Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

Ed Kennell

These tail light brackets sticking out were a real knee knocker.  So I cut them off and moved them to the rear where they are protected and can be seen much better.

I use magnetic base lights on all my trailers.  I keep them inside and take them off before dunking the boats in the salt water.   They always work.

100_0298.JPG.cba34a51aefac560070c1ed18b6d6976.JPG100_0299.JPG.352a335d11393010b3ecb91f345b7143.JPG

Oh, and I did find you can use a 4.5" angle grinder for manicuring.        If you remove the guard, try to remember to wear your gloves.

100_0301.JPG.a877fc88899aa9a6ac342cec9d627c1f.JPG

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Ed Kennell You had a @Pullstart moment.

• Haha 8

Pullstart

It happens.. :hide:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8ntruck

While we were in our winter quarters, the sump pump in our summer quarters decided to blow the circuit breaker that it is plugged into.  I pulled the pump out of the crock today.  It rotates freely, so it is an electrical issue.  Don't have any idea how old the pump is - likely 20 to 30 years.  I'll replace it.

Fortunately, we didn't need a sump pump this spring, like we have in some past spring's.

• Like 4

Horse Newbie
7 hours ago, squonk said:

Phil Bowling Memorial Trailer

Looks like a wheel barrow in reverse…

Tractorhead
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Oh, and I did find you can use a 4.5" angle grinder for manicuring.        If you remove the guard, try to remember to wear your gloves.

Nice manicureEd,  maybe little rough for my opinion...😎

Her by our local OSHA it was strictly forbidden to wear gloves on any rotating Machines.

But i don‘t care about.

That prevents me several times to make an unwanted manicure.

Try to start a battle with pullstart - huh 

👍

Edited by Tractorhead
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Monstrosity

So after the honey do osts were done I got 20 mins of play time before I need to start dinner! Recently picked up thus dual cylinder air compressor, cheapo one don't know how it'll work, so I'm thinking maybe to the front quick hitch with removable tank on back (larger tank) or mount the smaller tank underneath......20240512_172412.jpg.8b5d5bf13a1a0718882ce964cc1de3d9.jpg

• Excellent 3

Tractorhead

That compressor looks sharp in front of the Horse. 

• Thanks 1

Monstrosity
8 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Now do I mount the smaller tank from or the big one on the back?????

ebinmaine
25 minutes ago, Monstrosity said:

Will the front mounted tank present ANY ground clearance issues whereever you use the tractor?

On our rough terrain I'd HAVE to keep extra distance so I'd go with a high mount or rear tank. 

36 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Agreed 👍 

• Like 1

Monstrosity
34 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Will the front mounted tank present ANY ground clearance issues whereever you use the tractor?

On our rough terrain I'd HAVE to keep extra distance so I'd go with a high mount or rear tank. 

Ground clearance is an issue, and a rear attachment is an issue.... so the 1277 is Max's tractor and will be using it driving his siblings to the park... I may throw the mowing deck on so he can use it. He is currently learning with the push mower...his lines got me bothered..... I can fab up another pin hitch for the small yard cart on the back of the big tank so I believe that's the solution. My mower is a little larger on Saturdays. Go ahead shame me lol........

20240504_144725.jpg.a0f1ca0fbe78167bbf6cbaf5408f26c9.jpg20240504_144732.jpg.547914b78f42dd97f4d2c5cb4a80030d.jpg20240511_153818.jpg.70f8dad6c974d6b92f0f638c99b67f2f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Monstrosity said:

. I can fab up another pin hitch for the small yard cart on the back of the big tank so I believe that's the solution

Big tank on a separate trailer?

That'd work.  

Handy Don
47 minutes ago, Monstrosity said:

My mower is a little larger on Saturdays.

Sod farm?

Monstrosity
18 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Sod farm?

Yessir f&w schmitt my cousin has got me working year round now. 

• Like 2

Monstrosity
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Big tank on a separate trailer?

That'd work.  

Eh I got plenty of wheels that'll work but I'm thinking something like this so I can use it as weight for plowing/snowthrowing.20240512_202554.jpg.eb536ef0cd5a423d8a645a40dfe7a2e0.jpg

2 pieces of steel with a pass through hole so can be mounted on the dozer blade frame with 2 holes to lock it up where the brinely/sleeve/pin hitch would mount to hold it in the up position.20240512_203528.jpg.d8059e0a8ce1e884db747bec1654741d.jpg

Edited by Monstrosity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Horsin'round
On 5/11/2024 at 6:08 PM, Ed Kennell said:

These tail light brackets sticking out were a real knee knocker.  So I cut them off and moved them to the rear where they are protected and can be seen much better.

