Stewrun

Seat for 416-8

Stewrun

Hi all. New to the forum. What would be your recommendation for an aftermarket replacement seat for my 1989 416-8?

F2532D68-2119-4F8C-9476-A8E7BA353B31.jpeg

peter lena

hello stewrun , i have 3 of these seats , they are the exact w/h bolt pattern ,  got them from agri supply, https://www.agrisupply.com/universal-tractor-seat/p/14119/?utm_source=Shopzilla&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=MerchAdv&zmam=77232640&zmas=1&zmac=15&zmap=14119   check out lower schematic on the seat page showing the w/h bolt pattern , very well made and lots of support , have a good Christmas , pete 

• Thanks 1

Stewrun

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Merry Christmas!!

Brian 

• Like 1

Back on a horse

My understanding is that seat from Agri Supply is injection molded and durable ... probably closed cell foam ... that is to say it is not constructed of a paper thin vinyl cover over open cell foam which absorbs water as soon as the thin cover gets compromised.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Here’s the seat I got from A-Z Tractor (a vendor on this site)... bolted right on...

:twocents-02cents:

050A0A24-92A7-4BBD-8113-5286541441F1.jpeg

• Thanks 1

MAWHguy2019

Does anyone sell OEM seats? I have a 312-8 with a decent seat but would like to keep it all original.

lynnmor
2 hours ago, MAWHguy2019 said:

Does anyone sell OEM seats? I have a 312-8 with a decent seat but would like to keep it all original.

The original seats were made by Michigan Seat Co. ( now Milsco), and production ceased years ago for the OEM seats.  The seat mentioned above from A-Z Tractor is about as close as it gets, but the bolt pattern may not be correct.  I don't know if A-Z is modifying the seats to suit.

tom2p
On 12/15/2019 at 5:45 AM, SylvanLakeWH said:

Here’s the seat I got from A-Z Tractor (a vendor on this site)... bolted right on...

:twocents-02cents:

050A0A24-92A7-4BBD-8113-5286541441F1.jpeg

is a factory / OEM Wheel Horse seat switch compatible with this seat ?

my 312-8 uses a switch that operates with the seat mount - but my 416-H appears to have a switch that fits inside the seat 

tom2p
3 hours ago, MAWHguy2019 said:

my guess

if available - an OEM seat would retail for $300 or more 

SylvanLakeWH
3 hours ago, tom2p said:

is a factory / OEM Wheel Horse seat switch compatible with this seat ?

my 312-8 uses a switch that operates with the seat mount - but my 416-H appears to have a switch that fits inside the seat 

Works on my 1982 C 105. Don’t know if it works for yours... I would contact AZ tractors...