tntatro

Grader blade fitment

tntatro

Hello, I just recently bought a mid mount grader blade but it does not appear to fit my axle brackets. I asked the guy before driving 2-1/2 hours if it would fit a C160 and he said it would. My brackets are about 11-3/8" where they connect to the attachment but this attachment connects at about 14-1/4". Anyone know what it fits or if I can make it fit my B80 or C160?

20200429_184525[1].jpg

20200429_184716[1].jpg

20200429_184723[1].jpg

20200429_184731[1].jpg

• Sad 1

953 nut

Sad to say, some one with a welder has had his way with this. Here are a few pictures of what it should look like.

83836269_310009.JPG.12b1a8da72c048fa9d8fd0585e58b2e7.JPG655970695_310004.JPG.d7d818ec8972ea0018601cc7bc9d7dc8.JPG2139634432_310005.JPG.57b55cb3110ee6d55f25ab9d9a1a6962.JPG

• Thanks 1

pfrederi

I wonder if this was modified to fit a D series which has a wider frame???

tntatro

Interesting, it almost looks like someone used part of a frame from a plow blade. I guess I won't trust him anymore. He had all kinds of wheel Horse stuff so I'd think he should know if it fit a C160 or not. I guess I'll have to put it under the tractor and see what kind of modifications it needs. I just bought a welder but still have to learn to weld. This will have to be one of my first projects some day when I can weld. 

Pullstart

I have some axle brackets that have no cross beam.  Maybe cut your bracket apart and space the pieces out on the axle a bit if you don’t have the means to fab the correct frame?

• Like 1

tntatro
3 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Maybe cut your bracket apart and space the pieces out

That might work but it might be too wide. I did a little measuring quickly and it didn't look promising but didn't have time to actually put it under the tractor and see how things looked. If I could take the round cross bar off and put it up top then that might work but not sure. I also have a different style axle bracket that has 5/8" holes for pins or bolts. If I cut off the outer stubs and drill some holes then that might work.

tntatro

Now I just looked at the original ad and this isn't even the same one he had pictured. Not sure if he made an honest mistake or what. Unfortunately I don't know much about them and just trusted that everything was good. He hasn't answered any of my messages. The one pictured looked original.

• Sad 3

c-series don

I’m about 99% sure that blade is for a D series tractor 

• Like 2

tntatro

I took the cross beam off the axle brackets and the attachment will fit that way but the blade angle lever hits the tire when you pull it. It will work though if I push it into the tire. There is only a couple inches of clearance from the bottom of the frame to the ground though. The blade itself raises and lowers nicely.

The seller got back to me and after me complaining about it not being the one in the ad and about the other little issues he said he would switch with the one that was in the ad, which from the picture is much nicer looking and has no modifications. He kind of made me feel like I was being too fussy but why would someone show a picture of a nice attachment in original condition and then expect the buyer to accept an attachment welded together from different implements? It's also a 2-1/2 hour drive. He told me the one I got was pictured in the original ad but I didn't see or respond to the original ad, I just saw the one I bought this from with a picture of a nice looking one for $375.

If the D series has a longer distance from the brackets to the center below the lift lever then I don't think it would fit due to the blade angle lever hitting the tire. I think it was made to fit this type but is not an original part, just something made from welding on a piece cut off from a plow frame. Also, it just barely clears the front of the transmission. At first I thought it wouldn't fit but it does if positioned just right.

• Like 1

c-series don

If you both have a Fastenal nearby they ship stuff cheap so that may save you the drive. Just an idea. 

tntatro
On 4/30/2020 at 6:52 PM, c-series don said:

If you both have a Fastenal nearby they ship stuff cheap so that may save you the drive. Just an idea. 

I do have a Fastenal nearby, not sure about him. After our last text session I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to swap the one I got with the one that was pictured in the ad. I thought it was settled and I said I'd let him know if/when I could go up there. Then he sent a picture today of a grader similar to the one I got pointing out how much better mine was than the piece of junk someone else was selling for $250. I then asked why he would list something for sale and show a picture of a different one that he didn't want to sell. Then he went off on a rant about how I should have said something while I was there and I was starting to piss him off. As if he was the one that had to drive 2-1/2 hours one way. Oh well, I guess I'll settle for the one I have. I think I can modify it later to raise it higher and maybe even move it forward a little so the lever doesn't hit the tire when pushed back. I just have to learn to weld first. 

• Sad 3