troutbum70

Bearing in pto bell

troutbum70

Is this a one piece unit as there are no snap rings to keep things together, or can the the center be pressed out. Did not want to attempt if it's not meant to come apart. This is on my commando 800. Also included a picture of the 800 getting ready for winter snow removal. Anybody else getting ready?

IMG_20191018_141502883_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191018_114349664.jpg

IMG_20191018_114307073.jpg

• Like 2

76c12091520h

Separate pieces , should come out

• Like 1

troutbum70

Okay tnx I thought it looked as though it would, but the others I am familiar with were held together with snap rings. Any idea what the bearing number should be? 

Burnerman

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/toro-10110-1972-lawn-tractor-parts-c-121776_128672_128772.html

You can scroll to the PTO breakdown. It looks like there is a c clip in there. 
109842 is the toro on for that bearing. 
I needed 1 also. Just ordered 2 on flea bay for $15

Edited by Burnerman

squonk

Napa PP204RR6    or better grade P204RR6   Prime Line # 704250

• Like 2

adsm08
9 hours ago, troutbum63 said:

Also included a picture of the 800 getting ready for winter snow removal. Anybody else getting ready?

IMG_20191018_141502883_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191018_114349664.jpg

IMG_20191018_114307073.jpg

I'm straddling the line between summer and winter. Plow on one tractor, mower deck still on the other.

bjatzxq.jpg

• Like 1

troutbum70

My 417 has the mower on and it has mowing to do this week if time and weather co-operate.

troutbum70

Also they make a good looking pair. 

troutbum70

Every blow up I have looked at shows two snap rings a 3/4 inch and a 1 3/4 inch, this one has none and I put about 2 hundred foot pounds on that one to separate it and could not get it to budge. Guess I need to put 12 ton jack into action.

Burnerman

Every blow up I have looked at shows two snap rings a 3/4 inch and a 1 3/4 inch, this one has none and I put about 2 hundred foot pounds on that one to separate it and could not get it to budge. Guess I need to put 12 ton jack into action.

😮 

adsm08

This is why I own a 20T press. I don't mess around.

troutbum70

Always better to have to much rather than to little, which is normally my situation.

• Like 1

adsm08
3 hours ago, troutbum63 said:

Always better to have to much rather than to little, which is normally my situation.

Exactly.

I once took a wheel bearing up to a friend's place to use his 12T press on it. After we still had to get the torch out I went and bought the 20T. We haven't had an issue with hitting the pressure relief on a press since.

troutbum70

If I have to I have a friend that's a 25 or 30 ton press.

Burnerman

I was gunna mess with mine today on my 20t press  while I was pressing out spindle bearings. But after reading about the trouble you’re having but I chickened out. I have the new bearing coming. I’ll try it tomorrow after work and report back. 

lynnmor

Do not press the shaft in a new bearing if it is too tight, instead fit it properly so that it is a light press fit. 

troutbum70

I have a second pto bell that I just picked up a couple weeks ago, but the shaft is quite loose in the bearing. But bearing fits nice and snug in bell, the bell that came with the tractor the bearing is lose in the bell. So I was going swap bearings and shafts if I can get the shaft out of the bearing that came with the tractor, I really thought I should be able to press it out in a large vice. May try sticking it in the freezer over a night and see how that works.