Racinbob

Flyovers

adsm08

C-130 Hercules. I don't know what's been up with them lately, but I've seen a lot of C-130s going low and slow lately.

A few months ago I saw one far off and I was sure it was a blimp because it looked like it was barely moving. As I got closer to the airport though I could see it was just doing circles at what has to be close to minimum airspeed.

• Like 1

Stormin

We get RAF planes over every so often. Mainly fighter jets on practice/training flights. Sometimes if there's an exercise on the Hercules. They come over that low at times, you can see the pilots.

About 20 yrs back, during a big exercise, six chinooks came over together at 1-30 am.  The noise was deafening. I reckon no-one was asleep between Carlisle and the Solway coast. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

dclarke

Last week one day these three bi planes flew over our house. They were all painted yellow and we’re flying pretty slow too. 

A4A58EAE-27DF-48D7-B570-321A4FAAE576.jpeg

Edited by dclarke
  • Like 6

adsm08

A few years ago I was sitting in the living room and the front window started shaking and a noise that sounded like thunder. I looked outside and there was a flight of two Blackhawks and five or six Apaches heading roughly along a line that would head from Indian Town Gap towards the area of the Maryland/Virgina military bases.

• Like 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, Racinbob said:

if it's practice runs

Probably is Bob. They used to fly low & slow like that through my area and what they where doing was practicing using the Fox River and other land marks for aids to navigation in case other nav aids did not work. Mostly C-130's and  A-10's. My house is very close to air routes from Milwaukee/Chicago to Minneapolis/St. Paul. We also had an military air base 100 miles away they used.

Haven't seen them in quite awhile :sad: so guessing they stopped doing it for one reason or another.

images.jpg

untitled.png

• Like 1

edgro

Had a couple A10's fly over low on 9/11 for memorial at capital, pretty cool

adsm08
3 hours ago, edgro said:

Had a couple A10's fly over low on 9/11 for memorial at capital, pretty cool

All out air traffic near me for weeks after 9/11 was A-10s.