Back on a horse

(Edited) Help with C-160 PTO fitment please.

Back on a horse

I'm looking for a PTO (Housing Clutch (Pulley) and Clutch Plate) for a C-160 8 speed Kohler.  I have found 2 from a 518-H ... one is a 1988 and the other is unknown.  Also found one from a 520-HC / 520-H, unknown year from Joe's Outdoor Power.  Toro Parts Tree lists the same part numbers for ALL of the tractors I have listed.  However, the C-160 parts tree shows some additional parts.  At the following link, the parts are (Spring, Thrust Washer, Races and Stud) 14-103, 14-104, 14-106 and 14-107 - https://www.partstree.com/models/1-0381-c-160-toro-lawn-tractor-1975/14-050-manual-p-t-o-fig-14b-13/

If I purchased a PTO from one of the other tractors, can anyone tell me if I would need those extra parts and where they would go?  Here is what I have on the C-160:

IMAG2836.jpg

Edited by Back on a horse

Back on a horse

For anyone interested, the Shaft-PTO (14-75) that connects to the hoop was upgraded on later models such that it could pull the Housing-Clutch (pulley) away from the clutch plate, therefore the spring and those extra parts were no longer needed to push the Housing-Clutch away from the clutch plate.  So if I buy one off of a 518 or 520 it should have the upgraded part.

I found the answer here: 

• Like 1

Racinbob

You might try contacting @rednos

He has a ton of NOS parts and I know some PTO parts are in his stash. :)

gwest_ca

The difference is in the #33 shaft the outer bearing mounts on. Now there is a #34 snap ring on each side of the bearing so the pto linkage pulls the bearing and hub away from the friction disc.

You will need most of these pieces.

Garry

Pto clutch bearing shaft New style.jpg

rmaynard

On a C-160 as opposed to later models such as 518, 520 etc., be sure that these parts are all present as well:

pto.png.e2d026211876b74433a3f7fb5c56b122.png