Mickwhitt

What did you do today?

19richie66
8 hours ago, Tonytoro416 said:

Are they made from glass or plexiglass of some sort?  Very nice looking.  I love that kinda stuff

1/4” lexan

WHX??

Put new blades on the C-145  36RD deck and promptly proceeded to dull them.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but do worse to new blades.:huh:

Hats off to Brian  @76c12091520h for getting me a NOS set.  Check out the box!

20230815_093156.jpg

20230815_195018.jpg

Nothing works like a horse!

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 8

Wheel-N-It
3 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Jim, its good to know there are others out there who are as gifted as I am to dull a new set of wheel horse mowing blades in record time !!

Carry on my brother :handgestures-thumbupright:

Well done.

• Haha 7

Tonytoro416
3 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Added some color. Still have to square up the one on the right and build frames for them. 

5190677F-1753-4F83-B0FE-3FC50C9907FB.jpeg

Do you have some kind of etching machine or a printer of some sort that you do these designs on?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

19richie66
6 hours ago, Tonytoro416 said:

Do you have some kind of etching machine or a printer of some sort that you do these designs on?

I have a vinyl cutter I make decal/masks with. These are painted. Most of the effort involved is cleaning up a design to make the mask. I have several more I am going to try. 

• Like 6

elcamino/wheelhorse

@19richie66  Can you make a mask for squonk ? The uglier the better , anything would be an improvement.

• Haha 4

19richie66
5 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@19richie66  Can you make a mask for squonk ? The uglier the better , anything would be an improvement.

I could try but it would be tough :hide:

• Haha 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

So far today used the waldomobile to mower entire yard. had to adjust the PTO. It went thru the high grass like had a 16hp instead of the 8 hp.  Had to get use to clutch/brake pedal. Next on the to do list is household duties. The cat visited the vet yesterday for what I thought was mites, turn out to be little black fleas. Vet had never seen any fleas like that so, cat got some $60.00 med and I was given instructions to buy Flea Buster's flea powder. Just waiting for jungle site to deliver next week, found can of boric acid in the shed so spread that around where her highness cannot get into it.  Can't figure out how she got fleas since she does not go outside. Guess Waldo transported the nasty little buggers in the house. guess I better get the sweeper(vacuum) and get to work.

• Sad 5

squonk
2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

So far today used the waldomobile to mower entire yard. had to adjust the PTO. It went thru the high grass like had a 16hp instead of the 8 hp.  Had to get use to clutch/brake pedal. Next on the to do list is household duties. The cat visited the vet yesterday for what I thought was mites, turn out to be little black fleas. Vet had never seen any fleas like that so, cat got some $60.00 med and I was given instructions to buy Flea Buster's flea powder. Just waiting for jungle site to deliver next week, found can of boric acid in the shed so spread that around where her highness cannot get into it.  Can't figure out how she got fleas since she does not go outside. Guess Waldo transported the nasty little buggers in the house. guess I better get the sweeper(vacuum) and get to work.

The fleas saw your hair ran to it like girls to The Beatles! 

• Haha 3

squonk
On 8/16/2023 at 1:55 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

There isn't enough material on the planet! 

• Haha 2

squonk
On 8/15/2023 at 9:11 PM, WHX?? said:

20230815_093156.jpg

20230815_195018.jpg

Since when do you have grass? :teasing-poke:

• Haha 1

squonk

Got 2 K 181's running today.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Stormin

First thing this morning took some scrap wood from the roof work on the abode to the tip. Though tips are called recycling depots now. Back home and reloaded the trailer with old roof tiles, some scrap metal and two 5/8th x 4' x 4' ply sections I've had doing nothing. Then up to the farm. The ply will make a new floor for the transport box. Scrap metal in the skip and tiles went to fill in a field gateway.

• Excellent 3

WHX??
3 hours ago, squonk said:

Since when do you have grass? :teasing-poke:

Ok... mow weeds :lol:

• Haha 3

c-series don

Ate like kings at the ocean today, right after I took this picture they dumped a ton of shrimp on the pile. Once a year the guys from my firehouse do a seafood boil 

IMG_8269.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

As I mention on Saturday cat has fleas. Been losing the battle with those black suckers ever since. Sat on the sofa this morning with my cup of coffee and found a 6 on my shoes. #$%&*())) . Moved sofa and found a place where the seams of the leather had split, and dang cat was laying inside. Removed cat then went to Pullstart bandage box to make repairs to my skin. Measured sofa and doorways. No way this ole goat was going to move it. Redneck heritage kicked in. Out to the shed for the handyman's secret weapon. Sawzall. Got tarp, secret weapon, razor knife, drop cord and anything else that I could drag in the house. Two hours later, the butchered sofa and all tools on back deck.  Got pump sprayer out, crud no flea killer. off to blue box store with list. Hard time finding anything they got Halloween stuff( i cleaned up the word) all over the store. $85.00 later (you always got to pick up things beside what you go for) back home. Gave butchered remains a quad strength bath.  Where is a squonk when you need one. Finally, time for lunch, shower and a nap.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ed Kennell
15 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

a nap.

Think I need one after reading that.Bug-Away ad, 1985 - YouTube

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

That is the nice thing about being retired , it is always nap time. 

• Haha 3

Stormin
2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

As I mention on Saturday cat has fleas. Been losing the battle with those black suckers ever since. Sat on the sofa this morning with my cup of coffee and found a 6 on my shoes. #$%&*())) . 

Number 3 grandson, Lewis, called round on Monday. Yesterday he sent his grandmother a text. "I think Nell has fleas. Found one on my leg". Nell is our collie/kelpie cross mut. No sign of fleas on her or us. He and SWMBO are taking turns to check on and feed our Lori's cats, while she and family are away on holiday. There's three of the things.

Another text tonight off him. Lori's cats are the culprits. Made my day. :D

You may ask why. Well, when her daughter was just a toddler, she was always told to wash her hands after touching our dogs. "You don't know what they've got", she'd say. Made me rather angry but I held my peace, but I did say it's a known fact cats carry more germs than any dog. After all. they kill birds and vermin and get into allsorts of places where fleas can be.  

I can't wait till she gets back from holiday and finds her cats have fleas. Not to mention everywhere in the house that they have the run of. Kitchen, living room, Her BEDROOM.  :twisted:  Just hope the grandkids shut their bedroom doors.

Edited by Stormin

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Stormin You ever seen a black flea ? Use to the brown nasty monsters , but never seen a black one and the vet had never seen one either. Besides the $60.00 medicine I was told to but some special flea powder $40.00 for a 3 pound container and to vacuum (hoover ) the whole house once a week.

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse

Stormin
5 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Stormin You ever seen a black flea ? 

Yes! One type of hen flea is black. Also many years ago my old German Shepard got black fleas, due to the property behind us being a rats restaurant.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Learn something new every day.  The cat never is allowed outside, so I guess a couple hitched a ride on me one day.

19richie66

One framed up. 

8AD87285-6C41-424B-830C-B8613C8BE5BA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4