'77 C120

1977 C120 Value

'77 C120

I have a 1977 C120 and am looking to sell it. It is in good running order and everything works. It has a 1 bottom plow, cultivators, a mower deck with a power blower that goes into a covered trailer, a roto tiller, a snow blower, full cab, and other items I am sure I am forgetting. Just looking for a starting asking price for the tractor.

stevasaurus

OK...I don't usually do this without pictures, but if you were going to look for and buy this stuff, here is what would be close (depending on appearance and shape).  :eusa-think:

1977 C-120............$400 to $700

1 bottom plow.........$150

cultivators...............???  need picture

mower deck...........depends on size..42".....maybe $100

power blower and trailer.....???

roto tiller..................$350

sno-blower.............2 stage??  $300

full cab..................??

other items............??

• Like 2

Goofey

I would think 1500 was a fair price for it all if all good and OK.

• Like 1

ZXT

Steve is pretty well spot on.

That being said, we really need  pictures of all of the items, and need to know how the tractor runs, and if all of the attachments are operational.

There is one thing I will mention - I would gladly pay twice Steve’s estimate for a good 42” mower deck if I needed one.

• Like 3

stevasaurus

@ZXT  Right about the mower deck.  I know, at the show (where there are a lot of decks) $100 may work...but a 42" in good shape would command another $100.  :handgestures-thumbupright:   Pictures are worth a 1000 words...videos are worth 10,000 words.

• Like 6

WHX??

:WRS: '77

In our area horses are not appreciated like they are else where. Folks in WI here, especially the younger crowd are going to go get a big box cheapy or stick with a brand name that is still around from a reputable dealer that has been around awhile and can offer service after the sale. Also they might not be looking for all the (nice) attachments you have.  

That said you put it all on CL for say $1500 you might eventually get it from an avid gardener but you will be sitting on it awhile. Another thing value hinges on, with us :wh: :occasion-clown:s anyway, is how well was it taken care of by you and previous owners.

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 3

stevasaurus

@WHX24... I was wondering what the Mafia was going of think about this.  Maybe invite @'77 C120 to Portage next weekend to see what he has.  Maybe he would not want to get rid of it after spending time with us.  :occasion-xmas:

• Haha 2

squonk

Tractor  $300-$700

plow $100-$150

Cultivators Rear v type  $100-$150

Rear Wh cults straight   $125-$175

Mid cults  $100-$150

Mower deck $200-$275

Blower and Trailer $250-$300

Tiller $275-$350

Snow Blower $100-$375  (Style and shape) :)

Cab $250-$350

stevasaurus

@'77 C120  Squonk is in New York...I am in Illinois...Wisconsin could demand different prices then what we are showing.  That is why pictures are so important.  All of what we posted is Hog Wash with out seeing what we are talking about...and when someone comes to really look at what you have...it will be about what you will let it go for and what some one will give for it.  Sounds like he should come with a big trailer.  :orcs-cheers:

• Excellent 1

RandyLittrell

And some of those items listed you can't find west of the Mississippi! 

Randy

• Like 1

'77 C120

I will get some pictures and post them (hopefully before or on the weekend). Everything works as it should and the tractor runs like a dream. I hate to get rid of it. I wanted to restore it but I don't have the time or room to do it.

• Like 2

RandyLittrell
25 minutes ago, '77 C120 said:

I will get some pictures and post them (hopefully before or on the weekend). Everything works as it should and the tractor runs like a dream. I hate to get rid of it. I wanted to restore it but I don't have the time or room to do it.

Perfect, don't restore it! Just enjoy the heck out of it knowing that you would have to spend 20 grand to buy thee equivalent new! You will kick yourself in the biscuits later if you sell! 

Randy

stevasaurus

Do not list what is for sale on the Main Page...use the Classifieds and the rules when and if you decide to let it go.  WITH PICTURES!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

The Tuul Crib
48 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

And some of those items listed you can't find west of the Mississippi! 

Randy

Or south of the mason dickson line either!

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Looks like there is a market.  The prices that I showed are for where that stuff is not hard to come by.  Obviously, to get it to Texas or south of the Mason Dixion or west of the Mississippi you would have some money involved...sounds like you have a chance to meet some interesting members.  Enjoy the trip!!  Good people here.  :orcs-cheers:

JCM

Welcome to REDSQUARE.  I say don't restore it, just clean it up, paint the rims and enjoy and it will look like this one.

DSCN0125.JPG

Racinbob

I'm thinking the prices Mike posted are in line but, as others said, pictures are needed. One big question mark is the blower and trailer. There's a wide variance in styles. Perhaps it's like this:

408930883_mownvac.jpg.04d246a347639ac9dfa2c9103a04dd40.jpg

If so it's worth $700-900. I recently sold one that was left here when we moved in. Went for $800 with multiple callers. :)

• Like 1

Wilko

Dear all 

i was wondering what the price is for my value wheel horse c120 

20230417_172936.jpg

20230417_172925.jpg

Sparky
3 hours ago, Wilko said:

Dear all 

i was wondering what the price is for my value wheel horse c120 

Saw a similar situation on FB recently. 
  Your PTO and PTO engagement parts are all missing and I don’t see the lift lever. So basically all it can do it tow a yard cart. All those missing items really lessen the value. 
  Personally I wouldn’t buy it for any reason but if I was it would have to be under $200. 

• Like 1