JCM

Turn Back Time

953 nut
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

The idea that any Horse-aholic would walk back in history, into a W-H dealership with unlimited funds, and leave there with only two tractors is simply a ridiculous notion.

:bow-blue:     A faulty formula will not produce a desirable outcome!         :scared-eek:      Silly of me to try to stay with the original premise.    :ychain:

Image result for faulty formula

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Docwheelhorse

An early 80's GT1600 8 speed with 48" plow, weights, chains and a Brinly hitch / the electric lift kit. For winter / woods work

An early 80's GT1800 hydro with 48" deck & the Powerflo bagger setup for mowing

If I can be a pig... a C160 just to have in case either of the others needed to go off line. A 1973--1976 with the gas tank under hood and flip up rear seat pan... no attachments neccesary.

Gotta love the Briggs flat twin and who can argue about a Kohler K341

Tony

Edited by Docwheelhorse
Spelling
  • Like 2

Ike

Probably just get two 520H’s.  One for work and one as a spare.  

Edited by Ike
  • Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

A 1054 with all the ground engaging implements (especially the Brinly PP-10HD) they have in the catalog and a blade.

A 520HC with a BIG 60” and a Berco Snowblower!

• Like 1

JCM

The C-160 definitely appears to be a popular model among the Members,it reminds me of a 520-H with simplified wiring and no forward swept axle, a very stout machine when life was simpler.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, JCM said:

very stout machine when life was simpler

Agreed.

That Cinnamon is a rugged beast...

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

C-85

I love this question, I've dreamed it many times!

When my family was a :wh:dealer we probably sold more C125-8s than all of the other ones.  I loved this tractor back then (it was easy to sell, it was just the right size for most folks), and still do, so my choice for my needs would be a C125-8 spd or just to make sure I had enough power the C145-8.

I have a C85 with a snow and some dirt plow and C105 with a 36" rear mower and they've done all kinds of work for me, especially the 8hp, I have beaten the heck out of that thing and it still goes!  That's what I've ended up with (used ones I've found) and made do with those, but have always wished for "MORE POWER!" :)

302438264_7-13-16pics348.JPG.1e043ef99793821a016d1cc0e544bf35.JPG

Go Black Hoods!

The biggest thing I had wished for :angry-tappingfoot: on these was a true locking rear end, I've always needed more traction, so it is time for a confession!  I've recently gone to the dark side and added a image.png.969c4578b78059914bc44bb3015c2b68.png BX2380 4x4 with a locking rear and FEL to our small fleet :text-imsorry:

C-85

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

JCM

@C-85   You speak of selling C 125-8 tractors more than the others. When I bought my 312-8 in 1989 my Dealer leaned to this model as his favorite and thought it would be a good fit for mowing a half acre and plowing a 150' driveway, but sitting pretty next to the 312 was a 520-H, If I could have afforded the extra $ I would have gone with that. He is still in business and we talk every so often, he asked me how many WH tractors I currently have and he smiles, then asked what model was my last one I bought and I told him a 1977 C-120-8 that he sold new and said that was his favorite of all the C series he sold. His comment when I bought the 312-8 was that it was a forever tractor with proper care, and I think he was right. And by the way, I also have another colored tractor in a different part of the Garage just to keep the peace between brands, so no need to apologize.

AHS

Ok, I gotta say my ‘73 14hp Eaton tranny, with a 42” RD. And a 416-8 with a tall shute... that would be my ideal setup!

CFF07EB9-9670-414F-89FA-C80CD405B3D8.jpeg

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

Well since I actually bought my anniversary 520H brand new in 1998 I would still get it with snow plow and 48" deck and a 523Dxi (as they were just coming into the dealerships) with a 60" deck and 2stage blower ... Maybe even a FEL as well... especially since it's so sweet to actually have 2 compacts with FEL.

client_PART_1489108222791_IMAG2970.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1

AHS
On 8/16/2019 at 7:41 PM, adsm08 said:

I dunno that you do need more than one. My dad did mowing, plowing, blowing, tilling, and towing for over 20 years with a single 310-8.

Exactly! My Dads got a 79 C101. Mowing, plowing and tilling. That’s me back in ‘85!

56529637-9448-43FC-B89B-99FCAB3AFBF6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Heart 4

AHS
On 8/29/2019 at 9:12 PM, WVHillbilly520H said:

Well since I actually bought my anniversary 520H brand new in 1998 I would still get it with snow plow and 48" deck and a 523Dxi (as they were just coming into the dealerships) with a 60" deck and 2stage blower ... Maybe even a FEL as well... especially since it's so sweet to actually have 2 compacts with FEL.

client_PART_1489108222791_IMAG2970.jpg

What’s FEL? I like the mahindra!👍 @WVHillbilly520H

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, AHS said:

FEL

Is Front End Loader

15 minutes ago, AHS said:

That’s me back in ‘85

Looks like you were a tad short on the "reach the pedals" end.

Awesome pic.

• Like 1

AHS
Just now, ebinmaine said:

FEL

Is Front End Loader

Looks like you were a tad short on the "reach the pedals" end.

Awesome pic.

Like my kids!!

WVHillbilly520H
59 minutes ago, AHS said:

Front End Loader like on my Mahindra

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack
4 hours ago, AHS said:

Exactly! My Dads got a 79 C101. Mowing, plowing and tilling. That’s me back in ‘85!

Please insert this picture along with any others you may have and your history with Wheel Horses in general in this thread...

I love that photo and i’d Love to hear more about the tractor and your early memories them...

• Like 1

adsm08
On 8/31/2019 at 7:11 AM, AHS said:

I was going through one of my grandma's old photo albums tonight and found a similar picture of myself, at about the same age, from the summer of 87 on my dad's Dynamark 1036, which was the last tractor he had before he bought the 88 310-8.

Parts of that Dynamark are still sitting around his property. After it was no longer worth fixing we tore it down and made a trailer out of the chassis.

• Like 1