DET

FEL quick attach

DET

Just wondering if anyone has done a quick attach system for their front end loader. I would like to come up with a simpler way of installing/removing my bucket.

Thanks in advance for the input.

ebinmaine

I've never actually seen a wheel horse loader up close so I'm not familiar with how they're mounted.

For my Ferguson I have two buckets and a plow that can be changed out. It uses pins that are probably 1 inch in diameter?

Would something like that work?

DET

Eric,

I have the 4 pin system but am looking for something easier/lazier. Something like what is used on a skid steer, kind of like the pic below.

Image result for tractor bucket quick attach

• Like 1

sergeant

To Bad Don Moallstad sold Kwik-way He was always ready to Help On Ideas for Peoples Kwik-way Loader.s Which I assume You Have You Might get some good Ideas On Green Tractor Talk or MTF On MTF check In the Cub Cadet or Sears Craftsman Archives :handgestures-thumbupright:

DET

Thanks for the tip, l’ll have to do that.

mmmmmdonuts

I have been contemplating the same thing. I haven't done it yet but I asked the question in the past:

Part of the biggest issue on doing it on these tractors is the weight that a quick attach adds. If you figure it adds 100lbs+ of weight this detracts from the weight of the you can pick up from the bucket. On most of these garden tractors your talking of moving safely less than 500lbs. My bucket is 48" wide and I know if I fully fill it with dirt or sand it will be 500lbs+. 

At the same time, I use bucket pallet fork clamps, but would prefer to use a quick attach because it is much easier to use. I also would like to switch between a plow as well and possibly make it use a snowblower. But switching between forks and bucket would be my main use. 

WVHillbilly520H

Both of my SCUT/CUT (Kioti/Mahindra) are pin on buckets... But the whole loader frame is quick detachable.

IMAG2608.jpg

IMAG3000.jpg

DET

Mr. Donuts,

I am in the same boat as you. I don't have a set of forks but I do have a blade and a tiller that I mount on the frame. The extra weight is a concern but may be worth it.

Unlike WVHillbilly I just plan on leaving the loader frame on. I do have a deck for my 520xi but do my mowing with an Exmark zero turn.

mmmmmdonuts

I highly recommend forks, most useful attachment I have. 

At the same time, I do have a plow, and a snowblower that I could see potentially using this way. It could be very advantageous. Like you, I have another dedicated mower machine, and a plow/mower machine as well. 

Here is where I got my first inspiration for this idea. He has several videos in which he demonstrates different uses of the quick attach. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmskH8zk3os

Tractorhead

Built a bucket quickchanger myself.

not a hard thing, just flip 2 lockbolts and rest can simply done by Hydraulic.

i ain‘t like a handle, because the 2 lockbolts are easy to handle and reduces the Weight.

873229FD-3072-4497-AF75-18E0DBEEC4FA.jpeg.72ce56fdbbc8f24ad6c882c7f3d85899.jpeg

69D122EB-FF39-4D0A-A680-9795ADCBFA76.jpeg.c780e40c9c7b5c4f304b86646dc73392.jpeg

it‘s quite stable, so lift the Whole tractor with the Bucket can be done easy without any Troubles.

• Excellent 2

DET

Mr. Donuts,

I like what he has done on the video. Do you know if there is any stills/plans?

Tractorhead,

Do you have any more pics. of your quickchanger? I would like to see it fully hooked up as well. It does look like a fairly simple build, which is right up my alley.

I really love the ideas you can get from this site :)

wallfish

This style is fairly simple and light. The sizes of your loader pieces like the boom arms and cylinder rod ends determine the size you need to build it  :twocents-02cents:

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 1

mmmmmdonuts
1 hour ago, DET said:

Mr. Donuts,

I like what he has done on the video. Do you know if there is any stills/plans?

Tractorhead,

Do you have any more pics. of your quickchanger? I would like to see it fully hooked up as well. It does look like a fairly simple build, which is right up my alley.

I really love the ideas you can get from this site :)

Unfortunately no I don't have any plans for the videos. I found them one day searching. 

Thanks guys for the quick attach ideas. I like them a lot. 

Edited by mmmmmdonuts

DET

I decided to mimic the Kubota quick attach that Wallfish sugested. I bought two pieces of 6" x 9" x 2" rectangular tube. I had the metal shop I bought them from cut off one of the long ends where the corners are. i then had them put in a notch the same as 1-1/4" angle iron.

After that I only had to drill three holes on each piece and move the brackets on my bucket wider to fit the tube. This has made hooking up the bucket a lot simpler. Now I just have to come up with something for my plow and tiller. Thanks everyone for your ideas and input.

IMG_20200329_150721502_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200404_102432488.jpg

IMG_20200404_102454627.jpg

mmmmmdonuts

That looks great. I am going to have to look into adapting something like that for my FEL in my spare time. 

Also, what size are your FEL arms tubes? 1.5? or 2". Just trying to figure out sizing for mine arms with pins. 

Edited by mmmmmdonuts
Added last sentence

DET

They are 2"