I use magnetic base lights on all my trailers.  I keep them inside and take them off before dunking the boats in the salt water.   They always work.

100_0298.JPG.cba34a51aefac560070c1ed18b6d6976.JPG100_0299.JPG.352a335d11393010b3ecb91f345b7143.JPG

100_0301.JPG.a877fc88899aa9a6ac342cec9d627c1f.JPG

Grandma always said,  " You put a little bit of yourself into everything you do..."🤣🤣🤣

Glad you are alright, could have gone sideways quickly!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tractorhead
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Monstrosity said:

Big one in the back to make it more useful imho.

i would make it quick removable with a fast coupling.

3 base ideas behind:

1. quick removable if you need the space for other tasks

2. You can put a T connector inside if you need much more Air for whatever tasks,

if needed you can attach an Trailer with an Airtank or other things ( free purpose decision)

3. In Winter you can use the Airtank instead with a separate Ballast tank

i would never fill an Airtank with Water or Water Antifreeze or even oil,

a open box what can be filled with sand would be my choice instead.

Edited by Tractorhead

Mickwhitt

What did I do? Hmm.....

Mowed the lawn, watered the newly planted veg plants, continued my greenhouse building project, installed a  new outdoor tap for said greenhouse,  planted up hanging basket tomatoes  and a couple of flower planters, made a home made pizza for lunch, laid a trial 1 metre square of stabilised gravel to see how it would look and perform..... just a few bits and bobs.

Meanwhile,  Sandra and her Ginnies girls hit the road and drove to the coast for a jolly day out. 

IMG-20240510-WA0004.jpg.869d04bcbd7beb847ac8af2c07981d3e.jpg

Oh then, when the sun had sunk into the West I had to water the community garden  with my patented water pump system, home in time to greet the weary travellers. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

8ntruck
Posted (edited)

Today was plumbing day.  I installed the new sump pump in the house.  Went scary easily.  Swapped the fittings and pipe bits and bob's from the old pump to the new one, plugged it inand was done.  Couldn't find a 1/3 hp pump, so the horsepower rule was applied and I settled on a 1/2 hp unit.

Next up, the pressure tank in the lake house.  1st hardware store had sold their last 20 gallon tank yesterday.  2nd hardware store had one in stock. 

Old tank removed in about 10 minutes.  Oops, old tank had a plastic elbow inlet fitting that extended to the outside of the tank base - new tank just had a standard elbow.  No 1" galvanized pipe on my stash of plumbing odds & ends.   Measured old tank & new tank to come up with a length. Back to the hardware store for a piece of pipe. 

Assembled onto the new tank.  Place tank into position - oops #2.  The pipe was about 3" too long.  Turns out the new tank is larger diameter than the old one - moved the tank centerline.

Back to the hardware store for the 3rd time.  Pick up the new calculated length pipe and a spare that is an inch shorter.  Swap the new length pipe into place, place the tank.  Measured correctly this time - lines up with the union to the rest of the plumbing system.  Started the pump up - no leaks.

Got lucky on the sump pump - one trip to the store.  Pressure tank turned out to be the average three trip to the store project.  Also added a too long pipe and a too short pipe to my stash of plumbing parts that don't fit anything in the house for possible future use.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, 8ntruck said:

Went scary easily

And here, ladies and gentlemen,  we should know by now to STOP all further projects for the next 24 to 48 hours.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

87 416-8 horse
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

And here, ladies and gentlemen,  we should know by now to STOP all further projects for the next 24 to 48 hours.  

True true. Those are some wise words @ebinmaine

• Haha 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Started working on repairing the non working Touch Control hydraulics on the Cub LoBoy this evening after work

IMG_1072.jpeg

IMG_1073.jpeg

IMG_1081.jpeg

IMG_1082.jpeg

IMG_1090.jpeg

IMG_1091.jpeg

IMG_1096.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

OldWorkHorse

Worked a bit more on the mythical beast today. Still got a few parts to put on once i get them but not bad for mostly scrap pile i got for free. 20240515_174604.jpg.663b77c58b29c17fc147260faf881991.jpg

20240515_174452.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 3

SylvanLakeWH

That is cool!!! :bow-blue:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Win some, lose some.  $40 for the seat, but $50 for the plow!  :banana-linedance:

IMG_8408.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1