Achto

I'd like to introduce "Radpferd"

953 nut
11 hours ago, Achto said:

some one had left the key on after shutting the engine off.

One of the farms I worked at years back had several Kubota diesel tractors and workers who didn't seem to mind abusing them. I added a flashing red light to the rear of each one so I could tell which ones had the key on. Saved a lot of hassle.

• Like 4

Tractorhead

But it was honestly worth.

pretty work all in all.

can you handed me the exact type of! Enigne, then i will try to get some info‘s for you about the Engine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Achto
40 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

can you handed me the exact type of! Enigne

IMG_20190426_194124869_HDR-min.jpg.0bfdb2aa90a512f8acce600d73378efd.jpg

Tractorhead
8 hours ago, Achto said:

IMG_20190426_194124869_HDR-min.jpg.0bfdb2aa90a512f8acce600d73378efd.jpg

Here is the Main page with all possible info‘s.

https://www.hatz-diesel.com/en/products/diesel-engines/b-series/1b40/

if you can‘t reach the sites, i can download it and sent you by mail.

Got 2 shots for you

https://www.hatz-diesel.com/fileadmin/user_upload/hatz-diesel.com/betriebsanleitung/b/ebook_BA_1B_43380213_EN.pdf

https://www.hatz-diesel.com/fileadmin/user_upload/hatz-diesel.com/betriebsanleitung/b/ebook_BA_1B_43381518_EPAIV.pdf

https://www.hatz-diesel.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Hatz_data_sheet_B-series_2019-04_en_70252829.pdf

cad drawings in pdf

https://www.hatz-diesel.com/fileadmin/user_upload/hatz-diesel.com/EBZ/1B/EBZ_1B40.pdf.

and as DXF file

https://www.hatz-diesel.com/fileadmin/user_upload/hatz-diesel.com/EBZ/1B/EBZ_1B40_2012-07-19_DXF.zip

And 

https://www.hatz-diesel.com/fileadmin/user_upload/hatz-diesel.com/download/Verhaltenskodex/Code_of_Conduct_Verhaltenscodex_EN.pdf

Equipped with that info‘s you should probably become in short a professional in Hatz Diesel.😂

they‘re very helpful if toubles occur- they have a top level Service.

Good choice👍

By the way, thy’re just about 160km far from me, so theyre  nameplate have a small mistake in,

it should not be Made in Germany, it shoud be Made in Bavaria...😎😂

Edited by Tractorhead
Added Basement site
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 2

Achto
1 hour ago, Tractorhead said:

Equipped with that info‘s you should probably become in short a professional in Hatz Diesel.😂

they‘re very helpful if toubles occur- they have a top level Service.

Good choice👍

WOW! Thank you so much for all the information!!

I was confident that the Hatz engines were good quality. When the company I work for (Baldor at the time) used them in generators I don't think that we had one engine related issue return from a customer.

• Thanks 1

rjg854

That sure is one slick looking tractor, great job!

• Thanks 1

Tractorhead
2 hours ago, Achto said:

WOW! Thank you so much for all the information!!

I was confident that the Hatz engines were good quality. When the company I work for (Baldor at the time) used them in generators I don't think that we had one engine related issue return from a customer.

Here in Germany, the Hatz is the most common Smallengine Diesel you can find.

They‘ll be used in several envoirements like Generators, Vibro plates, small boat engines, Standallone Engines,

Small Gardentractors and something others, wherever you need a powerful and reliable small Engine.

The fireup „rituals“ are depending on wich modelyear you have, they exist since 1880 and are maybe one of the oldest

German Enginemanufacturer they actual still exist and they will be Worldwide available.

The oldest Hatz i‘ve seen starting was a smallengine in an 2-Wheeler tractor made in 1956 by a fella,

he got this tractor from his Grandfather, who’s found in his barn.

We just change the Dieseloil, service the Engineoil and give him a try.

