WHX??

Finally a Blackhood ... I think??

Ed Kennell

You mean I should throw these in the scrap barrel.

IMG_7107.JPG.b3834a42edfb463203bdb9fdefc9e974.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

WHX??

I would never suggest that Ed! 

I got this seat and a nice square pan for Dan for the asking!

Don't know if you can make out the GE Electrac on it.

Dan note the Nelson muff laying in that pile. ...

20190825_162952.jpg

• Like 4
  • Heart 2

Chris G

Sounds like it was the place to be!!!

WHX??

Twas Chris .. a 551 Burb went for 1250 tho.. had a nice paint job but that was it. Had a freaking techy 115 volt snowblower transplant for a as advertised electric start! Along with other PO custom cobbles! Didn't have the heart to tell the guy @Shynon just sold a complete orginal 551 for alot less! 

Your gonna POed with me Denny @dclarke but a choice pair of LRs went for 50 bucks...:text-imsorry:.. things just went so fast didn't have time to drop a dime! 

Edited by WHX24
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, WHX24 said:

I finally scored on a blackhood.

:wwp:          Where are the pictures of the C-160?

9 hours ago, WHX24 said:

the GE Electrac on it.

There is a buyer out there someplace that would love to have that seat!        :bow-blue:

WHX??
6 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Where are the pictures of the C-160?

My bad Dick. Like I said this auctioneer flew so didn't have time to snap many pics. He had a good feel for how things were selling so there was like 5 seconds from last bid and he would drop the hammer. Not only that I was busy taking & texting pics of D250 stuff for some Iowa Horsemen brethren that are into them. I did score a whole pallet of Renault parts with some 3 pt. lift arms on it for them. A complete Renault motor went for 35 bucks!

Wasn't much left of a 160 anyways, I was lookin at it just for the thumper motor. It went for 150 I think, way over my limit of 100 for a non runner.

Surprisingly there were not many local RS members there and we have a few members in this area of WI.. Most of the folks  that were there are not :wh: collectors/restorers and many were not even familiar with them.  Might explain why the parts pallets went so cheap.. nobody but me and maybe one other guy could ID the parts. A buddy of Dan and I was there who is a Massey guy knew more about stuff than others. Guys were looking at the made for 250's only attachments and scratching their heads on how to make it work on their tractors. I asked the  guy that shelled out 1250 for the Suburban if he was into horses. He says he never heard of them before but thought they were cool. He bought one of the 250's and evidently had deep pockets!

No idea on what to do with the seat, garage art for now I guess. Other than barn dust pretty good shape. I didn't realize it said electtrac on it till I got it home and wiped it off.

Speaking of seats an unruly kid hopped on a tractor and started playing with knobs and hornets flew out from the seat and stung the him! Don't think that kid will be playing much more on a not his tractor!

Almost for got to say about this and I am probably gonna get my @$$ reamed good for letting this go but there was a NIB Nylint :wh: semi there. Box was looking a little ratty but ok shape.  I quit bidding at 60 and I think the price ended at 80. What reminded me of this is just saw one on flea bay for 180! Sorry fellas I'm a tractor not a toy collector!

Edited by WHX24
semi
  • Like 1