JCM

Baja Tough 1991 520-H

JCM

I am sure some of you collectors have your share of WH literature and wondering what your thoughts are on the Baja Tough decal on the hood just forward of the louvers. On page 2 of the 91 Brochure which I have a pic of on here although not sure if it is legible what their reasoning was for placing that on top of the hood and the write up on the test drive in the Baja Peninsula. In the pic it looks like someone mixed up a little dirt and water in a bucket and tossed it at the tractor. Did they do this because the Model changed slightly from the 88 and 89 and maybe the 90 was not selling to their expectations and tried to push the 91 or something else. Also, if any members have original 91's does yours have this decal, just wondering if they all have this or not. The 91 brochure does not show a decal on it.  Thanks

Manual.jpg

Baja Story.jpg

Baja Decal.jpg

Edited by JCM
  • Like 6

ebinmaine

Neat find....

:popcorn:

Darb1964

I just picked up a 1991 520-H with that sticker on it. I was thinking someone just stuck it on. The sticker is not in good shape. The tractor was advertised as having a sized motor, but complete. Been sitting for five years, new back tires, swept front end, 1900 hours . Seat has a few cracks and arm rest, paint not bad some rust. Got it home put good battery in it, not even a click when I turned the key. Power at the starter crossed it with a screw driver and it turned over and wanted to start, I stopped and have not done anything else with it. I picked up a C111-8 three weeks ago that has been sitting a few years, has a Briggs on it. Have not had time for it either, hope to get to both soon. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

125 miles per day on a 520?  I wonder how many butts sat in the seat over 4 days?  That’s averaging 5.2 miles per hour constant.  I wonder if there’s any footage of it?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

dcrage

My 1990 310-8 has the Baja Tough insignia on it. 

Let me be clear. I purchased this 1990 tractor new in 1991 with this decal on it. 

Edited by dcrage
  • Like 2

lynnmor

Anyone can have a Baja Tough tractor with these decals.

• Haha 1