Hurley1

1960 suburban 400

953 nut

image.jpeg.1c014c3637c3e13bed5c1d0cf565de21.jpeg

I wouldn't have them touch the engine with the exception of oil change, cleaning the ignition points and a new spark plug. The dealer probably drained the fuel system and it will probably start right up. If anything leaks they could repair that.

• Like 4

Hurley1

Thanks for the advice. I could believe how good of shape the deck is in. And with sharp blades!

• Excellent 2

wallfish

Wow is right if that's all original paint. You might want to go back and see if they have the belt guard.

The Tuul Crib

Polish it and park it !! Wow!

• Like 1

Hurley1

It is all  original and in  excellent shape! 

I did ask about the belt guard and the seller had no idea about it. If any has one for sale I’d be willing to buy it plus a plow and fenders if possible.

but after I get it going. Sadly to say to some members. I plan on mowing with it like it was a 2020  Lincoln   Navigator !

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ZXT

Personally, I'd change the oil in it, file the points and pull on the rope. It'll probably start right up, since it's never had a hint of the garbage ethanol gas we have now days. Its easy enough to grease it yourself. 

Are you going to mow with it or just have it around to look at? If you aren't going to use it much, I'd probably leave the belts alone. They're probably the originals.

oliver2-44

That's a nice looking Suburban. Does it have a serial number on the aluminum plate below the steering wheel.  This picture is of a a reproduction plate.. 

1945078981_WHSuburbanserialnumberplate.jpg.256d18ae245ea494d9374ca36577d0f3.jpg

Hurley1

Yes. I do plan on mowing with it. And in style to!

i plan on saving the belts ..they have the logo and part number on them. 

Oliver2-44 no mine doesn’t have a number as I can see.

just wondering. What would be a fair price for a tractor in all  original condition  Like this one?

after I get off of work today I’ll post a couple of pics I have questions about.

thanks guys

Hurley1

I would be looking to purchase a belt  guard, snow/dirt plow and fenders. If you have or may know someone that would be willing to sale it. Let me know.

Thanks

oliver2-44
7 hours ago, Hurley1 said:

Oliver2-44 no mine doesn’t have a number as I can see.

If you have that plate, I'm betting theirs a serial number on it.   I have a plate that was rusted, but after sanding I can just read the numbers with a light on it.  Sand/polish the area the number should be in with very fine wet/dry sand paper. The original WH number was a light stamping. It's numbering was not near as deep as the reproduction one that appears to have numbers machined on a CNC machine.