gwest_ca

Need some electrical help.

gwest_ca

Always bothered me to link diagrams to someone having trouble and some diagrams have a problem as well. Trying to sort them out.

This one had some of the ignition switch terminals labeled incorrectly. You will see the ones I changed.

To start out with the M G and R are shorted to ground in the OFF position. R carries the alternator output so wouldn't that be good on shut down. Originally the alternator output went to the A terminal on the switch. Should be M G and A shorted to ground I think. I changed the A and R switch labels in the main drawing.

The last page low oil circuit has problems I don't totally understand.

Any advice?Tractor 1987-88 312-8 DM p7-34 Color.jpgTractor 1987-88 312-8 DM p7-35 Color.jpgTractor 1987-88 312-8 DM p7-36 Color.jpgTractor 1987-88 312-8 DM p7-37 Color.jpg

• Like 1

953 nut

The owner's manual for my '93 310-8 has a very similar issue with the ignition switch layout.    Bad enough for someone who comprehends electrical wiring but very bad for someone who doesn't.

• Like 2

gwest_ca

The 4 pages as I posted them allowed me to see another error I missed.

The start circuit with oil level OK.

Many wire colors are hard if not impossible to read. Research other diagrams and one can figure them out but impossible to change the wire color labels. Easier to just color them and I think it will be a great asset for anyone that needs to use them.

Tractor 1987-88 312-8 DM p7-35 Color.jpg

• Thanks 1

clueless
12 hours ago, 953 nut said:

The owner's manual for my '93 310-8 has a very similar issue with the ignition switch layout.    Bad enough for someone who comprehends electrical wiring but very bad for someone who doesn't.

That would be me, Dick. Thanks Gary, I have a '88 312-8 and may need this down the road.