Honestly nobody of us believe this thing will anytime run without any big issues.

Fireup was just push the decompressor, crank the Driveshaft (manually, like the old Ford mod.A) 

and then just close decompressor. Than the Engine runns no further Service was made ahead.

That was in 2010, after a stop for 20Years... and this Engine is still in use sometimes.

That impresses me realy.

There was sure alternatives, but one thing is allway‘s given, a 100% reliability, that is what „Hatz“ stay‘s for.

So you definitely made a real good choice.👍

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, Achto said:

ebinmaine seemed interested in the battery box

Thanks for showing that Dan!

I am for several different reasons and also the other person I mentioned above. @p38js

I very much enjoy seeing the build sequence on the rigs.

Also:

I'm looking at a couple projects in the fall/winter that would likely require the battery to be relocated.

In all seriousness... If I had a tenth of your talent and fab ability I'd be dangerous.

:banana-wrench:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Sarge

I operate quite a variety of Hatz powered plate compactors - from the smaller single cylinder versions up to the 3 cylinder monsters that weigh around 3,500lbs. Never have had one single problem with those engines regardless of temperature or how they are treated - which, in most cases - is very poorly. Most have service dates marked on the machine - it is nothing to see one being used that hasn't been touched in 5yrs or more. Their best engine is a larger V-twin version - you should hear one of those at full song and pulling against the governor. I'd give my right arm for one of those V-twins - talk about a mean replacement engine for a D-200 or something, lol...

Sarge

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 2

RandyLittrell

What is the brand on the tires? And are those 12" wide rims? I bought 26's that look like those but I haven't mounted them yet, interested to see what they will look like on 10" wide rims verses 12's. Thanks. 

OK, edit.....I see the post on the wheels. Looks like I have the same tires and they are small for the listed size, but will work just fine for what I wanted. 

I made my first puller wheels the same way, just with a 122 cub instead!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B076CRS5V1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the one I bought, but were just $165 when I bought them.

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
I'm an idiot
  • Like 1

RandyLittrell

Did that seat come on a wheel horse? Cubs had a very similar seat just white instead of black. 

6GDkDap.jpg

Randy

• Like 2

Achto
7 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

What is the brand on the tires? And are those 12" wide rims?

The brand name on the tires is Schnef  (Amazon deal). I took 4 7.5" wide rims to make 2 11" wide rims. The tires state that they should be mounted on 10.5" rims so I would think that 10" rims would be fine.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 3

Achto
1 hour ago, RandyLittrell said:

Did that seat come on a wheel horse? Cubs had a very similar seat just white instead of black. 

The seat is a "Ohio Rubber" seat. The only factory application that I have seen for these seats is on the Cub Cadet 102 and only in white. Where this black one came from is but a mystery. Ohio Rubber must have sold some as after market.

• Like 3

RandyLittrell

Thanks @Achto  My tires look very similar and I didn't think I was going to like them, but after seeing yours mounted, I think I they will be great!! 

Your tractor came out super sharp and the height distance on the hood is not noticeable at first glance, love the wheatland look!! I great up mostly in western Kansas where they are quite plentiful!

Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell
  • Thanks 1

PeacemakerJack

Dan—a magnificent job as always!  It has been so hard to keep quiet on this one over the winter:shhh: However...the big reveal is finally here and everyone seems to like it as much as I figured they would.  I think it is a tough looking machine and that engine is “too cool for school”!  You know how I like smokers and that DinoBurner is one sweet engine.  I also like the balance that you created with the well planned tire size/combo along with the custom touches everywhere!  I also got to send a big shout out to Terry @Vinylguy for another stellar graphic performance—well done sir.

in keeping with the Wheatland theme...Uncle Bob just finished a two year restore on this Case 930.  

7A5AE25F-D378-4ED2-861A-F586F8C73C38.jpeg.868bf8fc2527e1bb869048e84640d1da.jpeg

it looks pretty much stock but he did a bunch of engine modifications that should put him north of 100hp by a bit!

