Pullstart

Travel woes... not even Wheel Horse related :(

Pullstart

Well, we’ve made it about 125 miles in 3 hours and 40 minutes.  We stopped at a service plaza to dump our RV tanks and realized our “trunk” on the camper had busted off.  Our hoses, dump hoses, power cords, some tools,roadside repair fluids, hand wipes, sanitary gloves, jack, the girls’ tire chains, off he top of my head are gone.  I hope it slid into the ditch and caused no harm.

so, we took a detour to find a Walmart that we could get essentials to get back on the road. 

We also found out this morning there is a foo of water in our basement and my father in law is working to pump it out for us.  

I pray this is the end of our bad news :(

• Sad 14
  • Heart 1

SylvanLakeWH

Not good...

Hope you get home safe and the water is gone by then...sump pump fail?

Bummer all around...

• Like 1

JAinVA

Kevin that sucks! Road trips can be really bad some times.I have had some like yours so I feel for you.Hope you guys are alright.Please let us know when you get home safely.Luck JAinVA

• Thanks 2

oliver2-44

Prayers sent for safe travels.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

WVHillbilly520H

Sorry to hear that Kevin hope the rest of your trip home goes much better, I'm glad we finally got to meet in person today.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

stevebo

Sorry to hear that. Even with all that I know the look on the girls faces riding those tractors around was more than worth it!!

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

BHunter

Sorry to hear that Kevin. I hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly and your flood damage isn’t too bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dells68

I’m so sorry buddy!  I think this year’s show and company was one of the best and then you have all of these troubles.  We’ll say a prayer that you have smooth sailing the rest of the way.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I hope the rest of your trip is safe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hp Kohler

Sorry to hear Kevin. Hope things get better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto

That blows Kevin! :( I hope that the rest of your trip goes well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

We made it into OH and are parked at the Service Plaza for the night.  All those sleeping trucks!

343EEA28-66C1-49EF-AC5C-6B131A17CDA9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

Jennifer

Get some rest and remember you and your family are safe and unharmed the rest of the stuff is replaceable!  It’s not great having to replace things but at least your family and you had a great time and are ok!  Praying for you!  We made it to Chris G’s in New York picked up the beautiful 702.  Staying at camp grounds up by niagara Falls daughters birthday was today!  Had great time at the show!

Edited by Jennifer
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Tractorhead

Hey Buddy, sorry to hear.

Who did a trip has something to tell... even if it‘s worse...

keep your Head up.

i know it‘s not realy a consolation, but more important is, all of you are Well.

Things can be repaired, but personal injury is more worse.

Wish you a safe travel back home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

rjg854

Sorry to hear of your woes Kevin, like everyone else before me has stated, I'll pray the rest of your trip home is a safe one, with no more problems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
8 hours ago, Jennifer said:

Get some rest and remember you and your family are safe and unharmed the rest of the stuff is replaceable!  It’s not great having to replace things but at least your family and you had a great time and are ok!  Praying for you!  We made it to Chris G’s in New York picked up the beautiful 702.  Staying at camp grounds up by niagara Falls daughters birthday was today!  Had great time at the show!

We told the girls just that, nobody was hurt, our animals are ok, things can be replaced.  Happy Birthday, little miss!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Heart 1

tunahead72

@pullstart I like to think that reassuring our kids when things start to go wrong is one of the most important things a dad can do.  I don't even remember when I first started to say it, but my now-22-old daughter is very fond of reminding me of my words that "it's all part of the adventure".  Sounds like you've got that part covered, good luck and have fun with the rest of your trip!

And I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you at the show this year, maybe next year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Pullstart

We’re home all, now cleanup time.  Be safe everyone!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Heart 1

stevasaurus

I had to go by you some where along the trip.  I kept looking, but I did not know you had some issues on the road.  You must have left before me.  We left a 2:00 AM this morning (Sunday) from the motel and had the road to ourselves until sun-up.  Where do you think I might have went by you??  :confusion-confused:  I did not see any wreckage on the road, but we were going around Pittsburgh when it started to get light.

Pullstart
13 minutes ago, stevasaurus said:

I had to go by you some where along the trip.  I kept looking, but I did not know you had some issues on the road.  You must have left before me.  We left a 2:00 AM this morning (Sunday) from the motel and had the road to ourselves until sun-up.  Where do you think I might have went by you??  :confusion-confused:  I did not see any wreckage on the road, but we were going around Pittsburgh when it started to get light.

We left the fair grounds about 4:15 or so.  It was somewhere between the show and shortly onto the turnpike about 20 miles...

BHunter

Glad you made it home without and other problems. 

• Like 1

953 nut
4 hours ago, pullstart said:

We’re home all, now cleanup time.  Be safe everyone!

Hate to hear about this, but glad all are safe and hope the box fell harmlessly to the roadside.     :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

LengerichKA88

Just now seeing this.... sorry that everything went to poop at once, but like you and others have said: no one was hurt. 

It also helps to have a FIL who knows a thing or two and that you can stand 😂. Those are few and far between. 

• Thanks 1