clueless

Deck bearing ?

clueless

Is there a sealed bearing that can replace the 109966 deck bearings? My 1974 B-80 36rd deck had non greaseable bearings, and they lasted for years.

Edited by clueless

gwest_ca

I think the 109966 is a 6203 bearing. Add -RS for one seal and -2RS for 2 seals.

Bearing dimensions .669"x1.575"x.472" (17mmx40mmx12mm)

Garry

JoeM

Just bought 6 of these, for a 48 inch deck, from Ebay, Timken 6203-2RS-C3 Double Sealed Ball Bearing, 40mm x 17mm x 12mm, 6203-2RS $4.97 plus shipping. Might be able to do better if shopping around. Unbranded or knock offs are cheaper. Seem to be all Chinese made. I like sticking to SKF or Timken, just used those two brands when I worked and had no issues with quality.

pacer
2 hours ago, clueless said:

deck had non greaseable bearings, and they lasted for years.

Oh yes indeed!! I had a Yard Man for some 20+ yrs mowing with it a lot and it also had sealed bearings and IIRC I had one failure and changed them all out another 2 times when I had the deck down for other probs (aluminum spindles were prone to break)

So, for the last 3 times I have went into a horse deck I just use sealed (seems they come that way anyway and are told to remove the shields if needed) Am presently running a 48" on my D200 with about 4 yrs use on the sealed ones --- MUCH better than that grease glob packed in the spindle housings!!

• Like 1

FAST

Is this the sealed bearing size for all the spindles? I have a 42” deck on my c141. Looking to just have this not break down on me. I would rather do some preventive maintenance now so I can possible avoid a broken part. Thanks for the help.

pacer

Youre wise to do some 'preventive' maintenance -- especially if you have never went into your deck. If the bearing fails and is not caught quickly it can mangle the shaft and/or the housing. I would think that is the bearing you would use, they arent really all that expensive. Prowling the bay I found 10 of them for less than buying them one at a time -- 2-3$ apiece IIRC....

I get a ziploc bag and a paint paddle and start scooping that old grease out of the cavity - its usually a HUGE mass of it, and then with a roll of paper towels finish the clean-up ---- Ahhhh! Sooo much better!!

• Like 1

FAST

Thank you @pacer I know what I’m doing next week to the 141 deck