3WHDave

D-180 Electrical schematic needed…

3WHDave

I am in the process of re-wiring my D-180 (Model #1_0611_9) and I do not have a schematic that specifically states “D-180”  I have an OE manual which has schematics for “B”, "C” and D” series, however, the two “D” series schematics are labeled D-160 and D-200 respectively.  My confusion comes in play with the following:

The D-160 schematic shows a clutch switch at the motion control lever (shift lever) with a single throw (open/closed) with (5) connection points.  My machine has a single throw (open/closed) with (2) contact points (see picture).

Additionally, my machine has an identical switch at the PTO clutch (same type of switch as the shift lever, single throw (open/closed) with (2) contact points (second picture).

Additional points of confusion:

·         I have no fan (as show in both schematics, and do even see a place for it

·         My front panel (which appears to be OE, having the model/serial number tag) does not have a parking break lever, or any lever, as the D-180 has a “PARK” position on the SPEED CONTROL LEVER (unlike the D-200, third picture)

·         My seat does not have a Safety Switch

My kingdom (upon acquiring one) for a schematic for a D-180!

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

Controls.jpg

pfrederi

D-180 and D200 have the same wiring.  However it changed over time.  The two poll switch on the PTO Prevents you from starting it with PTO engaged PTO has to be off for current to go from ignition switch S terminal to the solenoid.

Electric PTO was only on D160s

Fans were a later addition or may have been optional.  There is no seat switch on mine either.

Both Early D180 and D 200 had the parking brakes as part of the motion control lever.  Putting it in the lower slot engaged the brake...very bad idea.  Was modified to the knob on the instrument panel but some production still had the lower slot for the motion control (mine does)  some dealers blocked it out.

The only difference D180 to D200 was the engines and what options came as standard.

3WHDave

Thank you again Paul.  Does yours have the same style switch on the motion control arm as mine (fist picture)?

pfrederi

No switch on motion control.  May have been removed at some point???  My motion control will be different than yours as I have parking brake in the dash tower.

IMG_0073.JPG

Edited by pfrederi

pacer

My 180 had that PTO sw at one time but as with most of these old safety sws I took the thing off (1/2-3/4 dont work anyway) I had the spring seat and it didnt have a sw and this type seat the fan wouldnt fit anyway. Mine had the lower drop down notch for the park brake and after about the umpteenth time the lever got tangled up in that mess, I covered the notch and even went ahead and removed the whole park brake components -- I cant ever remember even using the brake period anyway - when you pull back on the motion lever that thing is gonna STOP.

My 160 and 200 both have the dash mount park brake. Oddly enough the 160 had the drop down notch on the lever but was covered over and had the dash knob. I think they just kind scattered parts around using different parts just getting rid if them.

• Like 1