top_cat

Kwik-Way Loader Help

top_cat

I've had my kwik-way loader on my 520h for around 15 years, one of the best attachment you can have for your tractor in my opinion. About 5 years ago my pump seized up. I found one with the mounting bracket and pulley from a 522 (newer style tractor). Here's the problem. The original pump which the numbers are no longer readable use to be able to lift the front end of the ground. The newer pump (C304 - F2) works ok but lacks the power to lift the front end and when in use hisses and makes noises. I've replaced and blead the hydraulic fluid and that didn't change anything. The pulley that came with the new pump is much larger than the old one I put back on and I'm assuming that the new pump has a lower GPH rating than the old one. I did call Kwik-Way and they didn't seem to know what the correct GPM pump to use.Does anyone know the correct pump to use for the loader, the correct part number or GPM. Has anyone got the correct replacement form Northern Tool? 

Thank in advance for any help and stay safe.

PS: I still have the front pump mount bracket and pulley for a 522 if anyone could use it, just pay for shipping or pick it up in Thompson, Ct.

photo (7).JPG

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

• Like 1

top_cat

I forgot to mention according to the Kwik-Way manuals both have the same numbers, Model #304 and part number 100943

WildmanC120

Can you put your smaller pulley on it?  Maybe you are under driving the pump compared to the machine it came off of and therefore not making the same pressure or flow it needs. 

JCM

@top_cat    Not sure if any of this info will help but here goes. The loader I sold  was a Model #  45-0821 with a Serial # of 1842. The pump was a #304 and the part # 100943 with a pulley # 17427. If there are any other Part #s you need just ask. Hope this helps.

P1012445.JPG

P1012449.JPG

top_cat

The smaller pulley is on and I do have the manual and  parts list. The pump numbers are the same but no manufacturer name. The smaller pulley is 4.5 & the larger is 6.5, probably a size difference for the PTO pulleys on the tractors. Still would like to figure out gpm for the pumps.

lynnmor

Here is a good discussion that might help you.  I have the same pump as you and it is getting lazy, so I might get the pump mentioned.

Pollack Pete

Can't rebuild the original pump?Kinda odd that a pump that pumps oil siezed up.What happened??Suck some crud into it??

top_cat

Thanks lynnmor I think your info will help. The old pump just seized up sitting idle, the fluid looked clean when I drained it. I'm assuming that these pumps can be rebuilt but I can't get it apart. Any suggestions?

wallfish

Have that same .517 pump since '08 and it's still running strong. Notice the GPM chart, you can adjust the GPM by changing the size of the pulley which changes the rpm. 4 GPM will run your FEL. Gallon Per Minute flow rate will only change the speed in which your cylinders move but the PSI pressure or force is the same.

Other places to look for lack of power is the control valve seals or cylinder seals. If the seals are leaking the fluid pushes past them and goes back into the return, that causes lack of power. If the FEL lift strength is much better than the down pressure, that indicates the pump pressure is good. If the bucket drifts fairly quick with the control valve still, that indicates leaking seals some where. 

top_cat

The old pump, until it failed could lift the front end off the ground. Now I have no problem lifting a bucket full of wood or mulch and everything has worked as it should since I changed it a few years ago. Maybe I'll just leave well enough alone for now.