JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Toe nail fungus, remedies?

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok, this is about as non wheel horse as it gets. Who has a cure/ remedy for toe nail fungus? I stubbed my big toe on the bed post, midnight bathroom run. Got infected, jambed nail good. Went to Podiatrist yesterday, he fixes me up, says "by the way" your starting to get toe nail fungus on that nail. He wont give me meds for it because I am on a cholesterol pill, they work against one another. And the doc says none of the over the counter stuff works and he knows of no home remedies that work. Thats why I am asking here, who knows something that works? I see alot of stuff posted here over the years. A WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE on Red Square. Thanks guys, something I dont fell like dealing with down the old age road.   :text-woo:

Glenn

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Tuul Crib

It's funny that this subject should come up and you're right this is about as non-tractor issue topic as you can get .  Had a friend had the same problem and he told me that a gentleman told him to use Vicks vapor rub on the toe nail.  Before you put your sock on Work some Vicks vapor rub under the toenail for a few days. It helps me 

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

My wife has tried everything and nothing works. You just end up with ugly toe nails .

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

Dremmel tool once a month - medium grit - to keep 'em smooth and low... Call it a day...

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ed Kennell
1 minute ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Dremmel tool once a month - medium grit - to keep 'em smooth and low... Call it a day...

:text-yeahthat: Or if you're pressed for time,  HF has their 4 1/2" angle grinders on sale for $9.99.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

bc.gold

For nail fungus colloidal silver, stinky feet socks with nano silver.

Silver is one of the best anti bacterial agents, if the hospitals silver plated door handles etc. this would cut down on the spread of infections.

The anti bacterial  property's of silver have been known for a very long time.

The pioneers who traveled west would put silver coins in their water barrels to keep the water from spoiling. Back before there was refrigeration, people would put a silver coin in their milk jugs to keep the milk fresh longer

Edited by bcgold
  • Like 3

bc.gold
7 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

:text-yeahthat: Or if you're pressed for time,  HF has their 4 1/2" angle grinders on sale for $9.99.

Anthony Hopkins in the Worlds Fastest Indian uses an angle grinder. This is an excellent movie.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6oc7rt

• Haha 1

roadapples

1st thing I thought of was vinegar works for everything else...

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Take a two week vacation on the coast and walk barefoot in the salty surf for a couple hours every day.     It clears your toenails and your mind.

Worked or me.

Seriously,  I also am on cholesterol meds and can not take the internal meds to cure the fungus.    I have tried all the over the counter acids, and have found salt water soaking does better.

The problem is finding the time to soakem,   Hence, the beach vacation.

Oh, BTW, we do not want pictures.   :scared-eek:

Hey Ed, remember. We moved last year into our new home right across the street from the beach. I am now like a beach bum. Sandals or barefoot walking through the water. Fishing, soaking up the sun in a beach chair. So in a way I been doing the salt water thing. Dont worry, no pictures. I promise, its just a little sliver of a line. I want to get the jump on it. I might put my foot on the Wilton vice, try the angle grinder. Lol,  It is realxing by the water. 

:lol:        Glenn

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

formariz
11 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Take a two week vacation on the coast and walk barefoot in the salty surf for a couple hours every day.     It clears your toenails and your mind.

Worked or me.

Seriously,  I also am on cholesterol meds and can not take the internal meds to cure the fungus.    I have tried all the over the counter acids, and have found salt water soaking does better.

The problem is finding the time to soakem,   Hence, the beach vacation.

Oh, BTW, we do not want pictures.   :scared-eek:

Ed is absolutely correct. Back in the old days and still today ,here that is how that particular ailment was treated along with some others. People will even bring a five gallon bucket of sea water so they can soak their toes in it. It works. Prior to modern medicine it was remedies such as those that were used . There is now scientific proof that many of them work as described.

• Like 3

cafoose

image.png.221cd10a8e68790f2455cf8d9e375201.pngimage.jpeg.311d4e092f6b668ac9c7561e028869cd.jpeg

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Glenn, did you try calling a Tow Truck??   Seriously, do the salt water.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

formariz

@HorseFixer Glad to see you back and sorry to hear about the hardships. Yeaph this what we are reduced to :lol:. Been referring a lot to your old snowchucker posts. 

• Like 5

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:      Great to hear from an absent Red Square icon.    BTW Duke, where is the snowchucker?

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hey Duke, super good to see you. I am a stroke survivor myself, hang in there. Maybe we need a mefical thread, call it aches and pains....:lol:

So glad you stopped by.

Glenn

• Like 2

ohiofarmer

Hooflex by the Absorbine company

Order it online from Tractor supply

Side effects consist of a whinny when s good looking mare crosses your path

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

HorseFixer
On 8/26/2019 at 5:14 PM, Ed Kennell said:

:text-yeahthat:      Great to hear from an absent Red Square icon.    BTW Duke, where is the snowchucker?

I still love my Horses I have 3 a 522XI The Snow Chucker and the Senior. and MJ says that's Hers so there ya Go! 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1