Pullstart

C’mere deer!

Pullstart
39 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

Don't go seeing any deer with that drone now. You'll be in trouble.

really?  Even if I’m not hunting?

Pullstart

I am no professional, but from what little research I’ve done, I cannot fly my drone with intent of finding deer during the day of my hunt.  I can’t see much a difference between scouting from the air or from as many trail cameras as I’d like to place.  I’m open to being proven wrong and might even reach out to the local game warden. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
11 hours ago, adsm08 said:

Don't go seeing any deer with that drone now. You'll be in trouble.

What trouble?   I know it is illegal to hunt from motorized vehicles or to use electronic  devices to call or herd deer while hunting.

But is it illegal  to video deer from the air?

• Like 3

Darb1964
6 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

What trouble?   I know it is illegal to hunt from motorized vehicles or to use electronic  devices to call or herd deer while hunting.

But is it illegal  to video deer from the air?

Every state probably has its own laws or are working on them but I would guess that it would be unlawful to do it the same day you hunt. Unlawful if it harasses the deer. Something along those lines. 

• Like 3

midpack

Just dig a foundation! 

received_829469342618451.jpeg

20240804_115644.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

@midpack I agree, they love that fresh dirt!  Digging my water hole for them, they tore up the dirt before there was water in place.  Plowing my food plots, they were curios before I planted!  The backfill from my old water hole?  It’s become a social rub!

Pullstart

To be clear, I don’t want break any laws.  With the concern, a I have sent my local CO a message, asking for regulations on the subject.  I’ll refrain from flying near the deers for the time being.  

Ed Kennell

In Pee Aaa It is currently illegal for a hunter to not attempt to recover and completely use the meat from a harvested deer.     It is also illegal to use a drone and infrared cameras to locate the dead animal.

Try to understand the logic in that.        A local company was recently arrested for using a drone to locate a customers dead deer.    Our senseless deep state at work.

• Excellent 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Handy Don
14 hours ago, Pullstart said:

I can take sweet aerial pictures and videos

Need circles and arrows and explanations on the back for where Colleen spent the winter, etc.!

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

Need circles and arrows and explanations on the back for where Colleen spent the winter, etc.!

I drew Colleen into the picture.  Like Tracy Lawrence, in “Paint Me a Birmingham” when he sang “Can you paint me back into her heart again…” :handgestures-thumbupright:

Notice this is a scale drawing.  Only so much of her tires were exposed.  Hence they appear to be half moons, the rest was hiding in mud :lol:

Also shown in red, is the path we took during my last birthday celebration!

IMG_9112.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ed Kennell
37 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I drew Colleen into the picture.  Like Tracy Lawrence, in “Paint Me a Birmingham” when he sang “Can you paint me back into her heart again…” :handgestures-thumbupright:

Notice this is a scale drawing.  Only so much of her tires were exposed.  Hence they appear to be half moons, the rest was hiding in mud :lol:

IMG_9112.jpeg

Wow, that would have been my deer stand.   Add a 360 roof turret, a couple torpedo heaters, and cover it with a tank camo net.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
Posted (edited)

That would be a big net!

Additionally, I do believe we will employ Colleen during late doe, once the winter beats up the field a bit.  We’ll make sure to park her in a place we can have easy access and a good view of the field!

Edited by Pullstart

adsm08
21 hours ago, Pullstart said:

really?  Even if I’m not hunting?

I don't know. I just know Michigan has some weird laws about deer and drones.

• Like 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, adsm08 said:

I just know Michigan has some weird laws

Correct!