49F2B041-79C1-4497-B021-40F40FCEE187.jpeg.61f0b93945ead66ea91339baca979321.jpeg

He did the best on this restore of any that I’ve seen him do!  I love how Radpferd has the similar low slung wide look of these Wheatland machines.

The big question Dan is—will Radpferd draw more attention than the RatRod at the shows???:confusion-confused:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

Achto
21 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

The big question Dan is—will Radpferd draw more attention than the RatRod at the shows???:confusion-confused:

Not sure. I am kind of interested to see how well he'll do in a furrow though.:)

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Heart 1

19richie66

Can’t add many more compliments than have been given already. Dan, that is fantastic. Beautiful job my friend.👍👍

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stormin

Lovely job. Wasn't sure about the fat tyres, but they're growing on me.

The Case in the last photo is a beauty.

• Thanks 1

953 nut
4 hours ago, Stormin said:

fat tyres, but they're growing on me.

Sort of like a "Queen" song!   Related image              :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Achto
4 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Related image       

:ROTF:

• Haha 3

WHX??

Excellent Richard.... if I could find that pic of Howard's "Fat Betty" now would be the time!

• Haha 5

Jennifer
On 4/27/2019 at 9:17 PM, Achto said:

Some pictures of the remaining fab work that was done.

The fuel tank required a bung for the fuel return line. I searched several sites for some thing that could be welded or soldered in. Having no luck I decided to make one from a piece of 1" stock. I turned most of it down to 5/8" diameter, leaving a 1/16" thick lip on one end at 1" diameter. Then it was drilled & taped to 1/8" NPT. When completed a 5/8 hole was drilled into the top of the tank and the bung was silver soldered to the tank.To test it I screwed a plug into the bung, filled the tank 3/4 full, and set it on end. No leaks after 3 days.:handgestures-thumbupright:

IMG_20190110_154550464-min.jpg.9af8037eedb808be113e30450d34fb67.jpg 

the parking break was missing, Jim @WHX22 had one that I used for a pattern to make a new one. Instead of a single notch on the bottom catch part, I decided to do a multi step set up like the later ones have.

IMG_20190120_154455890-min.jpg.d0226ed891f74c6b118abc6bbc2ccbb3.jpg

Seems :wh: never used this engine, a belt guard was not to be found. This one is made out of 16ga sheet metal. The front tab for the engine is not in this pic but it was made from 14ga metal.

IMG_20190103_164457722-min.jpg.26b166ac87dbf12915578749f95dca3f.jpg

@ebinmaine seemed interested in the battery box. This was a bit of a challenge as there was not much room for the battery. The upper portion of the stop for the lift handle also had to be trimmed back in order for things to fit.

IMG_20190101_105051958-min.jpg.35cc9ecd948afeb118b03fa0ef8cde1f.jpg

IMG_20190101_105109891-min.jpg.ec1afc4df008f4c9e9b19cd623869248.jpg

All of the mounting ears on the tool box were removed to fit the rear fenders. The rear ones were repositioned  then welded back on. New ears were made for the front to accommodate a change in the mounting surface towards the front of the fenders.

Warning !! The following picture may scar some of you for life, as some things can not be unseen.

IMG_20190203_084106492-min.jpg.bcef62fc13bf2174902dfc93bc4413bf.jpg

Sorry you had to see that.:(

The hood and grill must have separated at one time. A  P.O. had drilled holes & bolted it back together. This certainly would not do.:eusa-naughty: Holes were drill trough the grill portion and the hood was welded back on using the drilled holes for blind welds.

IMG_20190203_115830799_HDR-min.jpg.c8cbe0119aa654836e7e8da9723fcf31.jpg

At this point  the entire tractor had been assembled. After this it was torn completely down, sand blasted, and made ready for paint.

What a beautiful beast!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jennifer

Would love to see pictures of the paint job!!

• Like 1