get twenty plus MPG on the road trips. That cheap dodge clip was replaced with a Chevy retaining nut , a square key in the keyway, and the much better retaining ring. 

Now that Cummins will sing again.  Just in time because the little 1500 my sister gave me has a shot transmission and the radiator sprung a leak

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

ohiofarmer

Here is the result after hooking up mister driveshaft

• Like 2

19richie66

Added four more magnets to the line up. This was a test run. Next up is the 953/1054 grille, GT-14, 60’s style and then the C & D series. Going to try and get them all made up. Yes…… also working on the senior. :handgestures-thumbupright:

IMG_5344.jpeg

• Excellent 7

Tractorhead
2 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Added four more magnets to the line up. This was a test run. Next up is the 953/1054 grille, GT-14, 60’s style and then the C & D series. Going to try and get them all made up. Yes…… also working on the senior. :handgestures-thumbupright:

IMG_5344.jpeg

Just missing a squarehood 😎

• Haha 2

19richie66
4 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Just missing a squarehood 😎

It’s coming…..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Added four more magnets to the line up. This was a test run. Next up is the 953/1054 grille, GT-14, 60’s style and then the C & D series.  

What's the size on these Richie? 

Mickwhitt

Well, after a lot of digging, moving stuff, moving more stuff and then moving some stuff, we are almost done with the rear yard project. 

20240627_155826.jpg.0ba8a51b95b5003bffb48904c72a02c3.jpga couple of tons of white limestone as a sub base.

20240627_155829.jpg.c75a3f687e06e5c9dacc552374114117.jpgan electric whacker plate compactor, total PITA avoiding the cable all the time, should all be scrapped lol.

20240701_130046.jpg.0e54aac99fdff2c83e577c752c50245b.jpgthe labourer had started to slow down here somewhat. But you can see the gist of it. Weed control membrane, landscaping grids and 10mm gravel. 

While collecting the last lot of grids from our DIY store i came across this big boy running down the road. He had broken away from his owner, pulled the extending lead out of her hand. The plactic hand piece was "chasing" him along the road so he woukdnt stop.

20240702_145421.jpg.ece67d535867f0e35821768651bdebb0.jpgThankfully the same hand piece got wedged under the wheel of a parked car and that stopped him. 

Managed to get him in the car and bring him home out of the sun for a drink.

luckily he had atag on his collar so i rang the owner and she came out for him. He's a Carpathian shepherd dog, big beast but lovely nature.

quite a day all in all. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

19richie66
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

What's the size on these Richie? 

These are approximately 2”x 2”  They vary depending on what it is. Most of the badge/logos are around 4” x 1”. Somewhere right in there. Single rare earth magnet on the back. 

IMG_5242.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

These are approximately 2”x 2”  They vary depending on what it is.

I'd be interested in a mid 60s and a mid 70s whenever you get around to making them

19richie66
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I'd be interested in a mid 60s and a mid 70s whenever you get around to making them

You got it. Hopefully soon. I have some cups and a couple of misc. projects I have to finish. Keep Momma happy. :D

Edited by 19richie66
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Tractorhead
On 6/30/2024 at 5:28 PM, rmaynard said:

@Tractorhead Stephan, just remember, it's not always this hot at the Big Show. Maybe the next time you visit, the weather will be better.

Oh, for me the Weather was perfect.

here we just have Rain, rain and again Rain....🤪

time to dig for a sweatshirt...

• Like 3

Sparky

Ran up the Ct river with a few friends, high school buddies to be exact! Docked for lunch and then a high-speed cruise back down to the launch. 
 Not every day is a tractor day :lol:

IMG_4017.jpeg

IMG_4018.jpeg

IMG_4031.jpeg

IMG_4028.jpeg

IMG_4024.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 6

8ntruck
Posted (edited)

More work on the deck today.  Finished the joists yesterday, got the blocking between the joists installed today.  Also installed the 2x12 header board across the ends of the joists.

Building inspector came out and signed off on the deck framing.  

Some of the cripples across the center joints on the joists were standing proud.  I started with a belt stander, but it was too slow.  Tried a couple different saws, but they weren't  working well either.  When I was digging around in my shop for a chisel, I found a draw knife that I forgot I had. 

Turns out that the draw knife was the proper tool to match the cripples to the joists.  Fun to use, too.  I think the draw knife is my second favorite tool after my Bailey #3 plane - which is in my Mo. location.. 

Got two deck boards attached before I called it quits for the day.  More boards will go on tomorrow.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 2