JCM

Turn Back Time

JCM

If you could turn the clock back and had unlimited funds and walked into your local Wheelhorse Dealer what 2 Models, And I say 2 because who are we fooling that 1 is not enough and set 1 up for Winter duty and the other one for the other 3 seasons what Models would they be and what attachments would be included when your dealer dropped them both off in your driveway. I just came in from mowing the lawn and was thinking that I still enjoy mowing with the 312-8 as I did in 1989 when my dealer dropped mine off in front of the garage. What are your thoughts.     Thanks

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi

For winter work (plow or blower) I want a Charger/Electro. Hydro lift fast forward and backwards....10 pinion for traction

• Like 5

Stepney

I was about to state the above.. winter work I would have a 1968 Electro 12 with the blower, dozer, and full cab. Maybe opt for a radio too. 
A identical Charger would be an idea too, since the manual clutch was more gentle on the implements.. but either model, the 10-pinion just cant be beat in snow. 

For 3-seasons, I think I would go with a GT-1848, or perhaps a 414-8. Fitted with a power bagger and a 48" deck. Would also probably order a BerCo 2 stage blower.. just to stick on the 1968 Electro:D

• Like 4

Wishin4a416

416-8 and GT 1848

• Like 4

pfrederi
2 minutes ago, Stepney said:

I was about to state the above.. winter work I would have a 1968 Electro 12 with the blower, dozer, and full cab. Maybe opt for a radio too. 
A identical Charger would be an idea too, since the manual clutch was more gentle on the implements.. but either model, the 10-pinion just cant be beat in snow. 

For 3-seasons, I think I would go with a GT-1848, or perhaps a 414-8. Fitted with a power bagger and a 48" deck. Would also probably order a BerCo 2 stage blower.. just to stick on the 1968 Electro:D

I agree for a blower a manual PTO is much better!!!

• Like 2

rjg854

2 C-160 autos

One with a tall chute blower 

And a 48" deck , a 48" dozer blade 

• Like 4

953 nut

Needless to say the first choice for me would be a 953!   :confusion-confused:    Perhaps if the dealer were to drop off one of each of the items in this picture that would be nice!

2005132374_953brochure.jpg.6e819b386c0a90029a0b21c1d71354a8.jpg

As for the second choice,   what the heck     just double the order!           :text-goodpost:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

12 hp Kohler

For winter I would have a d200 with front end loader, 3pt, rear pto, plus snow plow and 2 stage blower that I could switch out. For summer I think I would have a electro 12 with 48” deck, hubcaps all around, radio, plus all the Brinly ground engaging attachments and a tiller. 

If I just wanted something super cool but not really practical i would get a senior or lever steer and an rj 25 or 35. 

• Like 5

WHX??

Yah good thread JC..

Same as Dick's 953 pick but throw in a sickle bar. No brainer ther.:lol:

2nd Choice a little tougher enymeanieminymo between  a decked out 520 snow machine or C-160 snow beast.:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

prondzy

A senior and a 1046

• Like 2

oliver2-44

A 1054 with front and rear weights, 4 wheel wagon, plow, disc. dozer blade, grader blade.

518H with mower deck and sickle bar. (or a C160H)

and a Lever Steer Senior

and a RJ35

and...........

I can't stop at 2

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

ZXT

My driveway would look extremely similar to the way it does now - except for having quite a few more implements!

I'd want a GT-14, with a tiller, blade, wheel weights, mower deck and sickle bar mower. Not exactly sure why I want a sickle bar mower so bad, but I do.

I'd also want a C160 Hydro with the same as above. 

Not sure how I could go wrong with that setup. Both tractors are extremely capable machines. I'd love to have an RJ for looks, but as far as capability, a C160 or a GT-14 is hard to beat. 

• Like 5

WildmanC120

I think I would get either two C-195's or a 195 and a 520h.  

The 520 or one of the 195's would be mowing detail with the 60" deck.  The other 195 would be for the rest of the work.  Snow blowing, tilling, flail mower, York rake.  All that good stuff.  

• Like 3

posifour11

If I could find a way..... Bonus internet points for anyone who gets that!

I'd go for a C-160/61 and a super C! 

I'd love to have any of the D series, but I've sadly learned of their downfalls. 

Just my 1.3 cents. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Herder

Boy this is a tough one.  I would ether be to young or hadn't been thought of yet. Hum, not so shore that I was thought of.  Your right you cant have just one.  A 953 with all the ground engaging attachments and a C-160 with attachments to be used year-round.   

Edited by Herder
  • Like 3

adsm08

I dunno that you do need more than one. My dad did mowing, plowing, blowing, tilling, and towing for over 20 years with a single 310-8.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
29 minutes ago, adsm08 said:

need

Tomay-to/ tomah-to

We WANT a whole pile of 'em...

I guess I'd choose what we have here....

Trina's new "go-to" is the 867 brought to us by @buckrancher and Mrs buckrancher.

And of course the C160.

• Like 3

c-series don

I’m thinking a C-161 automatic for year round chores and a 420-LSE to look at and show! 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

:eusa-hand:  Wait, what?  :scratchead:

Having only two :wh:'s...

would just piss me off.  :angry-banghead:

• Haha 5
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

@posifour11  I refrained from looking at this thread, in fear of a Cher moment!  

Though I’m with Craig, I can’t imagine only picking two,  I would go for the cool factor of a Senior (lever steer or not) and an RJ-35.  Also a 953, 1045, 502, and a Raider 12 most likely.  Plus a 701, another 502, 1054, GT-14, C-160, and anything else I could get on the truck in less than 20 trips.  They’d need to be decked out with chains, ground engaging attachments and a @buckrancher stainless deck for each.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

953 nut
On 8/18/2019 at 12:34 PM, AMC RULES said:

Having only two :wh:'s...

would just piss me off.

3 hours ago, pullstart said:

I can’t imagine only picking two,

You two are becoming a bit Acquisitive there!  :confusion-confused: Conceptually receiving two NEW :wh: is unsatisfactory to you.  :confusion-questionmarks:               :ychain:

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

Two C-105’s with all the fixens...

Same parts, same tractors, same maintenance, same look...

Boring yes, but simple...

Love the Black Hoods! :ph34r:

:twocents-02cents:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Yes, considering the premise...you're exactly right Richard.

The idea that any Horse-aholic would walk back in history, into a W-H dealership with unlimited funds, and leave there with only two tractors is simply a ridiculous notion.   

AIn't gonna happen, and you darn well know it.  :angry-nono:

• Haha 3

The Tuul Crib
8 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Yes, considering the premise...you're exactly right Richard.

The idea that any Horse-aholic would walk back in history, into a W-H dealership with unlimited funds, and leave there with only two tractors is simply a ridiculous notion.   

AIn't gonna happen, and you darn well know it.  :angry-nono:

:text-yeahthat:

Pullstart

That’s pretty much just my list... forgot a FEL and backhoe attachment!  

Then there’s Mrs. Pullstart and the girls, I’m sure they would have a list of their own!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1